↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Immobiliser woes. Aftermarket system interfering with CANBUS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
BenB8man

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Immobiliser woes. Aftermarket system interfering with CANBUS
Following on from a previous post regarding my VCV and a relearn procedure, I've done some more digging.

I've been speaking to Pete from BAS, the IID tech support team and a few garages (possibly just because I'm in denial about having to dig around into my dash). It seems like the original diagnosis was correct, my Cobra immobiliser is interrupting the CANBUS signals when I turn my ignition off which means that the BAS RRC is unable to do the High PSI pump reset.

I've been digging around in the Cobra manuals and have cast my eye over a few wiring diagrams and am not totally sure which wires are interfering with the CANBUS. Is it going to just be a case of the installer cutting into the original loom/CANBUS circuit and diverting it through the immobiliser or is there going to something more sinister going on? In the wiring diagrams it looks like there is a feed to the ignition switch, but no real detail about what it's doing.

The model of alarm is a Cobra Bridge 4100 if that helps. My idea is to just poke around until I find the splices or plug into the device and temporarily revert just the CANBUS pair(?) or the ignition interrupt splice so I can just do the relearn without ripping the whole lot out.

The reply I got from IID might be a little clearer than my ramblings;
Quote:
We've looked it up and here's what's happening.

-The ignition switch is ON, CAN works and the tool is capable of seeing the ignition signal (CAN message). Works normally.

-Ignition switch is turned Off as requested

-Your immobilizer cuts the CAN therefore the tool cannot work anymore

-E6...

There's no way around it unfortunately, you will have to temporarily disable the immobilizer.

I'm quite electrically minded, so don't mind poking around. I just don't want to end up with an immobilised car sitting in my driveway because it thinks I'm trying to disable it (even though I am). I was hoping Santa would bring me a BAS tune this year, which won't happen if I can't get this pump reset. Big Cry

Thanks for any help or guidance, Bow down

Ben
Post #672901 23rd Dec 2017 8:39pm
annette

Costa Rica 
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.
Take the instrument out.
locate can bus.
Go and get your Lucas 10 AS. it is just a bit lower behind the instrument bay. Follow whether they b..d up the immobilizer line to the 10 AS

NOW if there is nothing follow the Can bus splice which goes forward to the engine ECU

if you don't have the CAN bus page from the wiring diagram I'll happily send it to you.
Then bin the immobilizer.
Get a dog or better a circuit breaker. That is efficient. Fixing Land Rovers in rural Guanacaste
Post #679282 17th Jan 2018 4:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1