↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Solar Attenuating Windscreen - how to identify.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Nazca sand eddie

England 
I don’t think I can help re build sheet, but on the Order Detail Sheet, the Solar Attenuating Glass is shown as code 047EB.

When comparing the symbols on my windscreen with what others have posted, I believe I do have the screen that I paid extra for.

A few days ago I left the car facing the sun for 3 hours, whilst enjoying my free Land Rover Experience.
When I returned to my car, the interior was relatively cool, so confirming that the screen was helping to keep the car cool.

Just still need to find out what the ‘padlock’ and broken ‘i’ refer to.
Post #956863 29th Jun 2022 9:45pm
Nashvegas

United States 
I figured this out btw. I have a 2020 110X with solar attenuating windscreen and HUD.

So, if you have NO HUD and solar attenuating windscreen, the glass from Pilkington/JLR is the purplish tint glass, which does look cool from the exterior I think... and then those 2 cutouts round the rear view mirror which are pictured up above.

However, if you have HUD and solar attenuating windscreen, the glass is *not* purplish tint and it does *not* have the 2 cutouts round the rear view mirror... so it looks like regular glass. In fact, it is not. It's also solar attenuating but uses a different tech than the visible purple layer within.

Something to do with HUD cars needing a different something in the window to properly reflect the HUD display.
Post #959217 22nd Jul 2022 7:53pm
jamesspi

United States 
Just in case anyone else comes across this. I have a 2022 X Dynamic HSE, which came with Solar attenuation. I just had my windshield replaced by an autoglass shop do to a rock chip, and, at first glance, I thought they made a mistake because it didn't have the top cutouts next to the mirror like the old one (even though they ordered the exact OEM glass with the part number from LandRover)

After calling LandRover, they explained that they changed the design in 2023 to a totally clear design, and it is expected that I wouldn't see the cutouts anymore. The thermometer icon is the indication of Solar attenuation.

Hope this helps someone is a similar position.
Post #1023387 3rd Feb 2024 1:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12