Home > Off Topic > Brexit.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 11 of 15 <123 ... 101112 131415>
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
^^^^ This here too. Thumbs Up

Off Topic Off Topic
Please keep the thread on topic, it was not supposed to be a Donald Trump bashing session thread.. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #755715 2nd Feb 2019 6:28pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Trump and Brexit will always be inextricably linked. Ideologically and also because of Russian interference in both the US election and Brexit referendum.
Post #755728 2nd Feb 2019 7:06pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
What are you on, heard it all now! Rolling with laughter Thud Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #755731 2nd Feb 2019 7:17pm
nitram17

Lateralus wrote:
nitram17 wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Zed wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Zed wrote:
There will always be difficulties discussing Mr Trump in a civilised environment because his extremist views provoke a reaction.

Can you give me some examples of extremist views President Trump has?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/0...mp;gwt=pay

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/don...60bf777e83

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/a...82736.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/11/mi...t-language

Those really aren't views you listed but the overall theme from the articles is that Trump is racist. It's really no surprise as this is the tried and true fallback attack of the left In America. Never mind Trump has had many close back friends over the years and had a good relationship with two prominent civit rights/politcal black figures, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Donated to their causes, helped Al Sharptons mistress get a hotel because she couldnt find a place. How politically convenient that Trumps obvious racist views would all of a sudden come out in 2015/2016 when running against a democrat!

Trump is such a racist that longtime friend and pro football player Hershal Walker took Trumps kids to stay with his family while Trump was going through divorce. Trump is such a racist that his election garnered more black votes that 2 previous Republican presidential candidates and garnered more latino votes than Mitt Romneys election. Democrat leaning, pro Hillary Latino actor and comedian George Lopez said in an interview with MSNBC, that he didnt believe Trump was racist.

I could go on and on but at the end of the day you're going to believe what you want and select news to validate your bias. The most unbiased way to get a clear picture of Trump on the topic is to examine coverage of him before his run for office. It's clear hes at least racially insensitive. He wasnt born in an era where you couldnt criticize people of color or muslims or gays etc. You guys on the left live by that religion, not us.

What makes you so special fella?as you appear to be immune from the almighty meja?

I am an individual, born free in one of the greatest countries on the planet.

No fella what makes you special!
Post #755732 2nd Feb 2019 7:18pm
Slideywindows

England 
I suspect that absolutely no-one has changed their pre-held views on either Brexit or Trump, as a result of this thread.

So although it has been fun (for those of us interested in politics) I think I may retire now, and go away to prepare for the end of the world, or the end of the EU - which ever comes first.

Please someone, put up a picture of a nice Defender so I can go away all happy....... Razz
Post #755751 2nd Feb 2019 8:38pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Birdy wrote:
Lateralus,

When a Forum member writes: “You should of adjusted you’re breaks first”, no matter how good his advice we tend to be pretty dismissive; if he can’t even write, how can he be a good mechanic?

Similarly, Trump’s Tweets, Twots and Soundbites - which, let’s face it, got him elected - often devalue important issues. For example, his awareness of the risks of trying to reverse Quantitative Easing too quickly merits more persuasive argument than a thowaway “Stop with the 50 Bs”. But perhaps he feels that plebeians can’t assimilate anything more complex than “Build a wall and all our Mexicans will disappear by magic, and the American Dream will be reclaimed (cf. “Leave the EU and all our unwanted “guests” will disappear by magic, and the UK will morph into George Orwell’s “England Your England”).

Peter

That’s the problem right there. If anyone wants controlled immigration they are basically racist and want all foreigners to go home apparently Rolling Eyes just because you see in black and white doesn’t mean everyone else does. There’s nothing wrong with controlling borders and it isn’t racist!!! Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #755754 2nd Feb 2019 8:45pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Great words MK1collector Thumbs Up 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #755757 2nd Feb 2019 8:51pm
Zed

custom90steve wrote:
What are you on, heard it all now! Rolling with laughter Thud

The US senate provided a damning report providing evidence of Russian meddling and support for the Brexit campaign and security services on both sides of the pond have confirmed as much.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan...ate-report

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/...rexit-vote

The senate findings are obviously provided on the links but I have no doubt the above evidence will be ignored or mocked as fake news as your sort always tend to do.

BTW Steve, Will there be a Salisbury Plain meet anytime soon? It would be good to meet up. Put a face to all the emojis and all that.

Edit: Sorry, keep ballsing up the quotes

Last edited by Zed on 2nd Feb 2019 8:55pm. Edited 3 times in total
Post #755758 2nd Feb 2019 8:51pm
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green

Click image to enlarge

Err, oops, sorry. Shocked Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge
Post #755759 2nd Feb 2019 8:52pm
Lateralus

United States 
I'll take both!
Post #755824 3rd Feb 2019 12:51am
Lateralus

United States 
nitram17 wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
nitram17 wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Zed wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Zed wrote:
There will always be difficulties discussing Mr Trump in a civilised environment because his extremist views provoke a reaction.

Those really aren't views you listed but the overall theme from the articles is that Trump is racist. It's really no surprise as this is the tried and true fallback attack of the left In America. Never mind Trump has had many close back friends over the years and had a good relationship with two prominent civit rights/politcal black figures, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Donated to their causes, helped Al Sharptons mistress get a hotel because she couldnt find a place. How politically convenient that Trumps obvious racist views would all of a sudden come out in 2015/2016 when running against a democrat!

Trump is such a racist that longtime friend and pro football player Hershal Walker took Trumps kids to stay with his family while Trump was going through divorce. Trump is such a racist that his election garnered more black votes that 2 previous Republican presidential candidates and garnered more latino votes than Mitt Romneys election. Democrat leaning, pro Hillary Latino actor and comedian George Lopez said in an interview with MSNBC, that he didnt believe Trump was racist.

I could go on and on but at the end of the day you're going to believe what you want and select news to validate your bias. The most unbiased way to get a clear picture of Trump on the topic is to examine coverage of him before his run for office. It's clear hes at least racially insensitive. He wasnt born in an era where you couldnt criticize people of color or muslims or gays etc. You guys on the left live by that religion, not us.

What makes you so special fella?as you appear to be immune from the almighty meja?

I just told you. Born free in one of the greatest countries men and women have died and bled to establish. It is my duty as an American to preserve it for my children and his children.
Post #755825 3rd Feb 2019 12:57am
Lateralus

United States 
Zed wrote:
custom90steve wrote:
What are you on, heard it all now! Rolling with laughter Thud

The US senate provided a damning report providing evidence of Russian meddling and support for the Brexit campaign and security services on both sides of the pond have confirmed as much.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan...ate-report

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/...rexit-vote

The senate findings are obviously provided on the links but I have no doubt the above evidence will be ignored or mocked as fake news as your sort always tend to do.

BTW Steve, Will there be a Salisbury Plain meet anytime soon? It would be good to meet up. Put a face to all the emojis and all that.

Edit: Sorry, keep ballsing up the quotes

Our intelligence agency's also concluded that Russian outlets had little affect on the outcome of the 2016 election and played both sides of the politcal aisles. A British agent, Christopher Steele did work with Obama intelligence officials to obtain FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign. Theres the real collusion.
Post #755826 3rd Feb 2019 1:01am
Zed

Here's the thing. In response to some of the more outlandish comments on this thread I've voiced a different opinion and backed it up with fact based evidence.
It is not my intention to try and change anybody elses mind. Far from it. Quite honestly I couldn't give a monkey's what anyone else on here thinks. I've just provided an alternative view with actual facts.

For the record, some on here have said they don't care about the risks of Brexit as they believe it's a price worth paying. Although I disagree with that POV I do completely respect it. However to deny there won't be detrimental consequences is pure fantasy. It's already happening and we haven't even left yet. The pound has tanked, investment has stalled, hundreds of billions of pounds have been shifted abroad and many companies have already packed their bags.

Sadly a minority have chosen to ignore facts, argue semantics or give an opinion only backed up by snidey insults and smilies. Well crack on, that's obviously your prerogative but it is very telling indeed.
Post #755879 3rd Feb 2019 11:48am
nitram17

Lateralus wrote:
nitram17 wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
nitram17 wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Zed wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Zed wrote:

I just told you. Born free in one of the greatest countries men and women have died and bled to establish. It is my duty as an American to preserve it for my children and his children.

No fella what makes you special and immune to the meja? ...all you reply with is your a free american wlell there are 250 million plus americans and according you many are being duped by the leftish mejia..i will try once more ..what makes larealus so special?Do you have a tin foil hat?or cloak?
We could just ignore politics and try to focus on defenders......well i am at an age sadly where the defender wins Big Cry Embarassed Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge
Post #755880 3rd Feb 2019 12:00pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Quoting links of the internet from any old source from any old bias editor wherever they maybe be in the world is not facts.
It’s widely known around the world that the media will put a spin on anything possible.

Look at the snow we’ve had, you’d honestly think we’d had an earthquake with 100’s of deaths occur.
We’ve had snow before, more so last year even than now. And many many times more in the past.

A lot of people’s behaviour around is unusual to say the least too. Like grown men(?) going around with tights on and a hat with stars on etc etc.

Everyone can form their own conclusions to things..

It’s getting rather tiring now. Yawn Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧

Last edited by custom90 on 3rd Feb 2019 1:29pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #755886 3rd Feb 2019 12:19pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 11 of 15 <123 ... 101112 131415>