↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Future Technology Survey: You, Your Car and Your Technology
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
CR wrote:
The answer from everyone should be a big yes

Why? 
Post #224159 2nd Apr 2013 6:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pam W

England 1998 Defender 90 Td5 SW Auto Oslo Blue
I want mobile Internet, which I get via iPhone and/or iPad. It my choice of network, my choice of fees. Likewise my phone or ipad provides everything i want - all i need is e ability to plug into the cars audio (and video if fitted) and that it all done. Why complicate things further ? To have it fixed in the car seems to be a bit of a duplication without the advantages of sticking it in your pocket and going into the shop/office/country walk/ etc

Unless Land Rover are offering to provide the internet subscription free, over every network, for life of vehicle, every owner, then maybe it would be a fab idea Whistle Wink Our blog - http://landytravels.com/

Yorkshire Off Road Club - http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net
Post #224163 2nd Apr 2013 6:28pm
Eduardo

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Humm

Probably will be better to use the car as a "device", that means that your LR can get in touch with your smartphone or tablet/computer or your preferred system to provide some valuable information for the user that can be seen or stored in the smarthphone/laptop/computer like for example Why the MIL ligth is on?, and other parameters that can be useful to record like distances traveled, MPG, engine temperature etc. or other more specific like CO2 produced, fuel mixture, etc (all that ODBII can provide)

Maybe you can control some features of your car using the smartphone (ON/OFF the car, air conditioning, ) and the car can receive some important info like for example expected kind of road ahead or whatever can be interesting.

Also the smarthphone/laptop/tablet can collect and/or send to JLR some information that can be valuable for example for those problems that are not easy to replicate in a workshop. (like the one that some of us have with the loss of power at high exterior temp)

Just a though

Cheers Eduardo

MY 2007 110 SW PUMA 2.4: Big Fog of 64'
MY 1994 Jayco 1207 Folding camper: "El Tremendo"

Click image to enlarge
Post #224212 2nd Apr 2013 9:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345