↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Future Technology Survey: You, Your Car and Your Technology
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
MrFlips

Wales 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Santorini Black
Done! Looks like Land Rover could soon be in the market for some double DIN fascias!

willy eckerslike wrote:
"Devices" ............. a town in Wiltshire

Did make me laugh! Very Happy Peter
2008 SWB Truck Cab
1952 80" Soft top
Post #223027 28th Mar 2013 10:24pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
MrFlips wrote:
Done! Looks like Land Rover could soon be in the market for some double DIN fascias!

Some Defenders already have them fitted

Click image to enlarge

ONLY thing was that we did not have to fill out an irrelevant questionnaire to get it.

GET the ENGINEERING department to solve their existing problems

Brendan

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #223030 28th Mar 2013 10:32pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Completed. I bet some of you of the "older generation" struggled with some of that. I did too! What the hell is MHL? Shocked Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #223034 28th Mar 2013 10:45pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
I am an old gimmer, some might say a grumpy old glimmer.

Also a technophobe!

MHL????

MHL = Mobile_High-Definition is an industry standard for a mobile audio/ video interface that allows consumers to connect mobile phones, tablets etc.

Brendan
Post #223038 28th Mar 2013 10:54pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Ah, See you knew it and I didn't. Thumbs Up One thing well a couple of things that annoy me with tech in general now. Is consistent and stupidly regular updates. That along with new versions of technology every few months wich often costs a fortune so I don't waste my money on it. Also on-line where everything has to have some kind of link between sites or synced between Google and microsoft passport and goodness knows what. Just see the effort and faff involved if you want to comment on a Youtube video if you don't have an account. needless to say I don't bother! And book face and tw Rolling Eyes tter don't even get me started on that subject. If your of the more later generation and considering it as signing up I wouldn't waste your time and life on it believe me. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #223042 28th Mar 2013 11:02pm
rustyboxx

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Montalcino Red
All done. Although the concept isn't really that new. I had internet, multimedia, satnav, OBD, cameras, wifi, mobile phone integration and multiple touchscreens running on a car-pc in my landy 10 years ago.
Post #223047 28th Mar 2013 11:08pm
f15hie

England 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
Who is kelly@landrover?

Could it be a student who is just getting you to complete his course work for him as the survey was a customer based questionaire for statistics and doesnt seem to have a point or direction other than checking age and whether you are computer/IT literate Very Happy

Just my two penneth worth and am willing to be proved wrong! Whistle
Post #223049 28th Mar 2013 11:11pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
f15hie wrote:

Just my two penneth worth and am willing to be proved wrong! Whistle

I think Martin has the nouse to not allow that and to weed out the wheat from the chaff there. Whistle Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #223051 28th Mar 2013 11:13pm
Green Machine

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Tonga Green
Fi5hie - I think most students could probably do a better job of putting a survey together than that. And I don't think there is much that you could use for statistical analysis as a result of those questions. I understand the principle of what they are trying to do, but I just think it's been very poorly implemented. The problem with this sort of thing is that when somebody wants to do some genuine research for something that actually matters, people have been alienated from the whole idea of completing questionnaire surveys because of continuously being asked to take part in this sort of stuff. 2005 Td5 | 90 Station Wagon | Tonga Green
Post #223056 28th Mar 2013 11:21pm
f15hie

England 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
As stated willing to be proved wrong

but happened quite a lot on carp fishing forums active for a few weeks whilst asking questions and gathering statistics then never heard from again Thumbs Up
Post #223059 28th Mar 2013 11:24pm
Lou Sparts

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Done
Nearly quit half way through but if us luddites dont voice our opinion then we won,t get what we want out of a future vehicle. 2005 Td5 90 XS

Steve
Post #223073 29th Mar 2013 12:10am
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
Seems they don't want to know about the future of the Land Rover, just what gizmos to put inside it.
I didn't fill it out either. 
Post #223081 29th Mar 2013 12:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I agree with Brendan,

With all the heritage, repetetive warranty issues and numerous forums to glean the relevant troubles. strife, woes and wishes of Defender owners why ask for a survey compilation at all?

Please excuse my cynisism but will the completion change............

I think not! Land Rover should be all over quality issues like a rash not ponsing about asking for opinions and surveys.

The time would be better spent contemplating fluff extraction from your navel with a set of tweezers.

Got it! Rolling with laughter

If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #223084 29th Mar 2013 12:29am
custom90

United Kingdom 
I don't know why they need to know what sort of electronics people want anyway... If they gave a contract to a premium brand then they would do the rest. The colt car company (Mitsubishi) use Kenwood as their supplier and manufacturer and works out perfect in my opinion. There's obviously other Electronics names and vehicle marques that use different of course. Either way if that is the route they are interested in I think it should be an option pack and not standardised as there will always be people that will want just a Defender for works purposes and absolutely nothing else so they wouldn't want or need anything at all. And a very silly move to have made indeed is to remove the ISO connection to the rear of the Head Unti to a specific type. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #223086 29th Mar 2013 12:34am
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Having looked at an Evoke the lux pack seems to have everything included in it already. not sure why you need an 825w radio .. maybe it's just willy waggling.. standard +300w is fine... still deliberating on the purchase

TBH .. i don't need any more distractions when driving the defender, i need to concentrate on keeping it on the road
Post #223101 29th Mar 2013 8:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>