Home > Puma (Tdci) > Worried?!?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
The Boy wrote:
TJ101 wrote:
Strange,, mine is also one of the first,, May 07,, and has been ok,, only had one nights stay at the dealers !!

Wednesday car Laughing

Hopefully Very Happy California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #7811 27th Feb 2009 11:41am
SJM

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Thanks all. Makes sense as mentioned that I suppose people are more likely to comment on the things going wrong. I'm hoping to see the dealer tomorrow and see what magic he can work on the numbers!

Very Happy
Post #7813 27th Feb 2009 1:09pm
110SEB

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Ours was built on the same day as TJ101s.

An '07 110XS SW with relatively few problems.

1. New gear box within a month;
2. Central locking ECU problem sorted relatively fast (it locked the locks after 30 seconds if you were rummaging around in the boot);
3. Persistent leak onto front footwells, but we plagued LR about this and got loads of money out of them, the problems has more or less been fixed and is something that i think 99.99% of Defender drivers will have experienced;

We love her. Can't wait to be able to buy myself a 110 DC for myself so Mrs 110SEB can finally 100% claim the SW. As a 6'3" 17st bloke, i somehow don't feel right driving a Ka! An elephant on a monkey-bike springs to mind.

Buy your 90.

There's a letter in this month's LRO from a chap who bought a D3 and regretted it. Real men buy Defenders!

In the words of Mrs Doyle: Go on, go on, go on, go on...
Post #7814 27th Feb 2009 1:36pm
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Ours has been spot on. Thumbs Up 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #7815 27th Feb 2009 1:42pm
kljw

Scotland 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SVX Soft Top Auto Santorini Black
hi
you have herd lots of storey's, and arguments to buy, but try and beat this one. i have just traded my belowved TDV8 sport in for and SVX soft top, collect in a couple of weeks, need i say more. Cheers
keith
puer claudius
Post #7816 27th Feb 2009 2:19pm
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
kljw wrote:
hi
you have herd lots of storey's, and arguments to buy, but try and beat this one. i have just traded my belowved TDV8 sport in for and SVX soft top, collect in a couple of weeks, need i say more.

Sounds like a fair swap, the way sport prices are at present Laughing Shocked California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #7817 27th Feb 2009 2:42pm
kljw

Scotland 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SVX Soft Top Auto Santorini Black
Hi
the hit wasent as bad as it could have been, i am lucky or unlucky depending on how you view things, that because i am paraplegic, i am VAT exempt. makes a BIG difference. Cheers
keith
puer claudius
Post #7818 27th Feb 2009 2:46pm
Nidge

Ireland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Cairns Blue
Mine is also May 2007 build and have had lots of the same problems as others but if you dont mind the inconvenience of having the warranty work done and you have a good relationship with your dealer its still the best car around !!

Had new 2008 engine installed last Nov. and fingers crossed its been great since Thumbs Up
Post #7836 28th Feb 2009 8:47am
chay

Wales 
Mine is March '08 and has had only very minor problems, it's the dealers that are rubbish, not the vehilces most of the time. Decent PDR's would have found and solved a lot of peoples problems befoe they took delivery. For what it's worth, mine has never (fingers crossed) leaked, but the rear cross member and tow assembly very rusty, and it's going back because of that in March. I am not convinced that it this remidial work will be done to a decent standard, but we will wait and see. Anyone else had this problem?

Chay
Post #7837 28th Feb 2009 9:09am
dgardel

Italy 
kljw wrote:
Hi
the hit wasent as bad as it could have been, i am lucky or unlucky depending on how you view things, that because i am paraplegic, i am VAT exempt. makes a BIG difference.

you are stronger than us Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Post #7838 28th Feb 2009 9:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chay

Wales 
I fail to understand your comment. Would you care to explain?
Post #7839 28th Feb 2009 9:49am
spudfan

Ireland 
Nothing is perfect but this incarnation of the Defender is pretty well put together, drives beautifully with a lot less effort on the driver's side. My wife drove a 110 tdi for 13 years and loved it. The day we picked up the Tdci she drove it and has not left it since. It is just so driver friendly. Granted there have been niggles with some vehicles (some fairly major) but these are few and far between, but fairly upsetting and inconvenient for the owners. I do not think any manufacturer has launched a vehicle with fairly major revamps without some problems.
I bought mine last summer without so much as a test drive. I had heard the negative reports but what persuaded me to take the plunge were the comments on the Australian Land Rover site. These guys were prepared to take their Puma Defenders across deserts and various other demanding places. No main dealer for 1,000s of miles. Most were very pleased with it. So if it is good enough for the tough Aussies it is good enough for me. Besides how different could it be from my current 110 tdi which I was very happy with.?
First drive on bringing it home and I was stunned. The sheer power on tap, the quietness of it. You actually here tyre noise and not the engine. You can drive in summer clothes in winter if you want it is that warm- no coat, jumper or even shirt need !The doors are solid and close with a clunk and not a rattle. No leaks into or from the vehicle. Good speakers and great comfortable seats even the second or third rows.
If this was built by Porsche we would be told that as all are hand built each is unique with their own character.
Prior to picking mine up I got a chance to ask one driver in a carpark just what he thought of his.He said that it was his fifth Land Rover and it was his best yet.He had a Td5 prior to it and said it was even better than that.His wife poured more praise on it - you would think she was a salesperson trying to sell me one!
Anyway you can guess that we are most pleased with ours - even the kids love it. Long journeys are a joy.
Think of it this way - if you are married like me how often would you have been back with the mrs for warranty work?. Nothing is perfect but this Defender really is a class act. Take the plunge and savour it. 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #7851 28th Feb 2009 3:20pm
rick

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
My wife has an RRSport and I bought a new 2008 Puma - ZERO problems with either. It's also a win/win from a lifestyle perspective - the RRS is a great going out at night vehicle and the Defender is a practical daytime runabout. Can't lose.

Cheers,
Rick. 1998 RR HSE
2007 RRS TDV6
2008 Defender 110
2015 Discovery Sport
Post #7879 2nd Mar 2009 7:38am
SJM

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Thanks all - put my deposit down yesterday afternoon and should collect my new Def 90XS in about a weeks time. Hoorah! Thanks for holding my hand! Very Happy
Post #8123 6th Mar 2009 10:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12