Print this entire topic · 
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Any Questions
Hi All,

Hope everyone is well?

I was just wondering if anyone had any outstanding concerns, questions, or anything really they would like me to look into. Please feel free at any time to PM me or point me in the direction of a thread and I will be more then happy to assist where possible.

Also we are always looking for your feedback on my assistance on the forum as this is a new venture for JLR we would like to get your thoughts. So as we move forward can I request (this is completely up to the individual) that you provide me with your full name and email/postal address so we can send you out a feedback form so the company can see how well/not so well we are all doing. Do not worry you can fill these out confidentially if you wish Laughing . It's just a way for the company to measure what/how I am doing. Also within the form you get a chance to add comments about your vehicle, dealership and general feedback.

As always any issues just let me know.

Many Thanks

Mike
Post #304992 4th Feb 2014 12:14pm
RockJaw

United States 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Santorini Black
Thanks for going to the trouble mike.

Thumbs Up ****CENSORED****
Post #305032 4th Feb 2014 2:48pm
jeeves

United Kingdom 
Pm sent from me for feedback for your recent help Thumbs Up
Post #305209 5th Feb 2014 12:19am
canterkid

Hi mike , somebody told me that their is a recall for 2.2 defenders regarding the oil filter or something along these lines. Have only been told by a mate ,can you please confirm if this is correct and exactly what the recall involves, many thanks.
Post #307604 12th Feb 2014 9:36pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Hello Mike.
Mate, I'm 12,000 miles away, & you even do a good job for me!! How good is that?
You're doing a great job.
I have a question for you though.
Various owners on the Forum have been through the factory & seen some of the Defender build process, but some of us can't get there, & even if we could, we couldn't "take" the experience with us.
So, I was wondering could a DVD be produced, going from the first stage, whatever it is,..making the chassis bits, pressing the panels, making/fitting the roof, assembling/fitting the engine, making/fitting the trim, water ingression tests, etc etc etc. With Defender production ceasing, I reckon this would be a great bit of "memorabillia' to have. Ya'd easily fill up an hour or so, with this sort of stuff, production line staff interviews etc etc, I'd love something like that.
Defender production line is, from what I've heard, unique, and as it's about to disappear, it's like will probably never be seen again.
Thanks, Pickles. (Martin)
Post #307616 12th Feb 2014 9:50pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi canterkid,

I have just had a quick look through model year 09 to 14 and can not see anything about oil filter re calls. Do you have a specific VIN you would like me to check?

Many Thanks

Mike

canterkid wrote:
Hi mike , somebody told me that their is a recall for 2.2 defenders regarding the oil filter or something along these lines. Have only been told by a mate ,can you please confirm if this is correct and exactly what the recall involves, many thanks.
Post #307693 13th Feb 2014 9:43am
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi Martin,

I think this is a great idea!

Let me see if this is something we already have available or something the company would look into doing.

I will be in touch.

Mike

Pickles wrote:
Hello Mike.
Mate, I'm 12,000 miles away, & you even do a good job for me!! How good is that?
You're doing a great job.
I have a question for you though.
Various owners on the Forum have been through the factory & seen some of the Defender build process, but some of us can't get there, & even if we could, we couldn't "take" the experience with us.
So, I was wondering could a DVD be produced, going from the first stage, whatever it is,..making the chassis bits, pressing the panels, making/fitting the roof, assembling/fitting the engine, making/fitting the trim, water ingression tests, etc etc etc. With Defender production ceasing, I reckon this would be a great bit of "memorabillia' to have. Ya'd easily fill up an hour or so, with this sort of stuff, production line staff interviews etc etc, I'd love something like that.
Defender production line is, from what I've heard, unique, and as it's about to disappear, it's like will probably never be seen again.
Thanks, Pickles. (Martin)
Post #307694 13th Feb 2014 9:44am
simonpuma90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
cracking Idea Thumbs Up
Post #307703 13th Feb 2014 10:37am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
david mitchell

Ireland 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Yes great idea Bow down defender production dvd
Post #307707 13th Feb 2014 10:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lou Sparts

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Put me down for a copy too Thumbs Up 2005 Td5 90 XS

Steve
Post #307710 13th Feb 2014 10:56am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Mike,

Please, please assist Caterham in his current woes and give us all some well-earnt respite. Amen. Bow down

Tried 'Him Upstairs' maybe the 'God of Land Rover' can answer my prayer. Laughing

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic25641-30.html If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #307711 13th Feb 2014 10:56am
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Haha no worries K9F, I have left a post on the thread
Post #307734 13th Feb 2014 12:37pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi All,

Apparently we do not currently have a DVD on the Defender production. I have put this forward as an idea for the future.

I have been given a link for the following item, I don't know if this is of any interest to anyone:
http://www.teeafit.co.uk/arthurgoddard/index.htm

Many Thanks

Mike
Post #307789 13th Feb 2014 5:25pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Mike, I have that DVD "Stop Gap",...it is absolutely BRILLIANT, it's the best bit of LandRover "History" that I have.
I've also spoken to Graeme Aldous, the "maker" of this DVD about my idea,..maybe you & He, & Roger Crathorne should get together?!
Regards, Martin.
Post #307856 13th Feb 2014 8:52pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
mike, probably a 'no', but is there anywhere where we can submit our views on the replacement for the defender? Essential features etc? Im excited personally but i know some are very concerned!

just hope over anything I can randomly take it apart 'to see whats there' and to allow the vast range of tweaks/upgrades/aftermarket mods/changes/customisations etc

In reality i think its less important that the engine can be rebuilt by hand (who actually does that anymore) or a diff changed than radios, lights, CBs, seats, Battery setups, mats, carpets, steering wheels etc can be changed or accessed as necessary to build your own vehicle as many enjoy doing. Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #307906 13th Feb 2014 10:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>