↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Pop up Trailer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Pop up Trailer
Thought some of you might be interested in this thread on the build of a pop up trailer;

Click For Link

Click image to enlarge
 John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #145180 15th May 2012 8:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Looks great, I wouldn't be bothered about the pop up design just keep it simple. Not that this is but I've never been keen on trailer tents as you get the worst of both worlds e.g. having to tow and having to pack up and dry out a wet tent Sad One or the other really for me!

A smaller harder offroading type caravan like this would be my ideal, I'd keep it in ali like an Airstream - just looks Cool There isn't anything on the market like it at the moment, the smaller vans look to modern/trendy for me, I would really like a small 2 berth caravan that looks suitable to go behind a Defender - loads of ali and rivets Very Happy
Post #145219 15th May 2012 10:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JSG

Zagato wrote:

A smaller harder offroading type caravan like this would be my ideal, I'd keep it in ali like an Airstream - just looks Cool There isn't anything on the market like it at the moment, the smaller vans look to modern/trendy for me, I would really like a small 2 berth caravan that looks suitable to go behind a Defender - loads of ali and rivets Very Happy

How about a 16' Silver Bullet Grasshopper, buy as a shell and fit out yourself ... John

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #145229 16th May 2012 12:22am
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Now you made me late for the school run John Shocked

Oh yes just the job 17K and fit out yourself, I've been looking and dreaming about a second hand small Airstream for 10K that needs quite a bit of work so it in the same ballpark. Will drool over them later...can you write an apology note to the tastey teacher explaining why my kids are late for school Shocked Laughing Don't worry I'll butter her up Twisted Evil
Post #145254 16th May 2012 8:34am
JSG

If she's tasty I'll deliver the note for you ...

I have also been dreaming about one of the small Airstreams as a camping pod setup - Our caravan is great but doesn't have the 'Airstream Thing' Cool John

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #145281 16th May 2012 9:54am
Eduardo

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Looks good, but still I dont like the heigh and the size of the setup and as a family of 6 will be huge for the roads that we use.

Probably you are more customized with the UK trailer tents like this

Click image to enlarge

In our case, the setup have an hard roof and canvas walls, given the possibility of a lower profile.

The only part that can be affected by the rain are the beed bunkers and one wall, but with a good tarp all the problems gone Wink

The setup have all the ammenities (stove, fridge, hot water and a furnance)

Cheers Eduardo

MY 2007 110 SW PUMA 2.4: Big Fog of 64'
MY 1994 Jayco 1207 Folding camper: "El Tremendo"

Click image to enlarge
Post #145316 16th May 2012 2:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1