↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > ATM Theft Pocklington - Police success!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
trickster5000

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Arles Blue
ATM Theft Pocklington - Police success!
So yet another cashpoint stolen in Pock, 2nd in 2 years and about the 5th or 6th in the area. Same plan each time, stolen telehandler used to ram the walls and drag the machine out, dump it on a pickup and flee. Only this time the police were on the scene in time to intervene! Police car got rammed and somehow the cashpoint fell off the transit and they got off with no cash. Thankfully no one hurt and the JCB can be returned to the owner.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/15675991.T...oundabout/

Click image to enlarge

In all the other attacks they seem to have got away before police arrived so hopefully now they have enough leads to start making arrests but they were probably stolen vehicles as well with no ties to the attackers. Rolling Eyes

I guess reinforced concrete bollards are the best way to try and stop this sort of attack but costs, no where to put them etc makes this difficult. I wonder how much cash is stored in these machines to make it worth their while? Matt.

'89 90 CSW with a 3.5 V8 conversion (WIP) - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic46809.html
Post #666260 22nd Nov 2017 6:02pm
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Well seeing as low life scum will nick a charity tin, I think they'll go to any lengths to get an ATM where there's lots more money. As you say, they steal the vehicles anyway, so it doesn't matter if they get written off, obviously. So the whole job costs them nothing at all. And if they get caught, a lawyer will say they have had a terrible childhood, and now that they have a child of their own, they want to settle down and become a father to little Chardonnay. The magistrate will agree (as there's no room in any of the prisons) and he'll get two years, suspended. He probably won't, but I'm sure you'll know what I mean. If they're female, they won't even get a prison sentence, even if they stab someone. Evil or Very Mad Now left.
Post #666263 22nd Nov 2017 6:19pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Wow puddle. Never thought of that. Here's me going to work everyday, like some kinda sucker.
Post #666293 22nd Nov 2017 7:55pm
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Do you have a little Chardonnay, that your lawyer can show a picture of to the judge? If so, despite all your previous convictions, you too will get the usual slap on the wrist. Kick a 60 year old man's head in - at a taxi rank - 'cause you were looking for someone to beat up - and he died? Well, that's life - here's your 8-year sentence. Don't worry, be good, go to the prison gym, watch your TV provided by the taxpayer, and you'll be out in 5 years. Like you said, you're a sucker, I'm a sucker. Now left.
Post #666442 23rd Nov 2017 2:05pm
excossack

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
From the article - A JCB teleporter ? Is that a more advanced telehandler? 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Econet Station 48 no clock
Post #666446 23rd Nov 2017 2:45pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Anyone who deliberately rams a police car to escape/evade arrest should be charged with attempted murder and on conviction of ramming the police vehicle they should be sentenced to a whole life, life sentence.

Using a vehicle to deliberate ram another vehicle is using an offensive weapon. Yes the air bags inside the police car may deploy and save the occupants from serious injury.

Now if low life scum bag attacks a policeman with a knife (an offensive weapon) to escape arrest and the policeman life is saved by his stab vest, that is attempted murder in my opinion. No different to using a vehicle as an offensive weapon.

Brendan
Post #666450 23rd Nov 2017 3:28pm
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
/\Yep. I'd make ANY assault on a police officer (witnessed or recorded) have a minimum 10-year sentence. Now left.
Post #666451 23rd Nov 2017 3:37pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I am not surprised that they are doing that with ATMs, chances are they are whipping the cash out and weighing the rest in for scrap. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #666740 24th Nov 2017 9:11pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
What puddle? wrote:
Well seeing as low life scum will nick a charity tin, I think they'll go to any lengths to get an ATM where there's lots more money. As you say, they steal the vehicles anyway, so it doesn't matter if they get written off, obviously. So the whole job costs them nothing at all. And if they get caught, a lawyer will say they have had a terrible childhood, and now that they have a child of their own, they want to settle down and become a father to little Chardonnay. The magistrate will agree (as there's no room in any of the prisons) and he'll get two years, suspended. He probably won't, but I'm sure you'll know what I mean. If they're female, they won't even get a prison sentence, even if they stab someone. Evil or Very Mad

sad thing is the police now have very little power now, which is a shame. If the police had more power then I think idiots would soon think twice.
My next doors son, who is a right cocky arse wipe, Set his lip up at the police, when they were dealing with his mate. He ended up in nick but they couldn't get anything in court on him. Laugh was he did have a nice shiny though, where they must have give him a bit of a working over. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #666741 24th Nov 2017 9:17pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Quote:

sad thing is the police now have very little power now, which is a shame. If the police had more power then I think idiots would soon think twice.

What powers did the police lose and when did this happen?

Also what extra powers do you think they need?
Post #666750 24th Nov 2017 9:54pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
my grand parents and even my parents said if you set your lip at a copper, you would have got a clout, off his glove.
That's what my dad told me. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #666755 24th Nov 2017 10:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1