↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > N846 - Belt Integrated Starter Generator (BISG) Charging Ino
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Japseroony

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Had mine in within a week of calling the LR service centre - took them all of 15 mins to do and I just waited with a cup of coffee.

The dealers are exaggerating over the time it takes and are booking folk in and doing the software updates whilst doing other jobs and making you all wait for 2+ hours - the service centre I took it to booked me in at 1pm so first job after lunch Thumbs Up

Mine is a D250 built in May of this year and no issues or signed of anything wrong but I suffered from this on my new FFRR D350 where upon start the warning appeared and eventually the vehicle went dead - no dash lights, no power at all. Fortunately this was whilst at the service centre on their forecourt Whistle Shocked Whistle Gas, Grass Or Ass - Nobody Rides For Free

"UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.
Post #1017262 3rd Dec 2023 4:05pm
Tim in Scotland

Got the letter this morning and dropped into Pentland Stirling to book the car - earliest date available is 15th January with a loan car. So my D250 has gone 9 months without a visit to the dealership unlike my D240 that had had 6 visits to fix leaks and rattles in that time. Pity as I was hoping that I might get a year in without a dealership visit!
When I take it in I’ll also book it in for a March/ 12 months old oil and filter change, might have racked up 8k miles by then unlike the D240 that managed just over 11000 miles in its first year.
Their forecourt is absolutely rammed with New Defenders of all versions, all registered on 73 plates or private plates waiting to go to new owners in time for Christmas! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #1018161 12th Dec 2023 2:33pm
J77

Scotland 
Still waiting on mine.

Pentland must have excess stock as some Defenders are being offered with £2k deposit contribution. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #1018188 12th Dec 2023 7:44pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
Supply is catching up with demand it seems then.

Although there's still over 12 months wait for a Commercial unless you can find a cancelled order or stock unsold.
Post #1018191 12th Dec 2023 8:05pm
rayabad

I was wondering when I decelerate all the energy gets into the brakes and not converted to charge the battery for the mild hybrid turbo charger. I am curious if it is the alternator charging the 24v mild hybrid battery maybe i’ll experiment on a bluetooth OBD-II and see wazap.
Post #1026958 5th Mar 2024 7:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123