Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
r.illingworth67

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Arles Blue
Alpine Reversing Camera
Hi all

Thank you for the welcome

I have just bought a Land Rover 110 Defender 2.2TD D/C Utility Station Wagon 5 drs. It comes with the alpine system. It has a reversing camera facility but...

When I engage revise it's blank and I can't seem to see a camera. I have a camera that the previous owner left in the back of the van.

Does any please know where it should go on the back of the vehicle and or have any wiring diagrams that may help me understand how to wire it in

I have a spare tyre carrier on the back

Any help great fully received
Post #1001459 23rd Jul 2023 9:27pm
Penfold_6290

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
Hi, if I read your post correctly your unit gives a blank screen when you select reverse? If that's the case then that's good news as the PO has connected a 12v input from the reversing light circuit to tell the head unit to show the camera screen

In terms of wiring the camera in it will need 12v, earth and an appropriate AV cable to transmit the camera image to the head unit. The simplest way of providing 12v and earth is from the reversing light itself, run a short length of 2 core cable from the 12v and earth at the reversing light to wherever you choose to mount the camera. Unless you choose to take 12v and earth from the radio harness when you run the AV cable from camera to head unit. That's up to you.

I mounted my camera above the rear door - rookie mistake, it gets filthy, but then there's not a lot of places on the flat rear surface that don't. I've now developed a habit of wiping my thumb over the lens every time I open the back door.
Post #1001508 24th Jul 2023 11:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1