Home > In Car Electronics > Aux Fuse Board Mounting Options
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tyrannosauROSS

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Chawton White
Aux Fuse Board Mounting Options
Good afternoon.

Im just about to embark on adding an AUX fuse board to the 110 Utility.

In the rear load compartment I want to have the fridge, some interior switchable LEDs, a work light on the rear, some USB sockets and a cigaret socket.

I can work out all the cable etc. but I just can't work out where the best place to mount it will be.

Can we start a thread with pictures of peoples AUX electrical work and where they have mounted the fuse board?

Thanks
Ross
Post #577299 12th Nov 2016 1:45pm
kmac

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
I have seen some in a special under cubby "locker". There is an Australian manufacturer of locker which is specifically for electrical bits

Other options I have seen here are next to battery or under drivers seat

I will dig out a pic and post it

Edit: Aus one is Mulgo Exbox

Post #577306 12th Nov 2016 2:41pm
Alien

Australia 
Being in the land of Oz I fitted the above mentioned Mulgo Ex-Box.
Primary reason was to move the origional fuse box from under the seat to keep it dry and use the seat box for storage and the air compressor.

For those interested...
The 2 poles are the feeds from the start and second(auxiliary) batteries.
The USI-160 is the duel battery controler with a Mulgo override switch dash mounted for when winching or jump starting myself.
The primary fuse box is feed from the start battery post as is the 2 circuit breakers used for headlamp relays and the trailer brake controler.
The large circuit breaker is conected to the second battery for charging the trailer auxiliary battery when on the move.
The second battery also feeds the other fuse box, from it I have heavy duty trailer 7 core wire feeding 4 rear mounted merit plugs and a light( with a couple off spare wires for Justin[just in case]) as well as dash mounted USB and the cig outlet.
The grey realy is for the under seat air compressor, again dash switched and all off the second battery.

I should add the only + connections on my battery are the feeds to the 2 poles and the winch from the start battery via a rotary power switch.
The - connection on the start battery is factory and the secondary goes to the same chassis and transfer window box conections(people offer forget to upgrade the earth circuit).
All original terminals have been cut off and replaced by fit for purpose conections.

Switches, http://www.expeditioncentre.com.au/auxilia...02-onwards
Ex Box, http://www.expeditioncentre.com.au/exbox~4516

Click image to enlarge
 Cheers,
Kyle.
Post #577429 13th Nov 2016 12:50am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
I like the idea of mounting additional electrics under the cubby box - out of the way and raises the cubby up, too. But with all that wiring to and from, what do you do if you need to lift the gearbox access panel underneath? Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #577450 13th Nov 2016 9:30am
Alien

Australia 
My aim was for the ExBox to be moved to one side to gain access to the gearbox.
It will just take a little longer to do and one 4 core wire will require a plug to be fitted when the time comes.
Only the trailer wires will remain through the box but an Anderson plug could be fitted to get around them.

Quickest isn't always best when doing modifications, I always try to think about how other jobs will be effected once any addition is done. Cheers,
Kyle.
Post #577767 14th Nov 2016 5:48pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
I've put a couple of fuse blocks in a homemade tray under my cubby box. Half of them are powered by power via the ignition and the other half are from a direct feed from the second battery. These fuses are protecting circuits that are controlled by switches in the centre dash console and what I did was feed a couple of lengths of some heavy duty 7 core 12S cable. This actually gave me more wires than I needed but gives me chance to add on further "gadgets" in the future Thumbs Up
Post #577801 14th Nov 2016 8:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1