↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > Values
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
jimbob7

Been absolutely inundated with offers Rolling Eyes ....which I have refused,now up for £18k.
Also need to sign an indemnity saying you won't sell it for £30k 6 months afterwards.Remember,snooze,you lose,. Thumbs Up . Pov.spec,ftw. 2006, 110,TD5.
Post #515369 17th Mar 2016 6:02pm
Squirdan

2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Keswick Green
as a comparison for you...I paid £16500 earlier this year for a 55 reg 110 "silver ltd edition" more or less XS spec, 43k miles, FSH etc, nice spec and condition, and Hannibal rack fitted
Post #515439 17th Mar 2016 8:11pm
MGDM4

United Kingdom 
At £16.5K that is a great buy.

Look after it well, and it should hold its value.

It is hard to find a low mileage good condition TD5 these days!
Post #515717 18th Mar 2016 2:04pm
isacs

United Kingdom 
It's when I read about these values I really do contemplate selling up. My 2005 43k 90csw sounds like it's worth some pennies!
Post #515725 18th Mar 2016 2:38pm
Tompoole

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Java Black
I had my td5 90 csw 70k miles patriot rack , ladder, split charge , near new tyres
Very original unmessed 1 previous owner ,great condition forsale not long ago , I wanted £15k I
Had loads of interest and I mean loads but no one ever turned up to view and
No cash thrusts into my hand . Have fun be happy
Post #515731 18th Mar 2016 3:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
isacs

United Kingdom 
A world of dreamers
Post #515735 18th Mar 2016 3:18pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Used Defenders selling above list price, says Glass's
"Some late-plate Defenders are selling in excess of list price as the end of production leaves Land Rover aficionados to seek out the best used examples available, according to Glass’s.

Demand is highest for the XS Station Wagon, fitted with half-leather and air conditioning, with prices in line with Glass’s top condition values and often beating them in closed sales.

Jayson Whittington, manager of commercial vehicle valuations, said that Defenders tended to perform well at auction due to low supply but that there had been a noticeable increase in interest in recent months.

“With production coming to an end in January, there has been an increase in demand driven by both nostalgia and, in many cases, long-term ‘Landie’ enthusiasts simple desire for a new vehicle. In seeking out the best of the last few made, prices are being sustained at a very high level.

“The stock that is sold at open auction is often a mixed bag of ex-utility hard tops and pick-ups, that have often been hard worked and regularly fitted with extra equipment such as winches and roof racks. Although often sold at the first time of asking, rarely do these achieve the strongest prices.”

Jayson urged caution, however, for those who may be thinking of buying a Defender as a potential investment.

“Our view is that, while it is not inconceivable that values could rise a little further in the future, we are many, many years away from any investment of this kind paying worthwhile dividends.

“People who want to buy a Defender should do so for the same reasons as they have been doing for decades – that it is an incredibly well-proven and capable 4×4 that will keep going in the toughest of conditions.”

http://www.tyrepress.com/2016/04/used-land...ys-glasss/
Post #523553 13th Apr 2016 8:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12