↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > 2.2 flat spots
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Just come back from the dealer and it needs a new sensor.

Apparently they have seen quite a few with the same problem and once the sensor has come out it will continue to do so unless replaced - probably damages the threads on the sensor itself.

Bob 2015 Jaguar XE240 R Sport - goes like ....... !!
2013 Defender 90 CSW - sold
2009 Defender 110 Double Cab - sold
2001 TD5 90 CSW - offroad project - sold to a forum member
2011 Porsche Boxster - for the sunny days !
Post #345971 18th Jul 2014 8:45am
guy.cashmore

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Tamar Blue
Got my vehicle back Friday after 3 days at the dealer - surprise surprise they say they can't find the missfire fault - I even got the classic line 'they all do that sir'!

They also failed to fix the gearbox fault (weak 5th gear syncro), but that's another story..

Pete - mine missfires when you don't fully release the throttle and then press for a little more - typically in low speed moving traffic situations.

However, I have to add, since getting it back it hasn't missfired on me either!

Not sure what to do now, guess I'll just have to wait until it gets worse, or LR issues a software update? 5 Land Rovers and a Corsa!
Post #348016 28th Jul 2014 12:44pm
aus10RRW

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
LittleFoot wrote:
Aus10RRW

Can you let us know what your dealer finds/says?

Thumbs Up

I'm working abroad just now, but my 110 is going into the dealers when I get back for another unrelated issue.
But the dealer is Peter Vardy Aberdeen so Im not holding out much hope in getting any kind of response from them on the flat spot issue!!

I suspect the 110 will go in with 2 faults and come out 4 more extra faults, and the original 2 faults will still be there! Big Cry Big Cry
Post #352135 17th Aug 2014 4:14pm
LittleFoot

United Kingdom 
Very interesting to read the ongoing thread... My 110 has been getting worse, and although BAS is right about the rpm trigger it's not full throttle off, more like a trailing throttle after committed throttle...definitely getting worse and in fact today figured it's most gears at 1800 (3-4th equals 28-32 mph approx).
In next week for checks, and wondering if there's a tiny hole in the hoses that opens under/off load? 2nd year running noticed a very pronounced change in induction roar on the French peages....summer so hot and hundreds of mile runs...
Post #355026 1st Sep 2014 10:20pm
LittleFoot

United Kingdom 
Little Update:
Dealer found Airlow meter fault stored, and several loose bolts on inlet manifold. Vehicle failed Dynamic Air Path test on idle and after investigation a leak was found at the inlet manifold.

So far misfire seems to be fixed?
Post #356201 7th Sep 2014 8:11am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Bob,

Same time as your two links in your first post this thread was doing the rounds as well regarding the 'rev hang.'

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic20992.html?highlight=hang

Was the basic 'rev hang' issues not ironed out in the 2.2 remap? The individual I referred to in my first post on the thread unfortunately died. One of his sons inherited the truck and it still suffers with it today and he is now wanting a resolution to the same issue. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #356203 7th Sep 2014 8:29am
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Hi Mal

My 2.2 is being mapped by Pete in two weeks time.

Apparently the map will not solve/remove the rev hang according to Pete - I am sure he will be along to correct me if this is not the case ! I am sure in one of his PM's he said removing the rev hang causes too much drive train jerkiness so he does not do it.

I will report back once mine had been mapped Thumbs Up

Bob 2015 Jaguar XE240 R Sport - goes like ....... !!
2013 Defender 90 CSW - sold
2009 Defender 110 Double Cab - sold
2001 TD5 90 CSW - offroad project - sold to a forum member
2011 Porsche Boxster - for the sunny days !
Post #356243 7th Sep 2014 12:04pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Thanks Bob. Shame if it couldn't be ironed out once and for all. Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #356248 7th Sep 2014 12:45pm
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Hi

The "rev hang" is not currently addressed in the remap though at some point once ive finished on a few very large projects im working on ill try and improve it a little. Withit totally removed it could have an adverse effect on drivetrain shunt on gear change so id prefer not to go this route if it were possibile and just spend more time on improving it so it has a less of a hang effect.

Pete
Post #356721 9th Sep 2014 11:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
guy.cashmore

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Tamar Blue
My nine month old vehicle has now been back to the supplying dealer 3 times for this misfire problem, but they say they say can't fix it.

The misfire occurs during a very light throttle situation, usually in low speed traffic, usually immediately after I squeeze the throttle asking for a touch more power. The engine power cuts completely for about half a second and then cuts back in with a (transmission) bang.

Having driven the vehicle for about 6 months with this fault, I have noticed that it is far more likely to misfire if I have not fully taken my left foot off the clutch pedal. It will just occasionally misfire with foot totally off the clutch, but it is very rare.

For this reason, I now think this fault possibly relates to the clutch pedal sensor.

Can anyone shed any light on this? 5 Land Rovers and a Corsa!
Post #358942 19th Sep 2014 5:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345