↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Red Devil M57 Twin Turbo Conversion
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mrfirepro

United Kingdom 1996 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Bonatti Grey
Red Devil M57 Twin Turbo Conversion
The timing isn't great but I stumbled on an opportunity to purchase a 2006 BMW X3 SD M Sport very cheaply, so I thought I start another project even though my main project is not yet finished. ( https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic75493.html ).

I now have the complete car and am just starting to think about my plans to drop this into my other Puma along with a 8Hp transmission without any other mods at this stage. I'm going to try and keep this to a budget and not get carried away again Laughing

Initially I'm going to remove and rebuild the engine with an aim of 400-450HP. (I believe this is a realistic goal ??)

I've started talking with some suppliers in this market with limited success.

I'd be very interested in any recommendations for suppliers and particularly any resources that may be useful (engine build manuals, you tube videos, any other technical data)

It would be great to get your comments and recommendations....

I'll post up some pics over the next few weeks
Post #1021444 16th Jan 2024 8:44pm
Linds Hanson

United Kingdom 
We use Marcus at MW machines for most parts he provides engine and gearbox mounting brackets for standard Puma TDCI chassis. You will need a adapter from M57 to N57 available from Syncro or PMC and a N57 drive plate and torque converter. A 8HP to LT230 adaptor from Syncro and a CAN converter from Kenneth at CANTCU also a N57 shifter from a BMW 2012 on. Demand can supply a full exhaust, Allisport can provide a a rad/cooler pack. P38 steering box with Blackbird industries fitting kit will make more space for AC and turbo pipework.You will need a 1.003 transfer box also.
Post #1021559 17th Jan 2024 7:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1