Home > Off Topic > Made a big decision
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
ben_j85jty

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 XS DCPU Bonatti Grey
Projectblue wrote:
Congrats and good luck.

First obseravtion is that either your link in your sig on here is wrong or my work browser won't load your page and that there is someone with an events group that sounds almost identical to yours.

Or am I just stupid Mr. Green

PB,

Link works fine for me so, not sure what is happening there.

There is an On Target Events, started up shortly after mine. Annoyingly they are not a Ltd company, so no need to register with companies house. My surname is Targett I would have a strong case to keep it. 2002 Defender 110 DC
Post #146897 24th May 2012 5:02pm
Projectblue

England 
website works from home so your site being blocked by work firewall - anyway, website looks pretty professional and of course now I know you spell your surname with two T's it makes perfect sense Thumbs Up
Post #147122 25th May 2012 11:22pm
walfy

It's a shame about the company name being so close to yours but as you say there's nothing you can do about it.
When I named my Ltd company, my accountant carried out the search and there was a company that used exactly the same name. But as they went out of business for whatever reason 6 yrs ago I was fine to use it.
TBH I don't run it as a real company, I contract to a major player in my chosen field and have a couple of companys that I'm the H&S manager for. So it keeps me busy and I can still afford my toys.
Never felt so good being my own boss. Being able to say NO to wor when ever I feel lie time off Thumbs Up 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #147125 25th May 2012 11:33pm
ben_j85jty

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 XS DCPU Bonatti Grey
It is a shame, I could have my Ltd name as something inane like Glassglobe Ltd and then trade as, but decided against it.

Today has been all about getting ready.

Getting rerady for next weekend and 4 days at the ALRC nationals at Belvior Castle and getting ready to Leave employment and giving back the company car. Been looking at Passat Estates all day, hopefully one will pop up at the right price. 2002 Defender 110 DC
Post #147171 26th May 2012 3:37pm
wslr

United Kingdom 
Re: Made a big decision
ben_j85jty wrote:
I have been really unhappy with my job as of late and I decided its probably best for my heath, sanity and homelife if I just gave it a go.

I hope it gets better for you, but this is a very lonely route. The reasons you list are likely to affect you still - Everything is against you once you go it alone. Sorry to sound negative but life is easier working for someone else.

DJ mentions an accountant. Ask around and find someone recommended. UKbusinessforums is also a good place to find contacts and people who you can use to help you.

Also worth joining the FSB. Costs a little, but the benefits are worth every penny, especially the legal side.
Post #147212 26th May 2012 9:23pm
JJ

United Kingdom 1987 Defender 110 V8 Petrol CSW Corris Grey
Working for your self is so much more rewarding than being an employee, free to make your own mistakes and learn the best way to get it right without the office politics.
It is the freedom I enjoy most and of course if you are successful you will enjoy the fruits of your own labour.
Having your own accountant is a bonus.
Post #147240 27th May 2012 10:54am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12