↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Remap interface Limited Discount Offer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
chay

Wales 
The box was waiting for me when I got home yesterday, less than 48 hours after ordering. Of course, my computor then had to throw a wobbly when I tried to download the software, an e-mail to Pete and he rang me and spent half the evening sorting out both my computor skills and my computor. It was not until 9.30 that I re-mapped the Puma, so I left it to this morning to try and took the long route into work.

Why don't Land Rover make them like this? Sell the kids, but get a re-map! Much, much smoother, theres now a sense of urgency, a 'want to go' feel to the engine more than just plodding as before, and 50-70 mph is transformed.

This is far nicer than my TD5 was with an Autologic upgrade, plus I can see the cars behind without a black plume following me.

I am delighted.

Stunning piece of kit and brilliant service. Thanks Pete.

Regards

Chay
Post #5988 7th Jan 2009 9:16am
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Your welcome Chay, il glad your happy.

Regards Pete
Post #5989 7th Jan 2009 9:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bell-auto-services

I was planning to post this link at the very end of the thread when the offer was finished butits probabalybest now so some of you can look up your error codes.

Here is the i link i mention to a web site with any fault codes tht may show and there basic descriptions.

http://www.troublecodes.net/OBD2

NOTE ive seen many of the fault codes some of you have told me abouton many many new cars instandard and tuned form so dont take what you see in your fault list as a problem in all cases.

Regards Pete
Post #6137 9th Jan 2009 8:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DAZ110

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Barolo Black
I have installed my remap and like chay and Japserooy I'am also very pleased with the result!
Thumbs Up Very Happy

Its great to have the extra power when needed. I want to keep putting my right foot down too!

Pete at bell auto services provided excellent help on the telephone with the download of the remap and details of how to set-up the remap on the vehicle, and again like chay helped sort out my computer skills and my computer problems aswell.

I would definately recommend the remap to anyone thinking about it. Makes your Land Rover even more of pleasure to drive! Very Happy

Thank you Pete, for both your excellent service and patience. Bow down
Post #6160 10th Jan 2009 9:09pm
Femund

Norway 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
I ordered my Remap on tuesday last week. On friday afternoon, UPS delivered it to my address in Norway.
Within two hours from me receiving the Remap box, I had a reply from Pete with my new modified ECU SW, and this was on a friday afternoon! Impressing! Bow down

I took my Defender out for a test drive, and what a different it was. The torque is impressing!
The acceleration from 50 - 60km/h in fifth gear is exceptional. Even in sixth gear, going upwards, is impressing. Nor did I see any black smoke. Very Happy

I'm calculating with increased fuel consumption this month. Because, this is so fun! Laughing

So, I'll join the rest of people that have installed this Remap; Thank You Pete for Your excellent service and for Your great product! Very Happy 08MY Defender 2.4 SE
Post #6195 12th Jan 2009 8:01am
bell-auto-services

Id like to thank you all for your kind words.
Giving the email and telephone support that i give, i feel is very important to my customers and also me.

I belive this makes for a good business with customers that can trust our products and also trust that we can deliver good support if needed .

Im also glad that you are all happy with the performance gains from your cars, it makes the work all worth while when i read such good feedback.

Regards Pete
Post #6201 12th Jan 2009 10:54am
bell-auto-services

Ive been asked many times regarding my BAS remap interface if and when the dealer did a software update what would happen when i plug the tool back in to reinstall my BAS remap.

Well kindly from one of my customers he took me a picture, in this case a Defender 2.4TDCI.
He as advised returned his car back to standard before a dealer visit for some warranty work to be done.

He got his car back from the dealers warranty work complete and happy, when he tried to reprogram his BAS mapping/tuning back on the car he was faced with this screen.

This is the screen that will tell you when you attempt to reprogram your car if the dealer has actually updated your engine software.

And as you see the BAS tool states "Programming not possible" Smile

This is where we erase the tool with the software i provided you and we make new files for your car using the new software from the car that the dealer programmed it with.
It a bit like starting again but at least you know you can keep getting the dealer updates and get a new tuning file when needed.

All in all in this case, the customer had the dealer update and a new map was provided free and now he still has his tuning with the latest software on Smile

Pete

IMPORTANT NOTE this is ONLY possible if you return the car back to standard before a dealer visit. If the dealer reflash your car with a update and you have not returned the car to standard the BAS interface tool can not be erased and reused.
Post #7863 1st Mar 2009 2:45pm
parktag

France 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Zermatt Silver
Hi Pete
So we delete the old standard tune from the BAS tool and copy the new one from the ecu. 130 crew cab
98 V8 Disco
Post #7868 1st Mar 2009 9:22pm
bell-auto-services

Yes thats it , then your read to go again Smile

Regards Pete
Post #7870 1st Mar 2009 9:27pm
parktag

France 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Zermatt Silver
Thank's Pete
Sounds straight forward, i'll write a note and put it in with the remap tool in case i forget later. 130 crew cab
98 V8 Disco
Post #7871 1st Mar 2009 9:35pm
bell-auto-services

If your ever unsure, just remeber to return the car to original before any dealer visits, the rest can be done on the phone or by email to me.

We also advise you that any modification or remap tuning that is present of been detcected WILL void your warranty.
In all cases we advise you speak with your local delaer regarding tuning or modification to your car.

Pete

Last edited by bell-auto-services on 24th Apr 2009 3:14pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #7872 1st Mar 2009 10:04pm
Genis

South Africa 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Pete, you have a pm
Post #7933 3rd Mar 2009 2:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12