↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Ordered
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gmac

Scotland 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Ordered
Well, I've traded my Disco3 in for a nice shiny new Defender. Whilst I loved the Disco3 it was getting near to the warranty running out and frankly the electrics within the vehicle scared me senseless. So back to the trusty old Defender. Had one over 4 days from the dealer on demo and it is a great leap forward. So it is ordered and am now just waiting for a confirmed delivery date. Bye Bye Disco3 hello Defender!
Post #84 31st May 2007 3:51pm
Alex e

England 2006 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Zambezi Silver
decided to up-grade then? Rolling Eyes

good man, i would agree there's no way i would want to own a D3 out of warranty.... mind you i've never had one in the first place Rolling with laughter i'd probably have an 06 /07 one when their warranties have run out as they seem to have a lot less teathing problems than the first batch off the line.
Post #85 31st May 2007 5:24pm
gmac

Mine was an '05 and had a fair bit of "teething" problems with it but they did a software upgrade to it last year and in fairness the vehicle has been incredibly reliable ever since. However the level of software managing everything in the car is really does concern because you have no option but to go to a landrover / approved dealer for help and that will rack up the costs. There is simply in my opinion too much to go wrong with it in the future. I will miss it though for the comfort, quiet and "luxury".

But lets be real Defender rules and always has done and why would anyone want anything else....
Post #86 31st May 2007 5:43pm
Softail

Scotland 
Hey gmac, can I ask what dealership you secured the 4 day demo from. I'm trying to find a Scottish dealer to get a 110 demo from, and I@m striggling a bit. Thx, Softail
Post #87 31st May 2007 6:28pm
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Hi gmac

Ok, only early days with the new 07 model,,but so far, well pleased, did a 50 mile 2 ton tow today, and even thought still tight, was better then the TD5 Smile California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #88 31st May 2007 6:44pm
gmac

Softail wrote:
Hey gmac, can I ask what dealership you secured the 4 day demo from. I'm trying to find a Scottish dealer to get a 110 demo from, and I@m striggling a bit. Thx, Softail

Softail, I use Croall Bryson in Kelso for all landrover stuff, their servicing is at good rates and they are friendly. I was lucky to get the 4 days as I picked it up on the Friday and they were closed on the Monday for the bank Holiday so as a result didn't have to return to the Tuesday. The demonstrator I used was the 90 county hard top. The 110 was only available on trade plates.
Post #89 31st May 2007 7:06pm
gmac

TJ101 wrote:
Hi gmac

Ok, only early days with the new 07 model,,but so far, well pleased, did a 50 mile 2 ton tow today, and even thought still tight, was better then the TD5 Smile

sounds good, will be interesting to see how it performs once the engine has loosened up.
Post #90 31st May 2007 7:07pm
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Well so far so good, have started a running report in the puma section, California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #97 3rd Jun 2007 11:30am
Ollram

Greece 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Re: Ordered
gmac wrote:
Well, I've traded my Disco3 in for a nice shiny new Defender. Whilst I loved the Disco3 it was getting near to the warranty running out and frankly the electrics within the vehicle scared me senseless. So back to the trusty old Defender. Had one over 4 days from the dealer on demo and it is a great leap forward. So it is ordered and am now just waiting for a confirmed delivery date. Bye Bye Disco3 hello Defender!

Hopefully, i'll do the same when my D3 will be at least 2 years old and when the "children illnesses" of the new defender (my07) will be gone Cool
Post #114 7th Jun 2007 1:02pm
david110

Scotland 2015 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Hello, just collected my new Defender double cab today from our local Land Rover dealer in Stirling, very pleased with their service. I sold my TD5 double cab 4 weeks ago and have waited for my new 110. Very very pleased so far put my first full tank of diesel in tonight, so lets see how it compares its a far better drive already..... time will tell.
Cheers
Post #64148 17th Mar 2011 10:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
enjoy Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #64178 18th Mar 2011 12:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1