↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Puma 2011 2,4 cranks but does not start.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Perc

Sweden 2003 Defender 90 Td5 SW Oslo Blue
Puma 2011 2,4 cranks but does not start.
Hello,

A friend of me had a Puma 2011. It didn,t start last week, normal cranking, good battery It seems that fuel comes normally. I checked the AS10 unit with the nanocom, no active fault codes. I tested Clear facory mode and then set default data and the engine started at once! Until next time... the same procedure and the enginen run. I disableld plip immobilise and passive immobilise. Normal operation for three days to the work, about 10 km. Startded at once and run proper. As it should.

Then after 20 km of normal driving it suddenly stopped, since then it cranks but doesn't start. No faults in the engine ECU.

Any sudgestions what to search for. Is it an immobilser problem, ECU/ECM, fuel... ??? can I read fuel pressure in the rail from Nanocom, and whats normal?

I have checked earth point for the ECU and it looks ok.

Per CSW 90 -03
Post #679355 17th Jan 2018 7:56pm
diduan

Bulgaria 
I also have a 2011 puma that doesnt start from time to time. I pull out the main relais under the right seat (passanger seat in my case) and than put it in again. This works every time. After more than an year with starting problems, i think the immobiliser gets disturbed by simple events affecting its functions. I had a broken cable on the rear central locking, or locked the vehicle with one door open etc. Each time something like this happens, it doesnt take long until i have a starting problem. I guess pulling out the relais kind of resets it. Defender 110 SW MY2011 2.4tdci decat, no EGR
Jeep Wrangler YJ 1990 4.0. Front 78' Dana 60, Rear CUCV 14 bolt
Post #679375 17th Jan 2018 8:38pm
Danste1966

Sweden 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alaska White
It’s my car Perc is working on. I bought it 3 months ago and it worked flawlessly until...

I’ve read all threads now and I don’t get it. Should I just buy a New ECU or a new IPAC? Sounds expensive enough... Very Happy

Help needed, please! Wink
Post #679898 19th Jan 2018 2:36pm
Danste1966

...it was the CPS! It had come loose and kissed the flywheel. 😅 It’s alive!
Post #681895 26th Jan 2018 5:38pm
stobbie

Netherlands 2009 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Fuji White
I have the same problem. 2.4 cuts out while driving. Start again but cuts out after a short while. Now it doesn't fire at all anymore. It cranks OK.
When I plug in a nanocom most of the time it isn't able to read anything.
My IIDtool connects fine.

All relais under seat are fine/

It's minus 8 degrees here, so I thought there might be water in the fuel filter, so I've changed that. But that did not change anything.

With engine start spray the engine runs. So it seems there is no diesel to the cylinders.
I do have a crank signal and I do have fuel pressure it seems according to IIDtool
Post #690462 3rd Mar 2018 11:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Danste1966

Have you checked the CPS; crank position sensor. Remove the heatshield on the turbo and you find it on top of the transmission. Mine were loose and destroyed. 20£ at the nearest Ford-dealer... 😅
Post #690482 3rd Mar 2018 2:08pm
stobbie

Netherlands 2009 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Fuji White
Yes.. I can see a RPM while cranking on the IIDtool, so I assume the CPS is working. After the fuel filter that was the second thing I've tried..
Post #690525 3rd Mar 2018 3:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1