↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Activating ACC, ATPC, TR2 Auto, Park Assist, wheel size etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 11 <123 456 ... 91011>
Print this entire topic · 
aquascape

United Kingdom 
The Jet Pro software for $99 will activate everything the gap tool can plus ACC, ATPC AND TR2 AUTO, so not bad value for the money.

Gap will hopefully work these out too in the future.

Park Assist plus some other features like power upgrades may work but not sure anyone has got these to work yet. MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014825 11th Nov 2023 7:42pm
ckamps

United States 
Not bad value for the money!!??? What an understatement compared to the alternatives. Smile

@aquascape, this is simply awesome! Thanks for experimenting and helping other people with this option. I plan to try the tool tomorrow after I receive my cable.

In my quest to activate ACC at a cost that I deemed reasonable (a few hundred bucks), I looked into a series of DoIP dongles, 3rd party tools, and JLR Pathfinder / TOPIx Cloud. None of them seemed to be viable based on my requirements.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/2020-def...pp-118985/

I’m looking forward to revising the referenced thread once I’m successful with the JET Pro solution.

Cheers
Post #1014826 11th Nov 2023 8:08pm
ckamps

United States 
Download and install tips:

Download and install is a multi-step process. The initial download containers a downloader and install app named "JET-download.exe". Execution of that app performs both the download and apparently install of the "JET-PRO" app to your desktop.

I ended up temporarily disabling my Windows firewall and real-time virus and threat protection settings to get the download to work properly. Since I'm on a private network, I'm OK with doing this on a temporary basis.

Once the download completed, it wasn't clear to me what to do next given that the dialog windows just notes "Complete" and provides an "Uninstall" button.

I finally noticed that the download process installed a "JET-PRO" app on my desktop.

I started the "JET-PRO" app, but now I'm stuck at the "Register/Temporary login" dialog. I have a support request outstanding on WhatsApp requesting a registration code based on my $99 order. 2021 D90 Pangea First Edition
Post #1014930 12th Nov 2023 11:24pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
They should have added a temporary login code to your account. Login to your autosvs account and it should be shown there. Copy the code and past it into the box on the jet pro software and click on temporary login. This give you 72hrs access. MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1014944 13th Nov 2023 7:34am
ckamps

United States 
UPDATE: See my post later for the cause of and solution to the connectivity issues…

I received the activation key and have started using the app. I noticed that the app has issues on my laptop establishing and maintaining connections to both the Internet via wifi and the car via the OBDII dongle at the same time. While programming, I had to disable and reenable wifi to work around the issue.

I played with some Ethernet settings in Windows to no avail. Although I was able to get the features of interest activated, I might experiment by connecting an ethernet cable to a nearby switch and see if that helps address the issue of the tool on my laptop not seemingly be able to use user the wireless interface for internet and one of the ethernet interfaces for the OBDII dongle.

Have any of you experienced this issue and addressed it?

Thanks! 2021 D90 Pangea First Edition

Last edited by ckamps on 15th Nov 2023 9:06pm. Edited 4 times in total
Post #1015037 14th Nov 2023 12:17am
ckamps

United States 
I was able to get ACC and a few other features activated today for my 2021 D90 First Edition using the JLR Engineering Pro (JET-PRO) tool and its built-in scripts.

Thanks to everyone who shared tips in this thread.

I had the emergency braking warning for a while, but after making several additional attempts to follow the tips, that warning was cleared and has not yet resurfaced.

I also performed CCF-based changes based on following the GAP IIDTool sticky thread for the Tow Assist 2, but I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to hook up a trailer and try it out.

Dynamic mode does not yet cause the interior lights and dashboard to turn red. But that’s no big deal for me.

Although the UX of JET-Pro has some challenges, I have no complaints given that it cost $99 for a 72-hour window to use the tool + a $17 OBDII cable referenced below. I probably spent 2 hours going back and forth between this thread and the tool to get ACC and other features programmed.

This solution is by far the least expensive option I’ve seen to get ACC and other popular features enabled.

Once I replace my 10” display with an 11.4” pre-owned unit, I’ll probably pay for another 72-hour session to enable the larger display via CCF.

https://a.co/d/0dDwmGH 2021 D90 Pangea First Edition
Post #1015041 14th Nov 2023 4:05am
ckamps

United States 
Heads up to people who might be experiencing connectivity issues between the JET-Pro app, your Windows laptop, and the OBDII port of your Defender:

The initial OBDII ethernet cable I purchased ended up being the source of connectivity issues. With the original cable, attempts to connect to the Defender via the OBDII port were inconsistent. I had to either jiggle the OBDII adapter and/or disable the WiFi adapter in an attempt to get the OBDII connection to work via Ethernet.

After the folks at autosvs.com, the makers of the JET-Pro tool, looked at my system over TeamViewer and reviewed the state of the ethernet adapter, it was clear that something was wrong with my initial OBDII cable. The ethernet port on my laptop worked fine when connected to our home network.

If you run into connection issues, review the state of your ethernet adapter. If you see a red X or it’s active, but you don’t see in/out data traffic stats, then you might have either a defective or incompatible cable.

I ordered the following cable and confirmed that, with this new cable from a different vendor, connections to the Defender are consistent and reliable. I also noticed, for example, when plugging in this new cable, the physical connection seemed to be more snug than the previous product I had tried.

Here’s the cable that ended up working well for me thus far (I updated my earlier post to include this link as well):

https://a.co/d/0dDwmGH

Dealing with bring your own cable/OBDII adapter + a 3rd party software tool such as JET-Pro is certainly a downside as compared to using an integrated solution such as the GAP IIDTool. But today, with the ability for this combo to activate ACC and it still being relatively inexpensive, I’d take this route again. 2021 D90 Pangea First Edition

Last edited by ckamps on 15th Nov 2023 9:58pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #1015208 15th Nov 2023 6:10pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
There should be a solution from GAP in the near future Thumbs Up

One word of warning, as with the IID tool, I would make sure that your connection to the car is good and it's also recommended that you attach a power source to the car, eg a battery charger that can supply the battery. As the last thing you want when writing the ccf file is to lose connection or the car to shut off due to a low battery. You could end up with a two and a half ton brick Confused Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1015214 15th Nov 2023 6:38pm
norland

That autosvs website is a bit of a confused mess.

If they featured the jetpro software properly, with a well presented website, I think they would get a lot more business...
Post #1015249 15th Nov 2023 9:29pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
It is a bit confusing. It’s the CAR OWNER 1-VIN version $99 you need to buy

Click image to enlarge
 MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1015261 15th Nov 2023 10:10pm
doncarajo

Australia 
Hi. Anyone run this with a mac?
Post #1015385 17th Nov 2023 2:10am
Nicofender

Germany 
Better get a cheap windows laptop with rj45. I know there were some problems in the past with that kind of software on macs. I would recommend not to adapter anything. Just think about a connection issue during uploading CCF changes.
Post #1015389 17th Nov 2023 8:59am
verrilli

United States 
aquascape wrote:
They should have added a temporary login code to your account. Login to your autosvs account and it should be shown there. Copy the code and past it into the box on the jet pro software and click on temporary login. This give you 72hrs access.

I'm not seeing this temp login on my account. What page is it on?
Post #1015472 17th Nov 2023 8:22pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

In your autosvs account under orders section it should say a demo code

Alternatively WhatsApp Gary at autosvs. Number under support on their website MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1015474 17th Nov 2023 8:28pm
verrilli

United States 
Thanks. I don't have that info. Whatsapp is not working for me. Is there another way to contact them? They don't seem to answer email.
Post #1015482 17th Nov 2023 9:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 11 <123 456 ... 91011>