↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Track A Build
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bob5000000

United Kingdom 
Track A Build
So I place and order and wanted to confirm where in the process it is, is there anyway of tracking a build in the factory, I build a 4 series bmw about 10 years ago and I was able to track the build and shipping, all the way to the point where it arrived at the dealer, is there an option for this for Land Rover at all?
Post #1004581 18th Aug 2023 10:20am
Notlostyet

Scotland 
I don’t think there is a way to track order been trying to find a way for my own order
Post #1004584 18th Aug 2023 10:32am
XplusYplusZ

Prepare yourself to become very familiar with your dealership!

The dealers have a high level build tracking system. Which they can pull up and share the status with you.

For 80% of the waiting time, it just sits as 'order accepted' or 'waiting for a build slot to be allocated'.
When (finally!) a build slot/date is confirmed, things move VERY fast (you might not even get a chance to make last minute configuration changes, so use the time before this point to solidify your order - that gets VERY hectic when a new MY is launched, prices change, options dissappear etc!).

Build slots are allocated roughly a month before the build starts, then it takes roughly a month to finish the build, and then 3-4 weeks for delivery depending where you are in the world..
*These are pretty loose timeframes and were based on my MY23.5 delivery in Oct 22.
Post #1004586 18th Aug 2023 10:41am
Notlostyet

Scotland 
My dealer gave me a build date 18sept for delivery 12 oct but said that what I had ordered could not be changed now that was a couple of days ago so not last min changes are available to me but he said that all of what I had ordered was on the build fingers crossed
Post #1004587 18th Aug 2023 10:48am
Bob5000000

United Kingdom 
I’m just curious to see if they change what is available after shutdown, I ordered surround, been told it’s not available, yet my config and build info still says the same. Got a build for 08/09 and delivery of some time in nov. So Was hoping there was a tool somewhere that I could put in my vin and it would tell me what is on the car. I guess not.
Post #1004591 18th Aug 2023 11:13am
lac

Scotland 
“I’m just curious to see if they change what is available after shutdown, I ordered surround, been told it’s not available, yet my config and build info still says the same. Got a build for 08/09 and delivery of some time in nov. So Was hoping there was a tool somewhere that I could put in my vin and it would tell me what is on the car. I guess not.”

Hi Bob5000000,

When I had my VIN, I registered for JLR’s TOPIX. Paid for an hours access and downloaded my build sheet. My car had been built by this time but only just, and the build sheet replicated exactly what was on the car when it was delivered a month later. Maybe some of the other guys n girls on the forum could clarify. The website is https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm. Hope this helps 110 D300 XD HSE, Carpathian, Tow pack. Air Susp pack, cold pack, hud,
Post #1004689 18th Aug 2023 11:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1