↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Lots of new and used Puma parts / accessories for
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Gasket

Hi Craig. I’ll confess I’m not the best person to answer this - I did my homework when buying it, but electrics are not my forte. I put the kit together to make getting Genuine CL components retrofitted (using a 3rd party loom) as easily as possible/idiot proof so I couldn't screw it up. So take this as my best understanding.

Assuming you want to fit as many Genuine parts as possible (there are plenty of cheap aftermarket kits available) and that you want to have the central locking working off the fob like a factory build, then this kit would get you a long way there - but it won't be without a bit of work.

The kit was assembled for my 2010 90SW (so only three doors) - yours is the right year, but we'd need to figure out the rear door issue.

The kit contains:

1) a Pace Automotive overlay loom - this connects to the factory ECU and takes the CL signal and power to the door pillars - covering both front doors and one tailgate door
2) four Genuine, but used, actuators (there's two types fitted on defenders - in this pack is three of the drivers side type and one passenger type - yes, I had a spare drivers side one)
3) two custom Pace Automotive front door looms powering central locking only - these connect back into the door pillars and onto the overlay loom and also plugs into the factory actuators in the door.
4) one Genuine but used rear safari door lock and actuator.

For your application, you'd need:

1) an overlay loom - covering both front doors and both rear doors
2) four actuators - two drivers side and two passengers side
3) two front door looms
4) two rear door looms
5) a few cheap screws and bits from the parts catalogue

-For context, I think I was paying about £25-£30-ish for each used, Genuine LR actuator.
-Front door looms are quite expensive (factory ones have EW wires built in, which I didn't want) - buying new or used will typically run you £80-£110 for the pair

So even if you only used three of the four actuators and the two front door looms then this would likely give you about £155-£200 worth of parts that you can use towards your project.

The overlay loom should work perfectly on your front doors and will give you the connection back to your ECU. However it obviously would only reach one of your two rear doors - so if you're vaguely handy with electrics you could shorten the one intended for my back door, add a door loom connector plug (available off bay) in order to connect it to your rear drivers-side door and then piggy back a single run of new wire and a new plug over to your passenger side.

As mentioned in the ad, you'd need a few screws etc and you'd need one actuator and a pair of rear door looms, which are available a little cheaper than front doors.

So it won't be as easy as it would be on a 90, but not massively complicated.

If you want to give it a punt - then as you won't need the rear door lock/actuator, I could keep hold of this and drop the price down to £200 if its of interest.

Or I could just sell you the three actuators that are definitely needed for your vehicle (if not going aftermarket) for say £60 and I'll sell the looms and lock separately.

Alternatively, you might prefer to look at a complete inexpensive aftermarket kit.

Congratulations on the purchase though.
Post #974487 13th Dec 2022 2:57am
Race.it

Spain 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alaska White
for the actuators only the drivers door is different, the rear door and passenger doors (front and second row are the same, I dont know if you can user a drivers door actuator as the passenger style, drivers door one from memory has extra wires. So if your kit has the rear door, and its going to a pickup that actuator is not needed on the rear door and can be re-purposed for one of the rear doors (saving buying two, prob only need one more actuator. Also I would think its simple to splice into the loom where it goes to the passenger side, and add an extra bit of wiring to go to the rear doors (this on factory connects under the seat (without the battery) and there is a loom that you get that goes along the rear of the front seat box and connects to the rear passenger doors. Searching for my first Defender...and started just as Covid hit, so talk about timing.

5 months after starting the search I found it, and here is the details
Post #974496 13th Dec 2022 8:59am
Gasket

Final update (as I know some people are on wait lists):

That's everyone paid except for:

Stiff1 (genuine mudflap brackets)

And all packages have been sent and tracking numbers shared except for:

JeremyJ (will drop you a PM tonight)
Race.it - paid, awaiting courier to collect

The parts still available are:

7 Genuine LR central locking retrofit kit (including Pace Automotive loom) £240.00
13 Nuggetstuff heavy duty rear recovery point £125.00
20 LRD Security bolt kits £50.00
21 Mud seat rail risers £40.00
29 Genuine LR rear loadspace mat for 90 LR005614 £80.00
33 Genuine LR / Mantec G4-style raised air intake (classic style plastic) with additional hose £40.00
42 Dixon-Bate ball/pin hitch £12.00
43 Dixon-Bate/ Bradley E100T tow pin - Camel style £90.00
Post #974520 13th Dec 2022 11:24am
Cam-Tech-Craig

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
Thank you for coming back to me... If i also wanted to add electric windows? Those looms wouldnt work would they?
Post #974560 13th Dec 2022 3:08pm
Gasket

The factory EW and CL systems are separate, so you wouldn't lose any functionality by adding the electric windows to this lot as a standalone addition...

..but, by the sounds of it, you might be better off getting in touch with someone like Boltonbits and buying complete aftermarket EW and CL kits from them that include everything - they won't work quite like factory but the install will be simpler. The door looms I have were specially made to only power CL, the standard LR ones do both so it would be a bit of a roundabout way of doing it.

I'll be listing the CL kit as separate components on eBay on their free listing day on Friday if there's no takers.
Post #974563 13th Dec 2022 3:16pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

Done a little research and id like to buy your CL kit please sir... Let me know how and what you need from here please...
Post #974634 14th Dec 2022 12:50pm
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Mine arrived toady, safe, well and nicely packed.
Thank you Thumbs Up
Post #974639 14th Dec 2022 1:32pm
Gasket

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
Done a little research and id like to buy your CL kit please sir... Let me know how and what you need from here please...

No problem, glad to hear you can make good use of it. If you drop me a PM with your address and confirmation of which bits you want (all of it / all except the rear door lock/actuator) and I'll get you the shipping options/prices and will send the total back to your PM inbox along with my paypal details.

I'm going away in a few days so we'll have to be a bit quick getting it shipped out.
Post #974659 14th Dec 2022 4:11pm
Gasket

DSC-off wrote:
Mine arrived toady, safe, well and nicely packed.
Thank you Thumbs Up

My pleasure - glad it got there OK.
Post #974660 14th Dec 2022 4:12pm
Gasket

Right folks. I'm going to close this thread now.

Virtually all the parts have sold and have been shipped, just a few stragglers left unsold which will go to auction.

Thanks for all the interest.
Post #974783 15th Dec 2022 7:04pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
let me get back to you about the mat, Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #975090 19th Dec 2022 3:29am
Cam-Tech-Craig

Mine arrived today with thanks... Give me something to do over Christmas I guess... Thumbs Up
Post #975422 22nd Dec 2022 1:03am
La paix

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Scotia Grey
Hi,

Just wondering if the rear mudflap brackets were ever sold!?

Cheers
Nick
Post #976877 6th Jan 2023 10:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123