↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Fault code P1294-00 starting fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LRnovice

2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Auto Belize Green
Fault code P1294-00 starting fault
Initially an intermittent starting fault prompted me to take car to the main dealer. The car faulted once only at the dealer allowing them to read the fault codes but it never happened again so they could not say for sure what the fault was so they returned the car. All injectors and heater plugs were replaced last year for a different fault.

There is also another fault which sometime occurs at the same time as the starting fault. When I turn the ignition key to the first position to work the radio only, the display flashes and the sound breaks up if it works at all. After turning the ignition fully on the radio display will either continue to flash and the sound breaks up or it will stop working completely with no sound or display.

If I then try to start the car the engine may turn over easily but will not fire and other times the car will fire up immediately.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but it has the main dealer baffled.
Post #941835 9th Feb 2022 8:57pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
I would check grounding points and connections between the battery and starter, and starter to alternator.
From what you describe loose connections could well,be culprit hence the sporadic nature of what you have described.
Also ensure battery clamps are tight and battery voltage is suitable at rest and that alternator is supplying charging voltage when running.
Also ensure relays in seat box is pressed home secure and that the IPAC (dash binnacle) electrical plug to the rear is secure and not loose.

These are a few ideas.

Beyond that it maybe cam position sensor, ignition barely or something along those lines, but start with the above first. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #941841 9th Feb 2022 9:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1