↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Heavy Duty Steel Wheels (Wolf)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 16 <123 ... 141516>
Print this entire topic · 
Interlet

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Alpine White
Actually, a similar deal came up on here (or possibly LRO, can't remember) about 18 months ago, I replied within about 8 minutes of posting, and had already been sold. 1998 110 300Tdi White Hard Top
Post #362054 4th Oct 2014 12:07am
Cuthbert

I'm getting more puzzled by the day as to exactly what you get when you order up a set of Wolf rims (or should it be Wolf-style rims) - the price (inclusive of VAT) seems to range from between £40 each up to £80 each.

So to avoid getting ripped off - Surely someone on the forum knows their onions? What's the real deal and what is 'mutton dressed as lamb'? Apologies foe the mixed metaphors but I'd really appreciate not finding out I've bought a 'pig in a poke'.

4X4 tyres are selling a version for £39.95 incl VAT with a load rating of 1290kg

Paddock are selling a version at £47.40 incl VAT - ANR4583PM - 16x6.5 Wolf Rim - tubeless black primer coated

FirstFour are selling a version at £57.08 incl VAT - This military specification wheel has proven itself over and over and is supplied as Land Rover’s heavy duty option for the Defender. It is used by armed forces and utility companies all around the World and is the strongest steel wheel on the market at 1500kg load rating, supplied black ready to fit in 6.5x16” and 5x165 bolt pattern

John Craddock are selling a version for £60 incl VAT - Limestone Wolf Wheel 6.5X16 Tubeless (ANR4583W)

Simmonites are selling a version at £69 incl VAT - White Heavy Duty Military Spec Wheel

lrparts are selling a version at £60 incl VAT - Part Number: ANR4583SILVER

terrafirma4X4 - no price on website but ANR4583PM listed as 1500kg load rating (so not the same as (4X4 Tyres version). However the Challenger 4X4 website has the Terrafirma version for sale at 47.99 incl VAT in black on special offer. http://shop.challenger4x4.com/terrafirma-4...7955-p.asp This military specification wheel has proven itself over and over and is supplied as Land Rover’s heavy duty option for the Defender. It is used by armed forces and utility companies all around the World and is the strongest steel wheel on the market at 1500kg load rating, supplied black ready to fit in 6.5x16” and 5x165 bolt pattern

McDonalds Land Rover are selling a version at £61.51 incl VAT - Wolf Style Silver Steel Road Wheel [ANR4583SILVE] interestingly listed as "manufactured by Britpart"

Rimmer Bros are selling a version at £70 incl VAT - Wolf Steel Wheel - Welded Tubeless 16 x 6.5 Silver - Britpart ANR4583SILVER - note the word "Britpart"
Post #362235 4th Oct 2014 9:39pm
dorsetsmith

have fun Whistle
Post #362236 4th Oct 2014 9:47pm
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Here in Switzerland Land Rover themselves thru their official dealer network are selling Wolf wheels as an official Land Rover accessory for winter driving (black painted Wolf wheel with Nokian tire). I had some questions too about it, and if it helps you can see in my OP of this thread the marks that are stamped on these Wolf rims. I guess Land Rover themselves are not going to sell cheap copies, so maybe the below helps. Can only say that after 6 winters, my Wolf wheels still look like new.
Eric
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic22360....ter+wheels You never actually own a Defender. You merely look after it for the next generation.
http://youtu.be/yVRlSsJwD0o
https://youtu.be/vmPr3oTHndg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GtzTT9Pdl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqKPz28e6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ49Jce_n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsz_ilQYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8tMHiX9lSw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwjPuHIV7I
https://vimeo.com/201482507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSixqL0iyHw
Post #362265 5th Oct 2014 6:53am
Cuthbert

Thanks Eric - I'm beginning to think this topic could form the basis for a Ph.D research project.

I'm surprised none of the forum sponsors have waded in to demonstrate/share their technical expertise.

I've now found that these 'Wolf' or 'Wolf Style' wheel rims apparently come in at least 3 different load ratings (1290, 1500 & 2250kg), plus the MoD spec? - which some vendors seem very reluctant to mention on their websites. - it's not as simple as comparing apples with apples. So £50 + VAT might get you a 'real deal' bargain or it might be a rather over-priced 'cheapo'?

Bearmach and Britpart seem to pop up on the internet as key players but as purveyors of exactly what?
Post #362503 5th Oct 2014 11:54pm
Grouse

Don't know what all the fuss is about, it's quite simple if you are that concerned either buy Genuine LR from a main agent, if those are out of budget by new take offs, and if those are out of budget buy ex MOD - pretty simple - it's exactly the same with any car parts - there will always be non genuine pattern parts for sale Thumbs Up
Post #362524 6th Oct 2014 8:25am
JenDef90

Germany 
Hi, I have a complete set of brand new HDs with new Wrangler Goodyear MT/Rs available, in case you interested. The only little problem might be, that they are in Germany...
EDITED: SOLD

Last edited by JenDef90 on 10th Oct 2014 7:52pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #362534 6th Oct 2014 9:05am
Cuthbert

Grouse wrote:
Don't know what all the fuss is about, it's quite simple if you are that concerned either buy Genuine LR from a main agent, if those are out of budget by new take offs, and if those are out of budget buy ex MOD - pretty simple - it's exactly the same with any car parts - there will always be non genuine pattern parts for sale Thumbs Up

Budget isn't the issue - it's technical specification and value for money that I'm specifically interested in.

To date there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm on the forum for 'Wolf' wheels, but so far no-one seems to be an expert on which ones are 'lightweight copies', genuine heavy duty, the real deal, quality pattern copies or even genuine facsimiles?

With regard to genuine Land Rover HD's from the local Dealer - I was surprised to learn these come in undercoat - so another few quid to get them painted!
Post #362751 6th Oct 2014 10:15pm
Cuthbert

JenDef90 wrote:
Hi, I have a complete set of brand new HDs with new Wrangler Goodyear MT/Rs available, in case you interested. The only little problem might be, that they are in Germany... anyway, if interested, PM me...

Click image to enlarge

Thanks for the kind offer - if you lived just along the road I'd be round in a flash. I'm sure someone else might be very interested.
Post #362752 6th Oct 2014 10:17pm
Cuthbert

Still no wheel gurus popping in to tell us about Wolf wheels and share their technical expertise?

Which are the ones made from thin gauge steel and likely to dent crossing the carpark at ASDA, which are the quality ones, which are the best value places to buy?
Post #363618 10th Oct 2014 6:09pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
I would have thought, the ones with the LR part number and the Dunlop symbol stamped into them, would be the genyouwhine ones.

FWIW Simmonites are always expensive, for everything. doesn't surprise me that they're £9 more than the most expensive supplier!
Post #363623 10th Oct 2014 6:59pm
Cuthbert

I noted that Simmonites website contains minimal technical spec about their "WHITE WOLF RIM Heavy Duty Military Spec Wheel £57.50 + £11.50 VAT Each"

Zero reference to what load rating (kg) applies.
Post #363700 10th Oct 2014 11:20pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Cuthbert wrote:
This military specification wheel has proven itself over and over and is supplied as Land Rover’s heavy duty option for the Defender. It is used by armed forces and utility companies all around the World and is the strongest steel wheel on the market at 1500kg load rating, supplied black ready to fit in 6.5x16” and 5x165 bolt pattern

At a glance and taking into consideration the excellent products and service I have received from this provider IF I was in the market for Wolf Wheels (which I am not!) this is where I would 'hedge my bets!'

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #363711 11th Oct 2014 1:30am
Cuthbert

As my learning journey continues - trade sources now reveal even more confusion. Terrafirma, Britpart and Bearmach appear to be supplying the retailers but caution is needed when looking at the prices.

Dunlop branded steel wheels appear to be museum pieces.

The lowest load rating appears to be 1080 kg, then we jump up to 1290 kg, then 1400 kg and then there's a 1500 kg version (which I suspect might be the 1400 kg version 'rounded up' by a sales person).

All these 'Wolf' wheels look identical in website photographs - but the prices vary considerably.

So if any forum members are in contact with retailers or other trade sources it would be helpful if you could supply definitive info on these wheel rims. Might stop some other forum members having a bad buying experience?
Post #363820 11th Oct 2014 7:01pm
charliebaja

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Zermatt Silver
I have 4 Wolf rims for sale if wanted, still in the green colour and have valves fitted, Tubeless. I would like £100 for them +p&p

Click image to enlarge
Post #363860 11th Oct 2014 11:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 16 <123 ... 141516>