England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
3 Weeks old now!!!
aaa

Last edited by Japseroony on 27th Apr 2009 11:29am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1000 2nd Jan 2008 9:46pm
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Hi,,

Welcome to Defender2,, though you may be intrested in the bulletin for LR as below

Date: 15th October, 2007
Bulletin No: LRHUB111

Circulation: Global Marketing, Lead Agencies, Operations, NSCs, Importers, Aftersales, Regional Agencies

Dear Colleague

As part of our commitment to continually improve our product and processes a study has been undertaken on improving the protection of the underside of the vehicle.

The under body waxing was originally applied to Defender to prevent the underbody fixings, the chassis and the underbody panels from corrosion and stone chipping. In 2005, improvements to the chassis frame, fixings and paint process further enhanced the corrosion protection for the chassis area which resulted in only bare metal parts being treated to body waxing which were the most susceptible parts to surface corrosion in transit.

A further improvement to Defender has now been developed which involves the fitting of two under trays to the underside of the vehicle which will provide the floor panels of the seat base with protection from stone chipping. In addition to the fitting of an under tray all Defender chassis will now be subject to the same processes in our paint facility as Discovery and Range Rover Sport.

As underbody waxing is not designed to stay on for the lifetime of the vehicle, the result of these improvements will provide improved quality to the underbody of the vehicle as the fixings and the addition of the under trays means the vehicle can withstand corrosion and stone chippings.

Therefore from mid to late October 2007, we will no longer apply the under body waxing. Once this change has been implemented I will communicate the effective vin number.

Kind regards

xxxxxxx@landrover.com California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #1002 3rd Jan 2008 12:28am
Japseroony

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
aaa

Last edited by Japseroony on 27th Apr 2009 11:31am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1003 3rd Jan 2008 10:09am
Milligan

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Do you mean that you hear more noise from water when on road?

Certainly we still get the odd stone bang in the wheel arch - same as on older CSW... I do think that the new XS has better sound proofing from road and engine noise. I don't think the General Grabbers are as good as the Goodrich All Terrains on the older CSW bit I doubt that would cause any increased road noise - as far as the underneath is concerned mine looked fine - but I think I'll look in more detail now. (Got it early Oct.)

Doors front are better - no leaks with this one, however the one piece rear does leaks if hosed at the top (none from rain) My older CSW came with the old rear door, I complained about the rattles and they just replaced it with the new one piece - no leaks. Now:- 90 XS CSW Java Black
Then:- 90 CSW Oxford Blue
Post #1004 3rd Jan 2008 11:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1