↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > The wife’s new Td5 110.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
derbywill

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
The wife’s new Td5 110.
Well the wife has been on for ages about getting a 4.4 TdV8 Range Rover and as lovely as one would be with all that comfort and power a Defender 110 came up and she took a liking to it.
It has been stood for around 3 years and was green and had nettles growing through it.
We didn’t know what to expect when we was told about it but when we arrived it turns out it’s a very well equipped overland 110, and with us wanting to do the NC500 it would be a perfect vehicle to do it in.
After having a chat and thinking for a couple of days she decided she wanted it. So today we went with the trailer. It wasn’t running when we looked at it and hadn’t been started for a long time. So I took the fan off and put a spanner on the crank pulley and it turned over nicely.
I then changed the key fob battery and relearned it using my nanocom and hey presto it started and sounded sweet! We loaded it up and got it back home.

We gave it a good wash and got it on the lift and it appears that a previous owner has spent a fortune on it! It has virtually everything on it, ARB compressor and air lockers a Ashcroft Underdrive (I’m guessing) updated intercooler and full stainless exhaust. Amongst other things.

Apparently it was in a magazine years ago but I’m unsure which one.

So now the project begins to recommission it for the road after standing for so long.

Cheers

Will

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2005 90 XS
1954 86'' Series 1 tilt
Post #967943 16th Oct 2022 9:07pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Brilliant find.......
Post #967951 16th Oct 2022 9:50pm
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Good luck - sounds and looks like you’ve got a great 110 to play with 👍
Post #967961 16th Oct 2022 11:01pm
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
Thumbs Up DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #967965 17th Oct 2022 6:06am
Leamreject

Italy 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Fuji White
The “Discover More” sign in the background, was it pure fluke or your future Question Ride like you stole it!!
If I’m not on a bike it’s because only a 4x4 will do…
2011 2.4 Puma 90 HT
Post #967969 17th Oct 2022 7:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nitram17

Re: The wife’s new Td5 110.
[quote="derbywill"]Well the wife has been on for ages about getting a 4.4 TdV8 Range Rover and as lovely as one would be with all that comfort and power a Defender 110 came up and she took a liking to it.
It has been stood for around 3 years and was green and had nettles growing through it.
We didn’t know what to expect when we was told about it but when we arrived it turns out it’s a very well equipped overland 110, and with us wanting to do the NC500 it would be a perfect vehicle to do it in.
After having a chat and thinking for a couple of days she decided she wanted it. So today we went with the trailer. It wasn’t running when we looked at it and hadn’t been started for a long time. So I took the fan off and put a spanner on the crank pulley and it turned over nicely.
I then changed the key fob battery and relearned it using my nanocom and hey presto it started and sounded sweet! We loaded it up and got it back home.

We gave it a good wash and got it on the lift and it appears that a previous owner has spent a fortune on it! It has virtually everything on it, ARB compressor and air lockers a Ashcroft Underdrive (I’m guessing) updated intercooler and full stainless exhaust. Amongst other things.

Apparently it was in a magazine years ago but I’m unsure which one.

So now the project begins to recommission it for the road after standing for so long.

Cheers

Will

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Thats a defender that somebody loved and took care of very well at one time but sometimes life and death gets in the way of defender ownership....Great find and i hope you do the old girl justice!Does anybody think that the L663 will really inspire such emotions in grown men and women in ten years time?
Post #967986 17th Oct 2022 10:52am
LR Nuts

"Does anybody think that the L663 will really inspire such emotions in grown men and women in ten years time?"

I have never wanted an 'old' Defender. Recently bought a L663 110 and I love it.

I want to keep it for 10yrs, like I did with my Firstedition Discovery 2 Td5.

Thumbs Up
Post #967987 17th Oct 2022 11:06am
nitram17

Fine for you fella !The new defender is a fine car and good luck with your ownership I personally dont think you would find many folk in twenty years time digging out an old 663 from a field and restoring it back to its former glory.I know its controversial but i personally think they should have retired the defender name in 2016 but alas like he old MG marque the Defender name sells cars.
Post #967996 17th Oct 2022 11:45am
X4SKP

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Hello derbywill

Looks to be a great find, well done, looking forward to your updates... Thumbs Up
I've been going where you now find yourselves 'doubling down' with both a 90 and 110

Good luck to you both...

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic83242.html SKIP
https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic83242.html
Post #967997 17th Oct 2022 11:48am
jst

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Yes, that is an underdrive. Had one on my tgv. Cheers

James
110 XS Utility
130 Puma Station wagon/camper (in the making)
90 Puma Hardtop
Post #968092 17th Oct 2022 8:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1