↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > XS Full leather seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
XS Full leather seats
As title who has the XS seats in their Defender? Are they nice? I am interested in some as currently I have the original van Puma type they are nice as they are but full leather would be even nicer I would imagine. Any thoughts? Also wonder if a full leather trim kit would be okay as me seats and foams are perfect already or just swap? I know a swap would be easiest but also more expensive Confused
Post #147519 29th May 2012 12:43pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Once you're sat on them the XS ones feel exactly the same as the base spec version IMO, but they do 'look' nicer.

It's nice to have the heated bit on the XS (although yours might have those anyway ?)

Full leather, I think, are a pain, cold in the winter and hot in the summer, need maintenance to stop them cracking but easy to wipe mud off Mr. Green
Post #147521 29th May 2012 1:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Puma seats are the same as your cloth seats but have half leather trim. John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #147525 29th May 2012 1:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
custom90

United Kingdom 
@ Go Beyond:
I agree that was my main reason for thinking a trim change only would be good rather than the whole thing. And yes the cloth type are also good but not so easy to keep clean and with our dogs in the back it's terrible Shocked At least with leather yes it has to be cared for but on the whole it's nice to clean.

@ JSG:
I don't quite follow? I already have Puma seats part leather part cloth but they are not the XS full leather versions.

Main reason for my interest is I have seen a full leather re-trim kit that Exmoor trim are doing.
Here: http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/catalogue/deta...l?sef=hcfp
Post #147530 29th May 2012 1:51pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
XS seats are part leather, which it sounds like that's what you're already got. I don't think there is such a thing as a factory full leather XS seat. The Exmoor Trim kit that you've linked to is just an aftermarket upgrade. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #147534 29th May 2012 2:30pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
LandRoverAnorak wrote:
XS seats are part leather, which it sounds like that's what you're already got. I don't think there is such a thing as a factory full leather XS seat. The Exmoor Trim kit that you've linked to is just an aftermarket upgrade.

Oh I follow what you all mean now. I was assuming the XS versions were full leather. So in other words the XS seats aren't really any different to what I already have. Still interested to know what the Exmoor versions are like Thumbs Up
Post #147536 29th May 2012 2:38pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
konabikes11 wrote:
LandRoverAnorak wrote:
XS seats are part leather, which it sounds like that's what you're already got. I don't think there is such a thing as a factory full leather XS seat. The Exmoor Trim kit that you've linked to is just an aftermarket upgrade.

Oh I follow what you all mean now. I was assuming the XS versions were full leather. So in other words the XS seats aren't really any different to what I already have. Still interested to know what the Exmoor versions are like Thumbs Up

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear. XS are only part leather - as far as I know no standard seats are full leather but a number of after market ones are. John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #147544 29th May 2012 3:28pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
i have them in my td5 and are lovely but as the others say the seat is exactly the same as cloth ones, best bet get them retrimmed customised Thumbs Up
Post #147558 29th May 2012 5:25pm
d j hutton

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
I retrimmed the bog standard ones in my old 90 with a set from Exmoor Trim, easy enough to do. They were 'XS style' with techno fabric centres and vinyl outers in grey. Look smart and seem to be wearing ok.

I expect their leather ones would be pretty good as well.

DJ 1989 200tdi 90 csw
2011 110 usw Orkney grey

Buy British 🇬🇧

Defender Clothing Designs available at http://www.rangesports.com/acatalog/Defender-Stuff.html
Post #147564 29th May 2012 6:02pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Glad to hear. I do think their quality is good I have rear tip up seats by Exmoor already and they are good. If I go ahead with it at some point I'll let you know how it goes. Thumbs Up
Post #147566 29th May 2012 6:07pm
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
Full leather is always more of a hassle than good. Surely they would be even less supportive than the half leather- It isn't like the standard seats hold you in.

Have you thought about maybe a good set of seat covers? That way they are easily cleaned, and a daamn sight cheaper.

Glyn Dog Sheep
Post #147567 29th May 2012 6:09pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Glynparry25 wrote:
Full leather is always more of a hassle than good. Surely they would be even less supportive than the half leather- It isn't like the standard seats hold you in.

Have you thought about maybe a good set of seat covers? That way they are easily cleaned, and a daamn sight cheaper.

Glyn Dog Sheep

I have thought about seat covers yes. Not to keen on M&M myself and the others just seem to be nylon which is a bit of a turn of as i would imagine it would be a bit like sitting on plastic bags. (Great of course for really dirty work)
Post #147572 29th May 2012 6:58pm
JeremyJ

United Kingdom 
Only factory Defenders to get full leather where Black LE and Heritage (in green!!)
Post #147581 29th May 2012 7:38pm
cinstone

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Keswick Green
Be mindful that the leather on the XS seats can stretch and not support the foam, thus the wing foam flattens a little and the seat frame wears through the foam and causes the foam to tare and not provide full support. I replaced the foam with Exmoor Trim mouldings, which on the TD5 and Puma they supply Land Rover parts Evil or Very Mad and the same happened again.

In good order the XS seats are comfy, but beware stretching leather.

Chris. http://shropshirelandrovers.freeforums.org

2015 Defender 90 XS SW & Helen, 1964 IIa. Previously 2012 Defender 90 XS SW & 2008 90 XS SW.

Previous LR's: Michael, my 2008 Defender 90 XS SW.

Machinas oportet intrare non capsicum annuum faveo
Post #148265 2nd Jun 2012 1:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1