↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Not needing business
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
walfy

Not needing business
I have a deep seated hankering for a 110DC. So almost every dealership I pass I drop in for a quick look see. Well I was going to Kent and back from Bristol s passed close to a few. First dealership I visited I managed to park in the customer car park, walk across the front of the dealership and into the used stock area. Walking in amongst the vehicles in search of my dream car. 5 sales staff were running around jump starting cars and moving them around for the photographer to take pics for advertising I presumed. Anyway I didn't see any 110's let alone a DC, so walked out of the stock yard and was almost back to my car before being approached to see if they could help. I explained what I wanted and a time scale. When he asked me for my details I said that it would be 6-9 months before I would be purchasing and the reply I got was OK and he then just walked off. He didn't seem to want to take my details after I said my long lead time.
Second dealership I visited had 2 in stock. I again walked across the customer car park into the stock area, find the 2 DC. THen proceed to spend about 10 mins looking at it, having a look underneath, peering in the back. Take several pics on my phone and make a call to SWMBO. Still no sign of any staff. Even just to check that I wasn't damaging the cars.

I understand that if they ran to everyone that walked across the forecourt they would get a little bit tired. But for someone to be there 10 mins, take pics and then make a call???
Am I expecting to much?? 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #80422 15th Jul 2011 2:15pm
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Re: Not needing business
walfy wrote:
Am I expecting to much??

No,,, Lazy load of sods,, Slack few months at present, so they need to get of the backsides !!!

Took the Merc in for its first service at Exeter, Staff outweighed the customer's about 10 to 1,,
While waiting, had a look at the SLS, in the showroom, not one of the 3 "sales persons" all within 100 foot, could be arsed to get up, and see if they could be of any help !!! Not as thought i had parked a shed outside their front windows !! California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #80494 15th Jul 2011 11:34pm
Merlin

United Kingdom 
If you thought that is bad, I went to marshal’s in Cambridge for a paint defect. Not only didn’t they want to fix it, they denied having repainted the part 3 months ago. So I was a little annoyed as paint should last a bit longer.

Naturally I complained and didn’t get a positive response, even when I pointed out that the next service would be best part of a grand and they would loose that and all subsequent ones. No one seemed to care. So I’ll take my money elsewhere.

What ever happened to customer care? It seems to be don’t care nowadays.

Rant over,

Merlin
Evil or Very Mad
Post #80557 16th Jul 2011 2:18pm
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Walfy

Give Yeovil Land Rover a try - 01935 426600 and ask for Keiron Flack, the sales manager. Tell him I put you in contact.

If they don't have a double cab in for you to look at you are more than welcome to come and look over mine, we are not that far from Bristol. Also, if you come down to Yeovil I work round the corner socan make sure that I have my double cab at work.

Bob
Post #80828 18th Jul 2011 6:31pm
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
Hartwells in Oxford don`t seem interested in actually selling any Landrovers either, thats why we went to Park Royal Very Happy 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #80843 18th Jul 2011 7:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DefenderOfTheEarth

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
A bit of a trek but Roger Young in Saltash (nr Plymouth) is hard to beat for service.

Bit far for small service items but well worth the trip to buy one.

Unfortunately they didn't have what we wanted in stock but they were very helpful indeed.

Wife's grandad got his (09 reg 90) from RY and has been amazed by the service.

Have to say that Harwoods in Croydon did a good job when they sold us our 110. Although I reckon they sold it to use with a dodgy clutch - now replaced under warranty. Defender 110XS SW gone... now VW California 180 4 Motion.
Post #80856 18th Jul 2011 7:35pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
If i was to guess its because they are selling the stock and selling them without much work required - just because your not interested doesnt make it right.

Im not saying its the right approach either by the way

Quote:
A bit of a trek but Roger Young in Saltash (nr Plymouth) is hard to beat for service

bought my discovery from there - never again, trading standards was required Mike
Post #80862 18th Jul 2011 7:47pm
walfy

A quick update.

I've put off buying another LR product this year. As I have just purchased a quad bike to go out and about on. LR will be back on the cards next year now Thumbs Up 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #149345 9th Jun 2012 11:30am
wslr

United Kingdom 
DefenderOfTheEarth wrote:
A bit of a trek but Roger Young in Saltash (nr Plymouth) is hard to beat for service

Anyone I hear looking for a Land Rover gets told to go and see Roger Young. In fact they have sold some D4's and FL2's to some people I've sent there.

Probably due to them not being part of a large holding group makes it all more personal.
Post #149364 9th Jun 2012 1:20pm
Maxxed_Ross

Scotland 2001 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Cobar Blue
I constantly have the same problem - likely due to my age.

When I was shopping for my "weekend plaything" 3 years ago I was only 21, so most salesmen ignored me totally until I went and cornered one. One guy actually refused to let me test drive an Evo 9 because he was convinced I was a time waster.

Funny how the attitude instantly changed when I mentioned I worked offshore on the oil rigs and was planing to buy cash.

Their loss Laughing
Post #149405 9th Jun 2012 8:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1