↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > FS - Four part-worn Kuhmo KL71 tyres 285/75x16
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
FS - Four part-worn Kuhmo KL71 tyres 285/75x16
I have today replaced the KL71s which have been on my Defender for the last 35000 miles with a set of new BFG KM2 Muds. I part-exchanged the totally-unused spare against the new tyres, but the four part-worn ones are available if anyone wants them.

They all have a respectable amount of tread left, the actual amount varies due to the way the tyres wear but the minimum I can find is 6mm and the max is about 12mm remaining. I reckon that they will be legal for another 15k to 20k miles.

I have only taken them off at this stage since they are now worn to the extent that they no longer give me the traction I need in wet grass & mud on a working truck - if it wasn't a 'worker' I would have left them on.

Apart from the wear, the tyres are good as new; there are no cuts or blemishes and there is no sidewall damage. They are approx 2 1/2 years old. They are simply too good just to throw away!

I am looking for £60 for the four but I am prepared to haggle (a little)! You would have to collect - or arrange collection - from Dorset (Poole/Blandford area), alternatively by arrangement and at cost I could deliver in the Dorset, Somerset, or N. Devon areas. If there are no takers here, they'll go on Ebay.

Please note that these are 285/75 x 16 tyres, so they are big. They will fit standard Boost alloys but are best with 30mm spacers.
Post #112928 6th Jan 2012 5:07pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Hmmmm....very tempting,do you think they're still meaty enough for green laning?
Post #112990 6th Jan 2012 7:45pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I reckon so. If all I did was lane, especially in company, I would have kept them yet awhile..

If you are thinking of changing to 285s, these would let you put four on at a low cost and then get new ones one or two at a time - saves forking out £750 in one go.
Post #113036 6th Jan 2012 9:28pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
OK,I'll take them if they're still available?

Will PM you tomorrow and organise collection of them (I'm in Swindon so not too far away)
Post #113098 6th Jan 2012 11:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1