↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Activating ACC, ATPC, TR2 Auto, Park Assist, wheel size etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 11 <123 ... 8 91011>
Print this entire topic · 
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
Still not getting auto park to work fully. Won’t let me start the manoeuvre. I can confirm ACC and Tow Assist 2 are working, just not the auto park.
Post #1017297 3rd Dec 2023 7:35pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
Have you ran this script for auto park?

Click image to enlarge
 MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1017300 3rd Dec 2023 7:46pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
I did run it earlier along with ACC and neither worked so I redid it manually. I might try the script again though, good suggestion, cos I think Auto Park needs ACC working?
Post #1017317 3rd Dec 2023 9:21pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
You do need ACC I believe for park assist to work MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1017320 3rd Dec 2023 9:31pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
ACC working nicely now

Click image to enlarge
Post #1017325 3rd Dec 2023 9:45pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
ckamps wrote:
On my 2021 D90 First Edition US, I was able to get ACC (the most important feature to me), ATPC, TR2, and dynamic mode enabled. I also enabled advanced tow assist, but have not yet tried it.

In dynamic mode, I don’t have any red lighting on the instrument cluster and interior lights. The latter is no surprise given that my D90 does not have the ambient lighting feature. No big deal to me. I’m enjoying the heavier steering feel of dynamic mode, but I have not yet noticed the impact of other settings. Presence of the red lighting effect in the instrument cluster seems to be vehicle, year, and/or trim level specific and not related to the programming tool.

Park assist did not work even after following the direct CCF editing approach based on examples shared in the other Gap-oriented threads. I don’t see the icon on the right. I see the grayed out setting in the driver assistance section. When I click on the Park Assist icon, I just see the icon displayed in the middle of the screen. Similar to some other people. Since I had the braking error for a while, I was thinking that it was getting in the way of park assist working similar to the braking error causing ACC to not work. However, even after the braking error was cleared and not present, park assist still did not work (yet ACC did).

As mentioned in those threads, enabling park assist seems to be a hit or miss affair across multiple programming tools. I was interested in giving park assist a go just from a techie perspective. We have it in one our GTIs, but never use it.

Remembering start/stop setting doesn’t seem to have worked for my D90 either. I don’t mind the auto stop feature, but I figured I’d try to enable the memory feature just to have it. Again, I used the direct CCF approach to enable the memory feature. Perhaps it’s working, but I just don’t realize it. Smile

The start stop worked ok on mine, just remembers whatever it was set at, which is handy.
I have just got today to try to crack the parking situation, might try a few setting at lunchtime.

In the meantime, my defender is trying to do a SOTA update to new PIVI 4.1.0!

OS Release 4.1.0
Pivi Pro 4.1.0

In this release our Driving Assistance and Vehicle Dynamics teams have created a number of improvements to the performance of a number of vehicle control systems and consequently enhanced the vehicle’s refinement.

Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist/ Lane Keep Assist:
(Please note: Not all of the below improvements are applicable to vehicles with only Lane Keep Assist)
– Smoother assisted steering for road layouts which include direction changes, lanes splitting and road marking transitions. Image processing improvements for surface estimation.

– Calibration updates improving lane corridor quality & consistency, resulting in smoother steering through corners.

– Improved determination of road edges.

– Several line geometry related image processing refinements to help avoid false positives.

– Improvements when managing cross junctions with no lane markings.

Emergency Braking:
– General performance refinements.

Traffic Sign Recognition:
– General improvement in sign recognition.

Auto High Beam Assist:
– Oncoming vehicle detection refinements to help avoid unintended dazzling of oncoming drivers.

Electric Power Assisted Steering:
– Improvements to steering feedback.

Vehicle Dynamics:
– Off-road handling, general suspension & body control refinement (Range Rover & Range Rover Sport only).
Post #1017365 4th Dec 2023 11:56am
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
aquascape wrote:
You do need ACC I believe for park assist to work

I ran the script, still getting the same error where it will pick spaces/let me choose which space, but wont start the procedure.
Post #1017383 4th Dec 2023 1:25pm
Philipp1601

Germany 
I have the same problem as my colleague tooth_dr.

My park assistance stops with a greyed out „start“ button.

I have a similar car (Defender XS Edition D250) and a similar job 😬 🦷 as an orthodontist. Greetings

Philipp

---------------------------------------
MY24 Defender 110 XS-Edition D250 Stealth Mod
MY07 VW Multivan T5 Sport Edition D5
MY12 Mini R55 Cooper Works
MY00 MB SLK 320 R170 Designo
MY21 KTM 690 SMC-R
Post #1017665 6th Dec 2023 9:36pm
Manuto

Canada 
Did the price jump to $199?
Maybe I am selecting the wrong option...

Click image to enlarge
Post #1018474 16th Dec 2023 12:48am
verrilli

United States 
Quote:
Did the price jump to $199?

Yes
Post #1018475 16th Dec 2023 12:52am
elvin

Australia 
For those wondering; I am successfully using the software on an Apple Macbook M1 using VMWare Fusion and a free Windows 11 distribution. I am also using a usb-c dongle with an ethernet port and the famous yellow obd2 to ethernet cable. I let my VMWare use my macbooks WiFi as a virtual bridged ethernet connection but connect the USB-C dongle/ethernet odb2 directly to windows.

So far I have only tried to tinker with the parking assist. I followed the earlier posted steps to clear the Emergency Break error and I got my hopes up. However the functionality itself doesn't seem to work; I do see a grayed out option in the drivers aids (or something like that) describing the feature but I can't toggle it on. Anyone else hit that wall?

I was also wondering if anyone knows if there is a setting to enable the "keeping in lane/lane centering" feature. I dont mean the hard yank when you cross or are about to cross a line but the auto pilot lite feature Smile

Update
Enabled I-Dynamic, TR, Wifi hotspot, tailgate from fob.
It is doing everything but starting the parking manoeuvre now
Post #1018489 16th Dec 2023 9:03am
John C

This is all really interesting!

For some reason (don’t ask…) 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE didn’t come with Adaptive Cruise…

I can see from this thread that it’s possible to enable it, however, are people replacing the buttons on the steering wheel to get the distance/gap buttons? (I am assuming it works the same was as my previous D5?)

Thank you
Post #1023171 31st Jan 2024 11:56pm
ckamps

United States 
No, the distance “buttons” will appear once you activate the feature.

Note how your steering wheel “buttons” disappear when the vehicle is powered off. 2021 D90 Pangea First Edition

Last edited by ckamps on 1st Feb 2024 12:41am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1023172 1st Feb 2024 12:01am
John C

Thank you - that’s really helpful Smile Thumbs Up
Post #1023173 1st Feb 2024 12:06am
John C

I am going to have a crack at this (need to find a Windows laptop from somewhere… Not sure I can be bothered with faffing around getting Windows onto my MacBook). Am very keen to enable the ACC but also I like the idea of remembering the Start/Stop setting.

Has anyone actually had any major problems doing this… just wondering what the risk is of bricking the car. Shocked (other than power loss during update).
Post #1023256 1st Feb 2024 7:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 11 <123 ... 8 91011>