↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Even my 7 year old great nephew has an opinion....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Even my 7 year old great nephew has an opinion....
Late in the afternoon yesterday our club day out stopped for a comfort break and I wondered where my 7 year old co-driver had disappeared to and found him drawing in the dust stuck to the side of the car. Once out of public earshot he was given the option to walk the 85 miles home if he doesn’t like the car..........

Incase you need a translation it says “Poo” and I don’t think he meant Winnie The Pooh either......

Click image to enlarge

Anyway my niece found out when she came to collect him and this morning he was delivered to my house with water proofs and wellies to help wash the car. Thank goodness the GTechniq was done last week as there isn’t a sign of a scratch anywhere
after a gentle spray off with the garden hose. Co-driver was the wheel cleaner rather than bodywork cleaning (saves me all the backache from bending over to clean them!)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849010 10th Aug 2020 12:23pm
J77

Scotland 
Laughing
Post #849015 10th Aug 2020 12:36pm
shropshiredefender

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
7 vear olds tend to cut through the crap Rolling with laughter Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.
Post #849019 10th Aug 2020 12:53pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
So glad I don't have offspring!
Post #849022 10th Aug 2020 1:12pm
J77

Scotland 
He perhaps got his colours mixed up and assumed you had Gondwana Stone Laughing
Post #849023 10th Aug 2020 1:14pm
Tim in Scotland

The great thing about not having my own and having relatives who do is that you can hand them back when you’ve had enough. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849024 10th Aug 2020 1:21pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
That's too true Tim Laughing Like you and Greeni, I have no offspring so when the relations come round you can hype the kids up by feeding them e numbers and let them drink pure tartrizine and then once they start kicking off, waving them home from their car seats Laughing

My wife's God-Daughter decided she would 'polish' her Mum's car with rag which had been kicking around the ground in the dirt. The result was many many little scratches, and a couple of really big scratches which didn't all T-Cut out so ended up having the bonnet resprayed.

Probably just as well you had the bodywork treated as this will stop the little finger work doing any 'lasting' damage.
Post #849032 10th Aug 2020 1:45pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
At least you got his crocs off before sitting in the motor. Socked feet on the dash I can just about put up with Laughing
Post #849035 10th Aug 2020 1:51pm
apt100

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Next time, explain the issue about scratching the paintwork...and then give him a dry-wipe marker to use on the "mood board" Very Happy
Post #849039 10th Aug 2020 2:16pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Many years ago when my other half was a young girl she decided to help her Dad clean the car, so she used what Mum did in the kitchen, Vim. As you can imagine her Dad wasn’t best pleased Rolling with laughter
Post #849095 10th Aug 2020 4:50pm
PCM

United Kingdom 
I had my disco cleaned with a sponge dropped on gravel.... Big Cry
Post #849143 10th Aug 2020 6:49pm
Tim in Scotland

I believe a member if the D5 forums has recently had several panels of his pride and joy permanently redesigned by his young children carving pictures in the paint with stones from the garden.........I’ll consider myself lucky it was “Just” a finger and dust. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #849146 10th Aug 2020 7:01pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
You need to tell him to give Ecco his login back ~ he's been a very naughty boy and got our foreign friend into a lot of trouble. Whistle
Post #849149 10th Aug 2020 7:06pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Those photos brought me out in a cold sweat!
I’m so glad we chose to have dogs instead of sprogs. I know for those of you who have them, you think they are the best thing to ever happen to you, but for us, and I have to say a good number of our childless friends, we see people with them and we all really struggle to see what the draw is to be honest.
Still, it’s obviously a good job some of you are having them or there will be no one going out to work to pay for our pensions when the time comes! Rolling with laughter Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #849168 10th Aug 2020 8:12pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I believe a member if the D5 forums has recently had several panels of his pride and joy permanently redesigned by his young children carving pictures in the paint with stones from the garden.........I’ll consider myself lucky it was “Just” a finger and dust.

Tim, not just on the D5 forum Big Cry

Click image to enlarge
 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #849173 10th Aug 2020 8:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>