↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Events > Land Rover World Record Attempt, Gaydon 23-24 April 2011
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
double cab happy

England 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Java Black
we will be there but due to being involved in a number of different forums we have gone with, camp and see who we see. no offence guys.
Post #65184 26th Mar 2011 9:31pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
More millions of land rovers down the road then Shocked Mike
Post #65186 26th Mar 2011 9:34pm
Yetiman

United Kingdom 
I think this is a fantastic idea. I'll be there. I just need to persuade the other half that we don't need to go to her parents for Easter as planned Mr. Green

See you there...I hope. She's not old...just older
Post #65370 28th Mar 2011 11:06am
double cab happy

England 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Java Black
yetiman, thats got to be a reason TO go or am i the only one who goes to visit family gives them a small bit of choc with 5 times its weight in packaging then just sit there like its christmas but with no gifts and no good telly.

if all else fails pluck at the heart strings, there will be no choc and visit to the family for a hole load of guys and girls sweating there bits of in afganistan and its them and there mates its for, some not even 18 years old,

go on i dare you Razz
Post #65468 29th Mar 2011 10:00am
I.AM_a driver

Scotland 2002 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
there aren't many spaces left in the convoy itself, so if you want to go you'd best get your entry in quick!

www.convoy4heroes.org.uk

or have a look at the C4H Forum see what's being planned and if there's anything you can do to help. Mark S
CONVOY for HEROES
www.facebook.com/convoy4heroes
www.lothian4x4response.org
------
Td5 90
Thread in 'My Defender' Forum
Post #65481 29th Mar 2011 12:00pm
Tom Mc

United Kingdom 
CONVOY CLOSED!

Latest news from the organisers
:

We’ve reached the maximum number allowed by Jaguar Land Rover – 360 Land Rovers – and if you haven’t booked your place yet, you’ll just have to wait for next year! If you recall, the current world record stands at 260, so providing all goes well on the day, the existing record set back in 2004 should be broken.

Still, there will be plenty to see and do on the Saturday, if you’d still like to come along. Children’s events, the Land Rover Experience and some interesting talks and demonstrations from our friends in black – the SAS. And don’t forget, your day entry ticket also gives you free entry to the Heritage Motor Centre and the Sci-fi at the Movies exhibition. And it’s all in aid of Help for Heroes.– 360 Land Rovers – and if you haven’t booked your place yet, you’ll just have to wait for next year! If you recall, the current world record stands at 260, so providing all goes well on the day, the existing record set back in 2004 should be broken.

To recap – day visitors are welcome at Gaydon on either Saturday 23rd or Sunday 24th April, but as the actual world record attempt will be taking place on Sunday at Jaguar Land Rover’s private test track to the rear of the Heritage Motor Centre, only those who have been accepted to take part in the convoy will be allowed to take part. Spectators therefore can only view proceedings in front of the museum, not to the restricted area at the rear.

Thanks to all those who have supported CONVOY for HEROES, a report on what took place will be forthcoming post event.
Post #65948 2nd Apr 2011 3:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12