↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Tdi > Millers vs 2SO
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Nickwill

2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Millers vs 2SO
Hi, I have read many of the posts on adding 2 Stroke Oil to diesel but havn't found a thread on whether anyone that has tried both thinks that 2SO is better than Millers Eco Max or Vis-versa in a Puma?
I don't want to fuel Rolling Eyes the debate on using 2SO but am just interested in how they compare to each other from those of you out there that have tried both.
If this has been discussed before could someone give me a linkey please as I can't find one.

Ta
Post #190227 2nd Dec 2012 9:17am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
If you put 'Millers' into the search facility and myself as the author it comes up with 8 threads. I have used both Millers and 2SO on the odd occasion when Millers hasn't been available and/or I've run out. The only discernable difference in my opinion is that with 2SO the engine runs a little quieter on tickover.
This is just an opinion but I personally think Millers is better as it is 'manufactured for purpose' and I have used it for nearly four years without any adverse engine symptoms. Boils down to personal choice I think. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #190232 2nd Dec 2012 10:01am
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
Ive used both for extended periods previously in a 2.0 TDCI mondeo 130 BHP 2003 Model

my feelings are the Millers makes the engine feel stronger and more revvy which you might expect as it says it increases the cetane value of the fuel, I found myself thrashing it everywhere as a result , with regards to the 2SO I feel it makes the engine feels smoother and quieter but it could all of course be the placebo effect,

Id say try them both independently for a couple of months and then decide for yourself, I certainly cant express any negative effects of using high quality 2SO as Ive used it in low doses in every petrol and diesel engine Ive had for the past 30 years and never seen a failure around pistons valves, bearings or fuel systems DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #190239 2nd Dec 2012 10:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1