↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > What Did You Do In Your Defender Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1364 of 1370 <123 ... 136313641365 ... 136813691370>
Print this entire topic · 
excossack

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
A quick drive around the block and the steering feels much better after replacing the steering damper bushes and tightening up the drop arm nut. The test will be tomorrows trip down the A roads to Schifnal. 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Econet Station 48 no clock
Post #1028267 16th Mar 2024 1:25pm
Fatbaron

United Kingdom 
Crazy busy with work but found a bit of time to get Big Red ready for the MOT re-test and treated her to the Gwyn Lewis' Mega DC prop. What with the track rod failing I've also got hold of the HD Sumo bar set-up to fit now Whistle , just waiting for Gwyns Drop Arm conversion kit to turn up so I can do it all in one go... hopefully!
I also fit the roof rack and ladder that I bought from Bill on the forum (cheers Bill!), it'll have to come off again though so I can fit the new seals everywhere and, I reckon, paint the roof black.
Post #1028409 18th Mar 2024 6:48am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Good ol Miffy... https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic53859-855.html

Click image to enlarge
Post #1028436 18th Mar 2024 10:34am
Fatbaron

United Kingdom 
Nice one Geobloke! Thumbs Up
Post #1028441 18th Mar 2024 10:50am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Yeah chuffed to bits Thumbs Up She's a stalwart ol girl... Just keep giving her a drink or two and she plods on come rain come shine come the legions of pot holes that plague the Kings highways Thumbs Up
Post #1028443 18th Mar 2024 11:20am
custom90

United Kingdom 
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #1028501 18th Mar 2024 5:08pm
L110CDL

England 
Good news with the mot pass Geo Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1028563 18th Mar 2024 10:31pm
L110CDL

England 
Fatbaron wrote:
Crazy busy with work but found a bit of time to get Big Red ready for the MOT re-test and treated her to the Gwyn Lewis' Mega DC prop. What with the track rod failing I've also got hold of the HD Sumo bar set-up to fit now Whistle , just waiting for Gwyns Drop Arm conversion kit to turn up so I can do it all in one go... hopefully!
I also fit the roof rack and ladder that I bought from Bill on the forum (cheers Bill!), it'll have to come off again though so I can fit the new seals everywhere and, I reckon, paint the roof black.

It will be great when it's all done Fatbaron Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1028565 18th Mar 2024 10:33pm
Fatbaron

United Kingdom 
Cheers Clay, reckon I'll be under it all day Sunday if the weather holds off!
Post #1028582 19th Mar 2024 5:36am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
L110CDL wrote:
Good news with the mot pass Geo Thumbs Up

Yes still grinning this morning. Dropped the wife off at vet school this morning in Miffy and she said... God I love Miffy, we are never selling her Rolling with laughter

One wouldn't want to displease ones wife would one now?? Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter
Post #1028601 19th Mar 2024 9:33am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Fatbaron wrote:

Love Gwyns gear. Dropped in on him a month or so ago and he loves a good natter. Going to miss living down the road from his den of goodies Rolling Eyes

Always been tempted by the DC front prop, but just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the cost. Let us know what you think when you are up and running again.
Post #1028602 19th Mar 2024 9:35am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
geobloke wrote:
... Always been tempted by the DC front prop, but just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the cost. Let us know what you think when you are up and running again. ...

I love mine, it's a wonderful thing. Mind you I didn't love it so much when I had to change a UJ recently, the joints are so large that there is very little space in relatively tight yokes that it was an absolute beast to change. By far the most troublesome UJ I have ever changed.

I also noticed when removing the prop that on full droop of the front axle it will foul the Entreq undershield, which the standard prop does not do. It will be easy enough to enlarge the clearance cut-out and it hasn't actually been an issue in the years I have had the prop fitted, but I am not sure how I failed to notice this when I fitted the prop! Incidentally having the Entreq guard fitted adds a whole new dimension of joy to removing the propshaft since it has to come out over the front axle.

(Photo below borrowed from Entreq, who no longer seem to make this outstanding product Big Cry )

Click image to enlarge
Post #1028615 19th Mar 2024 10:53am
AlexCW

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Galway Green
Had a new transfer box fitted by Ian @ IRB Developments.

Very knowledgeable and very happy. Whilst the transfer box was out, also had the following changed:
- Clutch
- Master Cylinder
- IRB HD Output Shaft
- Stage 1 Remap

Whilst there, Ian managed to also change the overflow pipe on the fuel tank as that had split, meaning I couldn't fill the tank, and installed his trailer electrics mounting plate, so that they're now neatly installed in the crossmember.

Transfer box was supplied by Winchester Gears, which is the Stage 2, including the ATB limited slip diff. So far, with the new clutch, master cylinder and remap, it's a massive improvement to drive over what it was and can't recommend Ian enough.

All installed in time for a fresh MOT and a pass with no advisories makes me good for another year.

My dad is now booked in to have his clutch and a few other bits done with Ian too.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Alex

2013 2.2 TDCi Puma Hard Top

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic72473.html
Post #1028632 19th Mar 2024 1:47pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
blackwolf wrote:
geobloke wrote:
... Always been tempted by the DC front prop, but just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the cost. Let us know what you think when you are up and running again. ...

I love mine, it's a wonderful thing. Mind you I didn't love it so much when I had to change a UJ recently, the joints are so large that there is very little space in relatively tight yokes that it was an absolute beast to change. By far the most troublesome UJ I have ever changed.

I also noticed when removing the prop that on full droop of the front axle it will foul the Entreq undershield, which the standard prop does not do. It will be easy enough to enlarge the clearance cut-out and it hasn't actually been an issue in the years I have had the prop fitted, but I am not sure how I failed to notice this when I fitted the prop! Incidentally having the Entreq guard fitted adds a whole new dimension of joy to removing the propshaft since it has to come out over the front axle.

(Photo below borrowed from Entreq, who no longer seem to make this outstanding product Big Cry )

Click image to enlarge

Has that Defender EVER been out of the garage Blackwolf? Shocked Shocked So cllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaannnnnnnnn Rolling with laughter

I felt I had to apologise to the MOT tester for the mud under Miffy yesterday, it is impossible to keep her clean at the moment.

Love the Entreq guard though, really like it Thumbs Up So, what difference did you notice with the DC prop?
Post #1028638 19th Mar 2024 2:41pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
AlexCW wrote:
Had a new transfer box fitted by Ian @ IRB Developments.

Very knowledgeable and very happy. Whilst the transfer box was out, also had the following changed:
- Clutch
- Master Cylinder
- IRB HD Output Shaft
- Stage 1 Remap

Whilst there, Ian managed to also change the overflow pipe on the fuel tank as that had split, meaning I couldn't fill the tank, and installed his trailer electrics mounting plate, so that they're now neatly installed in the crossmember.

Transfer box was supplied by Winchester Gears, which is the Stage 2, including the ATB limited slip diff. So far, with the new clutch, master cylinder and remap, it's a massive improvement to drive over what it was and can't recommend Ian enough.

All installed in time for a fresh MOT and a pass with no advisories makes me good for another year.

My dad is now booked in to have his clutch and a few other bits done with Ian too.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Lovely Thumbs Up Let us know what you think of the LT230 ATB Thumbs Up
Post #1028639 19th Mar 2024 2:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1364 of 1370 <123 ... 136313641365 ... 136813691370>