↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Hose leak
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RgrBox

United States 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
Hose leak
Well, after 2600 kms I got back last night from ym vacation. Man it was great.. but a few hicups.. on the way back down from Germany yesterday, I was driving 110 kms an hour south of Karsruhl when the motor lost power twice.. it was still running, and got the power back but I pulled over anyway to have a look under the hood. After a full check I found that the water resovoir was empty.. I was a bit shocked as one gets, and hadn't noticed any rise in temp ont eh dash board temp guage. I waited a few minutes, and opened the reservoir, some steam leacked out, and I refilled it with 2.5L of water.. all I had at teh rest stop. Anyway, I drove off and got tot he next rest tation about 20 kms away, and had a look, all was well and the water line was at the middle of the res. I drove on to the next stop and it was empty again.. I then noticed that there was liquid leaking from the rear of the engine above the transmission. I couldn't get too close due too the heat, but refilled the res, with water. It held, and I drove on to the next stop.. did this several times, and only refilled once more.. I called LR Assistance, and he asked me if the guage read that teh eingine was over heating which it wasn't.. he then asked me if I wasn't them to come and get me, but I though I was try to get home on my own, which I did. Called my local gargaes today, and everyone is on vacation, and they have not place for me.. after a couple of calles i called LR Assistance, and they are sending a truck to come and get my LR today, and they said they would get it looked after, and me a car to drive untilk mine is fixed.. I hope it all works out.. anyway, was a bit of a scare, and I'm surprised that the motor never over heated.. anyway the thermostat guage was sitting on cold this morning so I know it works..

RB 2008 110 2.4 tdci csw
Landrovers of Switzerland Club member
Post #13779 3rd Aug 2009 12:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MK

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Chawton White
I believe when there is no coolant at all, the gauge does not read anything. Anyway, if that would have been the case, you should have noticed a lot of heat coming from the engine. Puma 110" SW

Earth first. Other planets later
Post #13782 3rd Aug 2009 12:20pm
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
Sounds like it could be where the water goes from the block to the heater matrix- does the heater setting affect it at all?

Glyn
Post #13783 3rd Aug 2009 12:24pm
RgrBox

United States 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
The water was missing fromt he Upper Resevoir where I can only imagine the heated collant goes too. The recycles back into the radiator. The cam by and got the LR but I don't know when they will be able to get to it. They claim to be over loaded with work due to vacation and mechanics on vacation.. so I hope to know something soon. LR Service here ready did the job though. I go tomorrow morning next to my work to pick up my rental car. and they< came to my home and picked up the LR. SO hopefully, now the Garage will do the right job. The LR Rep thinks that the Garage was pushing me away because I didn't buy my LR there.. I told him, I tried, but 6 months waiting list and the competion selling me one in one month was a big difference..

RB 2008 110 2.4 tdci csw
Landrovers of Switzerland Club member
Post #13798 3rd Aug 2009 5:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1