↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Defender Celebration Series & Classic Works > My 90 Heritage HT.....cancelled.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
m33ufo

Wales 
Venomator wrote:
m33ufo wrote:
Delivery anticipated October. The shame is that the spec is locked so far ahead of production.

Perhaps Ryan can put pressure on to have this changed in your circumstances and have them allow a bit of flexibility in the factory spec options in your case... Whistle

I have mailed him. Waiting on a reply.

Last edited by m33ufo on 3rd Sep 2015 4:28pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #451831 3rd Sep 2015 3:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
m33ufo

Wales 
doublea wrote:
Land Rover, flexibility... Rog, you know better than most about this subject!

As has been suggested already, phone round the dealers, it has been posted earlier today that there are landmark editions sitting in show rooms.

I'm pretty happy with the XS in comparison to a Landmark. If I could get JLR to let me spec amend the standard Boost wheels and perhaps a couple of other items then that would be even better.

Last edited by m33ufo on 3rd Sep 2015 4:32pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #451839 3rd Sep 2015 4:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
m33ufo

Wales 
m33ufo wrote:
Venomator wrote:
m33ufo wrote:
Delivery anticipated October. The shame is that the spec is locked so far ahead of production.

Perhaps Ryan can put pressure on to have this changed in your circumstances and have them allow a bit of flexibility in the factory spec options in your case... Whistle

I have mailed him. Waiting on a reply.

Unfortunately no flexibility - no changes allowed.

I've sent a final email asking if they can consider just a wheel change?!! I think I can guess the answer Sad
Post #451849 3rd Sep 2015 4:31pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Worth trying the dealer to see if they will change wheels at PDI  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #451850 3rd Sep 2015 4:33pm
m33ufo

Wales 
I was right Mr. Green not even a wheel change.
Post #451851 3rd Sep 2015 4:34pm
m33ufo

Wales 
Martin wrote:
Worth trying the dealer to see if they will change wheels at PDI

Yes, thanks. Definitely worth an ask.
Post #451852 3rd Sep 2015 4:35pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Good luck. As it sounds like their stuff up, rather than the factory's, I would hope they would be accommodating.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #451854 3rd Sep 2015 4:36pm
m33ufo

Wales 
It's hard to imagine that the factory can't accommodate a change of wheel spec a month before build but I can live with it. Was looking at the dual finish, thare a few new (delivery mile) sets on Ebay.
Post #451864 3rd Sep 2015 4:49pm
Vintagepaul

2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
The dual finish wheels work well with the santorini black on my XS HT so should look good on your SW Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
Post #451870 3rd Sep 2015 5:08pm
Flyingfocrs

Scotland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
A similar thing happened to me years ago, placed an order/deposit for a limited edition Focus RS.
4 months of asking for updates on my order and being fobbed off everytime they finally admitted that there had been an admin error and they hadn't actually placed my order.
Needless to say I kicked off, demanded to see the dealer principle and after a heated discussion and many calls they managed to find a cancelled order and diverted it to me.
I'm sure there may be a Heritage out there that the original purchaser has backed out and the dealership is still taking it for the showroom, don't deal with the salesmen, demand to speak to the dealer principle/owner you might have more joy even if it is just to get the wheel upgrade done by the dealership.
Post #451886 3rd Sep 2015 6:04pm
cozz

my dealer is fitting some different wheels (i supplied and took them over) and taking off the supplied boosts

I'll just sell them on

but at least they will fit and torque my other on to save me the bother
Post #451890 3rd Sep 2015 6:13pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Martin wrote:
If any dealer treated me like this I would be telling them what I thought of them and going elsewhere, there is no way they would get any of my hard earned... Shocked  Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #451921 3rd Sep 2015 7:54pm
m33ufo

Wales 
Vintagepaul wrote:
The dual finish wheels work well with the santorini black on my XS HT so should look good on your SW Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Love that. Suits it perfectly.
Post #451971 3rd Sep 2015 9:26pm
m33ufo

Wales 
Flyingfocrs wrote:
A similar thing happened to me years ago, placed an order/deposit for a limited edition Focus RS.
4 months of asking for updates on my order and being fobbed off everytime they finally admitted that there had been an admin error and they hadn't actually placed my order.
Needless to say I kicked off, demanded to see the dealer principle and after a heated discussion and many calls they managed to find a cancelled order and diverted it to me.
I'm sure there may be a Heritage out there that the original purchaser has backed out and the dealership is still taking it for the showroom, don't deal with the salesmen, demand to speak to the dealer principle/owner you might have more joy even if it is just to get the wheel upgrade done by the dealership.

I'm kind of over it. I've psychologically moved on from the Heritage HT to the XS SW and am happy with the move. For pretty much the same financial outlay I'm getting a better specified vehicle and a SW (more practical for me). Admittedly I won't be getting the pretty Grassmere Green paintwork and a few other nice little touches but overall I'm good with it.

I really want to enjoy the experience even though LR don't make it easy Mr. Green
Post #451976 3rd Sep 2015 9:34pm
m33ufo

Wales 
Venomator wrote:
Martin wrote:
If any dealer treated me like this I would be telling them what I thought of them and going elsewhere, there is no way they would get any of my hard earned... Shocked

To be fair, it's JLR who won't let me revise the spec of the wheels on an October build car. I haven't asked the dealer if they can help yet.
Post #451981 3rd Sep 2015 9:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>