Home > Puma (Tdci) > Door Cylinder
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Door Cylinder
Morning all

I spotted on Saturday that it appears someone has had a go at my drivers door lock, and now I cant get the key in. Evil or Very Mad

Does anyone know the part number, and can I get a replacement keyed alike to replace the current one retaining the current keys?

Thanks in advance 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #954036 30th May 2022 8:16am
Penfold_6290

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
Sounds like a dealer job, the lock barrels will be available but you'll need to supply the key code and probably relevant ownership details.

The lock barrel part number (item 3) appears to be CWC500200H although that comes up as a barrel and 2 keys, but the dealer will no doubt be able to match to your key code

Click image to enlarge
Post #954150 31st May 2022 12:10pm
The Zee

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Indus Silver
If the Dealer is unable to provide a keyed alike barrel there are options, If it helps, my father was a locksmith, and I learned the odd bit of knowledge:

If you can extract the old cylinder (as shown above) get the new cylinder from JLR and swap what are known as the "leavers" - they are flat pieces of brass or metal that engage with the key to give it the distinctive indvidual pattern; what apper to be the ridges in the diagran on the top of the cylinder

Prep: Put down a piece of A3 plain white paper/card to work on a clean flat surface, have a pen handy, also a fine pair of twezzers, a desk lamp for light, and a magnifying glass or loupe

Carefully with a pair of twezzers remove a single leaver from the new barrel, place on paper and mark it's orginal location ( eg; #1 from back) and swap with one from the old barrel from same location, new leavers extraced may have lubricant, scrape and reapply to the old ones as you go, there may be some small springs : don't loose/drop them! Big Cry (why you need the clean bright flat work surface)sometimes they stay inside with the barrel, sometimes they come with the leaver

If you have done this correctly, with care and the gods of JLR are with you Bow down , then you should have "re-keyed" your new barrel to take the old key - it's difficult to test without reinstalling the barrel and testing. Rolling Eyes, but you can check by inserting the old key into the barrel and check for tightness or fit - all the leavers should lay flat allowing the barrel to rotate: it may need to be wiggled gently, do not force it!

Seen Dad do this for customers a number of times, or rearrange the leavers and cut a new key if the lock was unobtainable/unremovable - sadly he retired a while back and few locksmiths would be willing to do this since it requres skill, time, and paitence. Zaid-M
www.DefencePhotos.com
2014 Defender 110 Utility, 2.2 Puma, Indus Silver
Not just transport more like a religion
Post #954174 31st May 2022 2:17pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Thanks both. Thumbs Up

Just spoken with the local dealers, £80 for the barrel keyed alike from the chassis number, but its payment upfront, V5 and ID, all of which I thought reasonable but JLR are showing no stock, and the dealer will only get a delivery date 48 hours after order at the earliest.

They did offer me an alternative of a full lock set for £130 which is in stock, but becomes 3 times the work to swap over. 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #954176 31st May 2022 2:26pm
Jim_Bean

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
I have this same problem Big Cry

@Rosco - did you get it all fixed? Were you able to extract the barrel from the handle?
Post #1000714 18th Jul 2023 3:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1