Home > Puma (Tdci) > Defender Puma No Start
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lcchn

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Indus Silver
Defender Puma No Start
Hello,
I’ve recently drowned my TD4 2.2 in some water. The water was over the top of the batteries for about 10 hours. After getting it back home I got everything dry and sprayed with contact spray and got all of the water out of the air intake hoses and changed all the oils and dropped the tank to get rid of any contaminated diesel. I also flushed the fuel lines and changed the diesel filter.
I filled the tank with about 20l of fresh diesel from a jerry can and the engine started fine and was running well. I drove about 40km and everything was fine. Then I went to the gas station and filled the tank up to the top.

And this is where my problem starts, about 3km after the gas station the engine shut off whilst driving. After some fault code clearing (something about the fuel pressure being to high I believe) the engine started back up and ran fine the 3km back home. I turned it off and on again with no problem. The next morning it wouldn’t start and hasn’t since.
The engine is cranking fine but I don’t seem to get fuel. I tried bleeding the hp fuel pump and changing the vcv with no success.

Does anyone have a idea what could prevent the fuel pump from pumping the fuel to the injectors?

Thanks in advance
Luca
Post #1028897 21st Mar 2024 7:56pm
andy63

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 CSW Aintree Green
Hi... Does your tank mounted pump run when you switch on the ignition?.. It can normally be heard
And it would be handy to know what your rail pressure is doing when you do try and start it.. If you run something like the torque app, that should tell you👍
Post #1028945 22nd Mar 2024 7:11am
Dinnu

Malta 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Santorini Black
Do you have any fault codes?

Regarding fuel on the low pressure side, there is a schrader valve, normally covered by a green cap. Try pressing the valve and see if fuel is coming out. 1988 90 Hard Top, 19J Diesel Turbo, Shire Blue - Restoration ongoing
2012 90 CSW, 2.2TDCI, Santorini Black
Post #1028962 22nd Mar 2024 10:27am
Lcchn

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Indus Silver
I can hear the low pressure pump running and my fuel rail pressure is about 185-200 bar whilst cranking.

Click image to enlarge

If I crank for like 20 seconds I get a fault code.

Click image to enlarge

And when I press the schrader valve there is fuel coming out with a good amount of pressure.
I also took off one of the lines from the rail to the fuel injectors. There was some diesel in the line but there was non coming out of the rail while cranking.
Post #1028966 22nd Mar 2024 11:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1