↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > All EU Referendum Discussion Here
How do you intend to vote in the eu referendum on June 23rd?
Leave
60%
 60%  [88]
Remain
32%
 32%  [47]
Undecided
7%
 7%  [11]
Total Votes: 146

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 24 of 34 <123 ... 232425 ... 323334>
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
^^^^ Hollande trying to get rid of them already go over here. Why should we take them over so they don't. (And all other EU countries)

No good using moral highground in the IN camp over migrants, they attempted to use the awful murder of Jo Cox as a campaign tool.
That is the lowest of the lowest move to make, no one I've ever read from Leave or followers have ever had anything but sympathy.

I feel like as if some with vested interests, treated it like some sort of blessing in disguise.

Myself - I have every sympathy with the incident and it should never have happened.
It was linked with extremist groups, some of those in the USA.

To use that and compare to any democratic party or campaign is beyond ridiculous.

Regardless, no good whining now the result is final.

Not going to continue posting on this thread, it's been done to death.
We've reached the milestone now. Now we have the result.
Personally I couldn't be happier, let's not have a go at younger / older people and all that sort of thing.
We've had enough nastiness and turmoil for weeks now without it continuing.

Polls have been wrong now twice in a row, common logic tells you that more young people vote in polls online and less older people. That is why it's always skewed. Basically the same as last year.

I'll stick to positivity. Very Happy
Post #543161 24th Jun 2016 10:20pm
Oakseywick

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
I feel we need to bring this thread to an end the votes have been cast and the outcome decided. Let's all just work together and make sure this amazing country becomes the best it can be in every Way!!

P.S lets get back to discussing the most important things in life like land rovers Whistle
Post #543165 24th Jun 2016 10:31pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Hear, hear! Time to move on, and get back to Defenders.
Post #543171 24th Jun 2016 10:39pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Oh you know there were many, many factors as to why people voted the way they did and tarring the populace with broad brushes or labeling entire groups as this or that is just plain lazy.

It's no good arguing, the deed is done. Whether we advance to broad sunlit uplands al la Churchill or not remains to be seen but one of the supposed characteristics of our United Kingdom is a sense of fair play and can accept losing with good grace.

The Collins English dictionary definition of good / bad loser is as follows:

If someone is a good loser, they accept that they have lost a game or contest without complaining. If someone is a bad loser, they hate losing and complain about it. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #543172 24th Jun 2016 10:41pm
Iggle piggle

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 90 V8 Petrol ST Alpine White
Well I'm really excited! .......
I've never had a thread go to 23 pages before!! Rolling with laughter

In all seriousness I started the thread & poll because I was undecided & fed up of Lies & scaremongering from both sides,
At the death I decided remain was the way to go for me, that said I am not dissapointed at the result just apprehensive but what will be will be, bring it on!
Post #543174 24th Jun 2016 10:47pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
need4speed wrote:
Ok pickles. Im clearly wrong in your opinion.

So tell me. Who does Australia answer to? France? Germany? Who tells you that you have to accept so many million imigrants against your will?

Im not Australian so i wouldnt be inclined to comment on Australian politics. Maybe you should consider the same courtesy?

Just a thought.

Nothing to do with courtesy mate, just giving an opinion, you can do the same, we can agree or disagree.
First of all I said I hope you are right.
Secondly, no country is an island, we all have the same situation there.
Thirdly, If you were aware of what is going on in our neck of the woods, you would know that we are surrounded by squillions of people, in our area, who would like to come here...FACT. And they would, if they were allowed.
The previous Govt did not stop them, and we are still trying to deal with those who came in under that regime.....SIX YEARS LATER.
Now, in 7 days time, there is to be an Election, & Labor is a good chance to win,...wait & see about our "secure borders" if this happens.
Having got those issues out of the way, if it is a fact that Brexit is going to stop uncontrolled unwanted people coming to the U.K., then I would certainly have empathy with you on that one, because it is an issue common to both of us....it is an "World Wide" issue. Do you think that Brexit will 100% solve this issue for you, and if so, is this the major reason you voted for it?
Pickles.
Post #543178 24th Jun 2016 11:08pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Oakseywick wrote:
I feel we need to bring this thread to an end the votes have been cast and the outcome decided. Let's all just work together and make sure this amazing country becomes the best it can be in every Way!!

P.S lets get back to discussing the most important things in life like land rovers Whistle

nearly 900,000 people have signed a petition to have the referendum re-looked at or re-run

Before the vote, leave people said all the things expected to happen wouldnt, that it was scare mongering. Which people believed.

Then after the vote Nigel said the £350million was wrong, a leave campaigner has said well immigration argument wasnt exactly correct, we will have a little control, but we will still need free immigration from the EU, discussion it would take 15 years to start to undo European laws and the only real way is to let either ministers or civil servants decide, so we will most likely keep them.

We then have
- Calais starting a process to look to stop UK boarder checks
- Pound fallen/falling
- Share prices falling
- UK rating declassification
- Initial borrowing rates planned to increase
- Our interest rates planning to be cut to 0 (impacting saving rates)
- Loss of our PM
- No effective and led government, or opposition
- European union out to make a point against us
- Scotland wanting a 2nd referendum
- Fuel prices expecting a 2p rise (which will impact everything)
- Young people disillusioned
- Some companies preparing to move out of the UK
the list goes on - mostly the start of what was predicted and its only 24hrs in!

So please tell me - what are the benefits of leaving the EU? and is this one of those things people are pleased to have on their CV? Mike

Last edited by mse on 25th Jun 2016 11:19am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #543233 25th Jun 2016 9:55am
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Death, destruction, pestilence and famine Rolling Eyes get a grip man!!! Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #543236 25th Jun 2016 10:16am
mse

I have a grip, i have to say that is a petty argument - but im not a) leaving people without account and b) just going it will be ok.

Incidentally i didnt mention any of those things, but its good that firm concrete facts, evidence based argument featured in that response Thumbs Up you voted leave didnt you Rolling with laughter Mike
Post #543243 25th Jun 2016 10:51am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
mse wrote:
nearly 9000000 people have signed a petition to have the referendum re-looked at or re-run

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Funny and pathetic.....

It is my belief that there may be a strong possibility the EU may perhaps implode on itself? There may be a FREXIT in the offing? The Fat Lady has indeed sung and the decision has been made. 9000000 people with their bleeding hearts dissatisfied with the outcome signing a petition will not change the democratic process we have just endured one iota. I agree wholeheartedly with the 'Get a Grip' sentiment. Accept it and move on or just move (maybe not to France or Germany!). We are in totally unchartered territory and 'interesting' times. Those that live here we have no other choice but to ride it out and see what comes out of it. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #543247 25th Jun 2016 10:57am
mse

If i was to move, germany, the netherlands would be/are strongly on the cards - France i cant stand at the best of times!

I think you might be right - it will be interesting to see how the EU move forward. I could see it wanting to split up but i think its highly likely, unlike with us, that they will do everything to stop it happening...although with us leaving the power balance has now massively moved in the EU. Funnily in europe they think we get everything we want Exclamation

However, the get a grip statement is reasonably childish, showing little else to say - i have a perfect grip thanks Thumbs Up and always make sure im prepared. What im asking is simple, what are the advantages of us leaving - what are we actually going to see, now its done?..this isnt forthcoming...money saving has been discounted and migration similar...so sell it to us

my next point is where is our political leadership to move us forward to this new magical future - any answers on that one would be useful?
David C is going, i dont like him but he led
Jeremy C (not clarkson Rolling with laughter ) isnt the best leader, labour are in trouble and now they want him gone

So where else are we looking...its good to see that clearly you both dont see these as either important or part of bringing nearly 50% of the population with you on the leave rollercoster Mike

Last edited by mse on 25th Jun 2016 11:20am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #543252 25th Jun 2016 11:13am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Spot on, Mal, well said!

Incidentally the last BBC report I heard said 900,000 people, not 9 million, had signed the petition, but hey! what's a zero when the stability of the world is at stake?

I reckon that we've got out in the nick of time, others may follow, and the UK leaving may be the best thing to happen to the EU in years by giving the arrogant and self-serving architects of the EU a wake-up call. In future years, history will show the UK to have made the right decision.
Post #543253 25th Jun 2016 11:17am
mse

Yes just realised i put an extra 0 - thats just a typo Mike
Post #543254 25th Jun 2016 11:19am
Lost for Words

mse wrote:
However, the get a grip statement is reasonably childish, showing little else to say - i have a perfect grip thanks Thumbs Up and always make sure im prepared. What im asking is simple, what are the advantages of us leaving - what are we actually going to see, now its done?..this isnt forthcoming...money saving has been discounted and migration similar...so sell it to us

The benefits of leaving have already been discussed to the death and you have already chosen to disbelieve them so I don't know what you're expecting to be said now. Confused Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver
Post #543256 25th Jun 2016 11:21am
ickle

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alpine White
Looking at the petition 100 people a SECOND are signing for a 2nd referendum Shocked
Post #543258 25th Jun 2016 11:30am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 24 of 34 <123 ... 232425 ... 323334>