Home > In Car Electronics > MTA modular fuse and relay system
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
PoormansXS

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Buckingham Blue
MTA modular fuse and relay system
Hi all first post here,

As the name suggest I’m building somewhat of a poor man’s XS (02 TD5 CSW) heated seats and screen are in and working well. The next thing I would like to add is air conditioning (providing I can find a kit that I can afford!)

of course adding all these extra circuits has put me on a quest to find an aftermarket fusebox. I started out with a cheapo ‘prewired’ job from Amazon which was swiftly returned when I realised the wiring was not adequate. I’m now looking into the MTA modular system. Seems a really comprehensive kit with a lot of flexibility. Has anyone here used one? TIA
Post #1016308 25th Nov 2023 2:52am
TexasRover

France 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Chawton White
I have used the ones where you can fit 6 relays and you have to crimp all your connections (no wires provided). One thing to consider is that if you want to install a timer relay they tend to be taller and so you can not fit the cover unless you make a square hole, which compromises the waterproof integrity. Not a huge issues if you fit under the Seats
Post #1016325 25th Nov 2023 10:27am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Re: MTA modular fuse and relay system
PoormansXS wrote:
Hi all first post here,

As the name suggest I’m building somewhat of a poor man’s XS (02 TD5 CSW) heated seats and screen are in and working well. The next thing I would like to add is air conditioning (providing I can find a kit that I can afford!)

of course adding all these extra circuits has put me on a quest to find an aftermarket fusebox. I started out with a cheapo ‘prewired’ job from Amazon which was swiftly returned when I realised the wiring was not adequate. I’m now looking into the MTA modular system. Seems a really comprehensive kit with a lot of flexibility. Has anyone here used one? TIA

Nothing wrong with a poor mans XS. I have one as well. But then that is precisely why Defenders are so great, adaptability, you can make them whatever you want/need them to be. There are some great kits out there to add heated seats, windscreen, AC, etc. Plus things like upgrading to Puma era seats as well.

Thumbs Up Modifying is good fun. Let us know how you get on.
Post #1016329 25th Nov 2023 11:37am
PoormansXS

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Buckingham Blue
I brought it in august this year and it has got me back into working on my cars. Originally I was looking to just buy an XS. People laughed when I told them my budget though. So I thought I’ll build my own! So far it’s going well but I have quickly learned there is always another job to do on a defender

Click image to enlarge
Post #1016331 25th Nov 2023 11:51am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
That looks a nice Defender, and as Geobloke says, it’s part of the fun of ownership to adapt and upgrade (update) our Landies. They are almost infinitely customisable.

Have fun 👍
Post #1016335 25th Nov 2023 12:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1