↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] NOW SOLD - Defender 90 - Genuine County, 2002 Td5
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LiftedDisco

[For Sale] NOW SOLD - Defender 90 - Genuine County, 2002 Td5
SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

Advertising this on behalf of my Father-in-Law and hope that this will be of interest to folks on here (I'm rather more active on Disco4.com) as this is a truly genuine Defender and I think warrants finding the right buyer rather than ending up with a pointless round of door knockers and silly offers...

So, the Defender...

As per the title, it's a genuine County with rear seats (x4) and full height dog-guard finished in Epsom Green.

For the last 5 years or so, it's been a second car - this is evidenced by the current low mileage of 66,700 (although this is still in occasional use so might rise).

Two owners, central locking, electric windows and alarm - it's also had the rear cross-member replaced about 18 months ago but everything else appears to be tickety-boo.

MOT until 21st March 2017

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The vehicle is currently in deepest Devon - my Father-in-Law doesn't really 'do' car sales and isn't keen on folks rocking up and as such I'd like anyone interested to contact me via PM with a phone number so that I can give you initial information.

Depending on your location and level of interest, it may then be possible to bring the Defender to Towcester for viewings etc.

He did offer this to his local LR dealer (the chap who sold it to him 5 years ago) who said that it is a cracking example for the age of the vehicle but wouldn't fit with the expectations of sitting it on their forecourt amongst the various newer models that are now on offer - daft really!

Priced at £13,700 (or near offer)

Please respond on here and PM me with interest and let's see what works for all involved!

Last edited by LiftedDisco on 5th Sep 2016 2:55pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #560875 2nd Sep 2016 7:20pm
Romadog

pm'd Thumbs Up
Post #560899 2nd Sep 2016 8:31pm
LiftedDisco

Service history
Just realised (more correctly, prompted by a PM) that I omitted to detail the service history...

First service - 10,000 (ish) - HR Owen of Bury St Edmonds

2nd service - 18,700 - HR Owen

3rd Service - 29,900 - HR Owen

4th Service - 41,000 - Mansfield Motors Land Rover, Bury St Edmonds

5th Service - 51,000 - County Land Rover, Barnstaple

This was probably about the time that my Father in Law started running the 90 as the next services are even more local:

6th Service - 55,000 - MC Cook, Littleham, Devon

7th Service - 61,221 - Prance Motor Services, Bideford, Devon

Hope this helps
Post #560904 2nd Sep 2016 8:41pm
bogwert

Scotland 2003 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Zambezi Silver
This Sale has been passed on to me by a friend, unfortunately I'm not part of Defender2! (well I am now).

My partner and I have been keeping an eye out for a 90 Defender for a while now, and would be interested in viewing.

LifitedDisco, would you be able to send me a PM to reply too, as i am too new on this forum to send you one!!
Post #560975 3rd Sep 2016 1:07am
Bluebar

United Kingdom 
PM Sent
Post #561042 3rd Sep 2016 2:31pm
LiftedDisco

Well that was quick...

Thumbs Up

I met up with my Father-in-Law at lunchtime yesterday in order to bring the 90 back to Towcester, meeting up with a mate of an established forum member late yesterday afternoon.

We drank tea, we took the mickey out of my long-term, ongoing project, chatted Land Rover stuff and generally had a pleasant hour or so, by which time, I'd bamboozled them into making an offer!

Hands have been shaken, money has passed and I actually think we may have found a forever home for the 90... only horse people (and possibly dog folks) will understand the warm feeling that this leaves!

Many thanks to those who enquired - I have PM'd everyone who contacted me and wish you all 'good hunting' in your search for your next Defender.
Post #561582 5th Sep 2016 2:53pm
Romadog

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well yes we're happy with the deal and well bamboozeled. I think there must have been something in the tea !!

She'll....or he'll.......the land rover will be loved and treasured by all.
Looking forward to getting underneath and .......having a good look over a cup of tea or two !

Will update on here as and when we fit all the bling Shocked Whistle Rolling with laughter

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Post #561716 5th Sep 2016 9:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1