↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Glamis Castle 47th Motoring Extravaganza & L663
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Glamis Castle 47th Motoring Extravaganza & L663
This last weekend I attended this event which is mostly for older vehicles, tractors, motorbikes, pedal cycles, steam locomotives, you name it if it was old and mechanical it was there! However a stroll through the exhibitors car park and the camping area revealed a huge number of L663 Defenders of all sizes and specs. My own 90 along with another 90 owned by another forum member were exhibited on the Scottish Green Road Club stand and I was surprised, just standing near my own car making a coffee, how many members of the public are still fascinated by New Defender and I ended up answering lots of questions, many from D3 and D4 owners who had never been up close to one let alone seen inside them. The general impression I got was “wow, it so much nicer in the flesh than I though it would be, I’ve never been interested in buying one until now when I’ve seen inside one”
I know from watching the access road from the club section of the campsite that apart from the numerous L663’s in the exhibitors and camping areas that there were also a fair few going into the public car parking areas.how it can not have been anything other than a sales success for JLR I don’t know.
There were lots and lots and lots of Series, Military and working old Landies at the show too
On our stand we also had 2x G4 D3’s and 2 Disco 1 Camel Trophy cars - one a press car the other was the Spanish entry in LHD
I didn’t see a single Grenadier all weekend………..

I think my 90 HSE D250 must have been the newest vehicle at the show at 3.5 months old!
It was a great weekend and well worth the travel to get there. Even the weather held up for the most part!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #999472 10th Jul 2023 2:03pm
LR Nuts

Yes Tim, when I attend shows as a visitor, camper or exhibitor, I always take a look around the public car parks. Sometimes visitors are not able to devote a whole day to the show.

Saw this recently

FC 101 on a .......... Forward Control. The owner was please to chat, as he had only recently bought the plate (no mention of how much, it wouldn't have been cheap)

another plate was 480 HUE (on a square plate) on a Series Land Rover. (had the plate from new)
Post #999482 10th Jul 2023 2:30pm
Tim in Scotland

There is an Evoque around here that has an old 3 numerals and HUE number plate!
I’m looking for 5 GRC (SGRC - Scottish Green Road Club!) but suspect if it’s still available it will cost more than the car! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #999486 10th Jul 2023 2:40pm
Tim in Scotland

BTW here is a photo of the info sheet that was on the streamlined blue “thing” in the photos

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #999487 10th Jul 2023 2:41pm
LR Nuts

Do you remember the guy Hugh, from the Freelander 1 Club had a Blue vehicle with the Reg HUE 567, transferred to a brand new FL2 when they first came out.
Post #999489 10th Jul 2023 2:47pm
Mrburt

United Kingdom 
That looks a fab day out, great images so thanks for sharing.
I think the new defender attracts interest from a wide audience, always positive unless on social media then the haters rise to the top very quickly, very sad.
I think Pangea green will be my next colour, went safe with eiger grey and now have colour and spec envy Laughing
Post #999536 10th Jul 2023 7:47pm
J77

Scotland 
Looks a decent show. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #999542 10th Jul 2023 8:29pm
Tim in Scotland

Jamie, it was my first visit to it and I enjoyed the show a lot. I arrived with the Green Road Club guys on Friday morning to set up our stand and their campsite - I chickened out and stayed in the Dundee North Premier Inn but then missed out on what I saw each morning had been some great evening fun! Might see about renting an off-road caravan for the weekend next year. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #999649 11th Jul 2023 6:37pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green

Click image to enlarge

Spiritual successor Thumbs Up

I was at Glamis on Saturday, dodging the rain, until we had to leave for a property viewing. Never had time to visit SGRC Big Cry
Post #999786 12th Jul 2023 2:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1