↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > How about 1 topic for all to share problems they incur?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
abpod

United States 
How about 1 topic for all to share problems they incur?
Is this a good idea? Simply title the topic “Problems / Issues” and that way we don’t have to search hundreds of separate topics...just consolidate into one topic spanning pages.

Thoughts?

I figured we’re the early adopters of a brand new model. '21 L663 X-Dyn HSE P400 Carpathian
'13 L319
'03 L322
Post #867014 13th Nov 2020 5:22am
AndyT66

England 2004 Defender 90 2.5 TD XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Hi abpod, hope you dont mind me asking and feel free to tell me to mind my own business but where in the usa is zona? I think it's great that members are all over the world but your location has me stumped Very Happy
Post #867019 13th Nov 2020 7:44am
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
I think it's in Virginia but I'm sure Abpod will confirm when he wakes up. Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #867030 13th Nov 2020 9:23am
DSL

United Kingdom 
Hope OP isn’t feeling stalked! Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #867032 13th Nov 2020 9:25am
abpod

United States 
ha! DSL!

It's short form for Arizona. I was just being lazy when typing it out. I've updated my profile. '21 L663 X-Dyn HSE P400 Carpathian
'13 L319
'03 L322
Post #867102 13th Nov 2020 4:25pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
Every day is most definitely a school day. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Though I did quite enjoy my little SteetView tour around that part of WV, very pretty in early Autumn colours. Mr. Green
Post #867115 13th Nov 2020 5:26pm
ChasingOurTrunks

For what it's worth, I'm a member of ADVRider, and often they will have a "KTM 990 ADV Problems Thread" or a "Triumph Tiger 800 Problems Thread" (that second example, naturally, should only have the intro post because Tigers are perfect).

Anyway, it does exactly what abpod has suggested, and is super useful in the ADVRider group so I imagine would be equally useful for this group.

I would start one but I don't think it's appropriate -- the only problem I've encountered with the new Defender is I don't have one yet!
Post #867207 14th Nov 2020 1:25am
Tim in Scotland

Back to topic!

There was a thread here this week started by AndrewS. Martin has moved it to the Site News section
https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic75203.html Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #867248 14th Nov 2020 10:10am
nowrxo

If I'm understanding the original post correctly, I don't see how having one huge thread for every single problem makes it easier to find things. It's far easier to find a single thread using its title than wading through one enormous thread where problems are all intermingled with each other.

For example:

Page 27: someone goes into limp mode.
Pages 28-42: someone has a suspension failure.
Page 43: further discussions of limp mode.
Page 44: someone has paint peeling issues.
Page 45: more limp mode, more suspension failure, picture of someone's cat.
Page 46: off-topic posts about Brexit.

If someone posts a problem thread, then all the answers in the thread should relate to that problem, and nothing else. Sure, you might have to look at multiple threads, but that's still more specific than multiple posts in one huge thread. If you post on a single dedicated problems thread one evening about a problem you've having and five new pages are posted before you check again in the morning, that's five pages you have to read through on the off-chance that someone might have replied to your post. If I post a thread, I can keep an eye out for the reply count, and if it increases, I know that someone's responded to my specific problem, not someone else's potentially entirely unrelated issue.

The whole point of a forum is to have multiple threads. Do you put all your files on your computer in the same folder?
Post #867274 14th Nov 2020 1:25pm
Tim in Scotland

That’s why there is a suggestion to make “our” section like the home page top sections above 2020 Defender. Martin’s other forums are also laid out that way with easy to access sections. The search function isn’t too bad as it is possible to search within a forum sub-section. I do know that Martin is rather busy with other work at the moment so it might be a while before things get sorted out. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #867280 14th Nov 2020 1:44pm
nowrxo

Yes, I've seen that, and it's a great idea. However, this thread is devoted to another suggestion, namely aggregating all problems into a single thread, which isn't IMHO such a good idea. Hence my contribution on this thread to the topic at hand.
Post #867285 14th Nov 2020 1:57pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Splitting the Faults (and Fixes) by the specific fault has to be the way as on my other sites Smile  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #867287 14th Nov 2020 2:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
Agreed Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #867289 14th Nov 2020 2:05pm
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
Martin

Do you want us to help you sort the posts that are now in the general thread?

Say if there is a tyre thread in the general forum can we report it to you as wrong forum?

OR shall I shut up? 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #867293 14th Nov 2020 2:18pm
Tim in Scotland

Happy to help out here too if you need assistance Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #867329 14th Nov 2020 4:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>