Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Sulisuli wrote:
If you need a Tiger Brendan.... Whistle

Click image to enlarge

If Brendan does not want it, I will take it providing you can post the Tiger to Wales Rolling with laughter For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #687235 17th Feb 2018 7:17pm
kmac

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Apparently posting a tiger has been done before...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-53...-post.html
Post #687303 17th Feb 2018 11:55pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
davew wrote:

I just have visions of another forum somewhere where someone has posted "my neighbour's cats always poo in our garden, what can I do about it ?" to which several of the replies suggested getting their dog to poo in the neighbours garden as a form of revenge !

The Tiger option sounds like a good plan although you will definitely need to train it to poo in their garden by the sounds of it if it's worse than fox poo Smile We also don't have anything in the club's camping code of conduct to cover tigers specifically so if you can forewarn us when you bring it we can make it an exercise area... which will pretty much be wherever it wants to go !

Well cats tend to bury their poo. Now since our close neighbours do not have gardens I am pretty sure our cats either do their business in our garden under the bushes where there is plenty of mulch or in the adjacent fields.

Now the tiger solution sounds good but I am not sure what the owners of the horses in adjacent fields would say! Well we have taken a cat on a club meet with no problems without breaking any club rules. So a precedent has been set, a tiger is just a big cat after all so no problem there. Now commercial camp sites have rules such ad dogs must be kept on leads. No mention of cats being kept on leads so all will be good Thumbs Up

Brendan
Post #687391 18th Feb 2018 5:59pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
12 guage perimeter alarm 👍👍
Post #687430 18th Feb 2018 9:04pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Hi Brendan. Assuming that there is no public right of way and that the other permissive right of way is for boundary maintenance/inspection only then you are well within your rights to bar access to your driveway by a gate, signage and locking mechanism. Politeness dictates that neighbours should ask first before "checking" their boundary line from your side, so inform whichever neighbour it is that has boundary rights, preferably verbally and then by post, that you are having issues with trespassing and that you are taking measures to bar free access. Of course also make it plain that they are not barred and this is not their fault.

Continue to use CCTV of course, but this would be the first step along with big and obvious signage...

Do not be tempted to use barbed wire or any other aversive methods that may cause harm to the trespasser or dog. The last thing you need is a case of supposed grievous or actual bodily harm against you. Yes it is your land, but unfortunately even if someone does trespass and does get hurt then you are responsible. We would all like to break out the 12 gauge and tiger, but this action only ever leads to more stress and worse...

Bar access is the best solution. People are lazy beasts and the necessity of navigating additional barriers are usually enough to dissuade them from actually trying.

Good luck.
Post #687436 18th Feb 2018 9:15pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Well I must admit that the tiger/12 bore elements do have a certain attractiveness however I do not want any unnecessary knocks on our door from the boys in blue. So however tempting they are I might just give them a miss.

Additional perfectly legal steps have been undertaken so thanks for comments guys Thumbs Up

Brendan
Post #687460 18th Feb 2018 10:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12