Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Clue about the glue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
San Marco

Germany 
Clue about the glue
Dear community,

I found out, that on various L663 90, there is some glue on the rear side window. On my new car unfortunately it's been spilled on the side panel as well (looks like a scratch, please see pic attached) and also caused some bits of fabric from underneath to be disclosed.
I don't believe, things in sum will get better, if they changed the panel (saw Simon removing it on video - not really a walk in the park). And it won't remove the stuff from the glass as well.

So, I might will have a professional spot paint on the scratch but what's about the window itself? Does anybody have a clue about the glue? What is it and how can it be removed gently?

Thanks in advance for any helpful hint!

Cheers!

Click image to enlarge
Post #1010701 9th Oct 2023 11:51pm
TexasRover

France 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Chawton White
I think maybe you are over thinking it. Few months from now and there will be other imperfections. It's a car you are meant to use it.
Post #1010706 10th Oct 2023 1:43am
lightning

United Kingdom 
I have to admit l also worried about the smallest thing when l got my 90. Now, it has some signs of use. l am no longer worried!

As above it's a car, designed for use. Those glue marks will probably come off with something like WD-40 if you are really concerned. Or you could take it to the dealer and ask them to change the plastic trim. However it will probably come back with more scratches from the dealer pulling it apart !!
Post #1011192 14th Oct 2023 10:57am
San Marco

Germany 
Thanks for your feedback!

Changing the plastic trim never has been an option - there's too much chance for getting it worse.

Luckily we carefully tried cleaning benzine and it did remarkably well. Just the scratch like thing remained, which I'm less worried about for I know a person who professionally restores Classic Cars and paints historic leather. I'm confident, he will solve the remaining part.

All the best
M.
Post #1011200 14th Oct 2023 12:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1