↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Parking sensor kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pcoote

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Parking sensor kit
Just wondering if anyone has fitted a gizmo parking sensor to their pride and joy. Obviously fitting a rear bumper step and waiting for the bump would do the job but I'm thinking of something more like this http://www.chameleondirect.co.uk/index.php...cts_id=319
Post #45008 12th Nov 2010 9:09am
dgardel

Italy 
http://www.parkingsensors.co.uk/adhesive_p...udio_4.asp

No drill, no fear

I have it and it works well Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #45010 12th Nov 2010 9:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leeds

United Kingdom 
One of the first modification Barbara demanded on her 110 Razz was reversing beep beeps.

Have them mounted under the rear corner bumperettes. Copper tube glued screwed to underneath of bumperette. Sounder fitted at roof level rear n/s corner

A few minor problems, continuous note when caravan trailer is attached and you try to reverse, ice can form on sensor giving a continuous note. Also you get false warnings from long grass etc.

HTH

Brendan
Post #45085 12th Nov 2010 7:54pm
dgardel

Italy 
Here my work

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

quite invisible installation....... Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #45092 12th Nov 2010 9:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MK

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Chawton White
Hey Dani

is the "beam" a cone or is it flat?

thanks

MK Puma 110" SW

Earth first. Other planets later
Post #45097 12th Nov 2010 9:51pm
szracer

England 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Are the inner two sensors mounted to custom brackets? If so, where are they bolted to?

And to hijack the thread, a really stupid question (since I am going to be attempting to fit my NAS rear step this weekend):

I understand the power connector for the towing electrics is behind the right hand rear speaker. Where do you run it out to the bumper?

dgardel wrote:
Here my work

quite invisible installation....... Thumbs Up

2010 110 XS USW (the slow one)
1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta SZ (the fast one)
2005 Ducati ST3
1954 Sunbeam S8
Post #45102 12th Nov 2010 10:40pm
dgardel

Italy 
MK wrote:
Hey Dani

is the "beam" a cone or is it flat?

thanks

MK

"elliptical" cone with the major axle parallel to the ground Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #45105 12th Nov 2010 11:58pm
dgardel

Italy 
szracer wrote:
Are the inner two sensors mounted to custom brackets? If so, where are they bolted to?

And to hijack the thread, a really stupid question (since I am going to be attempting to fit my NAS rear step this weekend):

I understand the power connector for the towing electrics is behind the right hand rear speaker. Where do you run it out to the bumper?

Hi James,
I made two small brackets bolted to the two existent small brackets originally welded on the NAS rear step for the trailer connector.

The "towing electrics power connector" is behind the black plastic cover INSIDE the rear right wheel arc/wing, after the fuel pipes.

I taken the +12V and the ground from the rear reverse lamp. This twin cable and the sensor cables (4) pass through a 32mm dia hole (made by me) with appropriate grommet and convoluted tube.

In this area (behind the right hand rear speaker) I put the ECU and the beeper also. Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #45106 13th Nov 2010 12:14am
szracer

England 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Thanks!

Now all I have to do is to work out how to put the NAS rear step together (see my separate post!)

dgardel wrote:
szracer wrote:

Hi James,
I made two small brackets bolted to the two existent small brackets originally welded on the NAS rear step for the trailer connector.

The "towing electrics power connector" is behind the black plastic cover INSIDE the rear right wheel arc/wing, after the fuel pipes.

I taken the +12V and the ground from the rear reverse lamp. This twin cable and the sensor cables (4) pass through a 32mm dia hole (made by me) with appropriate grommet and convoluted tube.

In this area (behind the right hand rear speaker) I put the ECU and the beeper also.

2010 110 XS USW (the slow one)
1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta SZ (the fast one)
2005 Ducati ST3
1954 Sunbeam S8
Post #45109 13th Nov 2010 1:10am
pcoote

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Hey thanks D.

Excellent pics, hooking up to the reverse light so they fire up auto when reversing, nice.

Having a Defender in Venice must be interesting, I couldn't see on your pics but I'm assuming you have a snorkel Wink

I took my TD5 all over Italy, including Sicily, got the 24hr ferry from Genoa. Parking in Palermo was always a worry but never had any problems. In Sicily I came back to my parked up wagon to see these guys standing round my car looking at it, but they just wanted to say 'Bella macchina' to me and shook my hand. The TD5 was stolen last year off my own drive, tsk.
Post #45125 13th Nov 2010 10:59am
dgardel

Italy 
pcoote wrote:
Hey thanks D.

Excellent pics, hooking up to the reverse light so they fire up auto when reversing, nice.

Having a Defender in Venice must be interesting, I couldn't see on your pics but I'm assuming you have a snorkel Wink

I took my TD5 all over Italy, including Sicily, got the 24hr ferry from Genoa. Parking in Palermo was always a worry but never had any problems. In Sicily I came back to my parked up wagon to see these guys standing round my car looking at it, but they just wanted to say 'Bella macchina' to me and shook my hand. The TD5 was stolen last year off my own drive, tsk.

a looooong snorkel.... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #45147 13th Nov 2010 2:46pm
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
I've also fitted these (although I only went with the two sensor version). Works brilliantly. Obviously I get erroneous readings with the sankey attached but otherwise wouldn't be without it when parking in the high street.

It took about 30 mins to fit. One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #45824 20th Nov 2010 12:46am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1