↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > My new Sankey trailer build
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 10 <12345678910
Print this entire topic · 
Welkman

United Kingdom 
Really enjoyed this thread. Have my sankey to start work on in the summer. Just need to find someone willing to help me learn to weld.

I was wondering if it would be possible to build a structure which could be removed and replaced with the widetrack tub so the trailer is still functional as a utility?
Post #468230 1st Nov 2015 12:32am
RLD

United Kingdom 
cannot see why not should be easy the locating rings could come out and fix the body one then tack it of for the tub can remove my body of mine but no tub to put on Thumbs Up RLD fabricator of Hidden Winch Mount for D3/4 roof racks jerry can holders CB aerial mounts and much more and agent for Helsport Tents and gear
Post #468253 1st Nov 2015 9:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Welkman

United Kingdom 
ah brilliant. Did you mig your trailer with a spool gun or tig? I only have mig and wanted to know how hard spray transfer is to get to grips with?

Thanks

James
Post #468324 1st Nov 2015 4:44pm
RLD

United Kingdom 
Hi i have a large Miler mig my miler dose all sorts of welding spray as well but the ally i used is 5 mm thick spray is easy to do my set it as a computer set up with different programs in it but just tend to use just one and set it with the wire feed which sets the amps as well . RLD fabricator of Hidden Winch Mount for D3/4 roof racks jerry can holders CB aerial mounts and much more and agent for Helsport Tents and gear
Post #468339 1st Nov 2015 5:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RLD

United Kingdom 
just trying out the new OZ tent set up
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 RLD fabricator of Hidden Winch Mount for D3/4 roof racks jerry can holders CB aerial mounts and much more and agent for Helsport Tents and gear
Post #519982 1st Apr 2016 3:06pm
RLD

United Kingdom 
My first night up at Kilchoan camped there small camp site nice morning to wake up to then went to look at a job at Ardnamuchan distillery then on up to Lochelg
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 RLD fabricator of Hidden Winch Mount for D3/4 roof racks jerry can holders CB aerial mounts and much more and agent for Helsport Tents and gear
Post #520486 3rd Apr 2016 11:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 10 <12345678910