↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > All EU Referendum Discussion Here
How do you intend to vote in the eu referendum on June 23rd?
Leave
60%
 60%  [88]
Remain
32%
 32%  [47]
Undecided
7%
 7%  [11]
Total Votes: 146

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 15 of 34 <123 ... 141516 ... 323334>
Print this entire topic · 
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
No but what happens after step 3 has been hotly debated Shocked Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #542403 22nd Jun 2016 2:23pm
stanley

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
boode wrote:
shaggydog wrote:
For anyone who was unsure or who has never done it before the BBC has made this helpful article on "how to vote"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36584905

Click image to enlarge

Rolling Eyes

Do we all have to wear Green ?

Actually it reminds me of a sperm donor clinic !

So I've been told 🤔
Post #542409 22nd Jun 2016 2:33pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Im so glad there is that advice leaflet as i was very confused the leave group hadnt pre ticked the leave box.

What is very worrying - many leave comments link to blame europe, but actually its our government and our government policies - Labour and Conservatives - their ideologies and/or miss-management, not europe.

Labour let a load of people in

Conservatives sell off and cut funding.

Neither impose the restrictions they are able to impose right now on migrants but Europe gets the blame.

We keep saying eruope will do what we need with trade deals, but we are a tiny market - they have each other and the rest of the world...we will always be small change, so why back down for us...especially when there is a point to be made? Mike
Post #542427 22nd Jun 2016 3:19pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
I think most people have made up their minds by now so I see it as, what will be will be, so we'll just have to make the best of whatever outcome there is Mr. Green Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #542438 22nd Jun 2016 3:53pm
spudfan

Ireland 
Best of luck tomorrow, it's a big decision. You can only go with your gut feeling. Thumbs Up 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #542445 22nd Jun 2016 4:11pm
Lost for Words

mse wrote:
We keep saying eruope will do what we need with trade deals, but we are a tiny market - they have each other and the rest of the world...we will always be small change, so why back down for us...especially when there is a point to be made?

We are not a tiny market. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, we are the fifth largest economy in the world and the second largest in the EU. We have a huge trade defecit with the rest of the EU so we are not small change at all.

As I posted above, German industry has today said that they'd consider it madness to impose tariffs on us and would seek to continue trade as now. Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver
Post #542450 22nd Jun 2016 4:30pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Thankfully tomorrow evening this latest political debacle will be over and we can then hold a marathon post mortem perhaps?

If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #542456 22nd Jun 2016 4:47pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
mk1collector wrote:
I think most people have made up their minds by now so I see it as, what will be will be, so we'll just have to make the best of whatever outcome there is Mr. Green

My postal ballot was cast a couple of weeks or so ago. While I have remained receptive to sensible views and opinions from all sides my own opinions were formed many, many moons ago and nothing that I have heard in the interim has swayed me enough to make me change my mind. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #542462 22nd Jun 2016 5:20pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Shocked The condoms have it. Laughing
 For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #542474 22nd Jun 2016 6:02pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Happyoldgit wrote:
mk1collector wrote:
I think most people have made up their minds by now so I see it as, what will be will be, so we'll just have to make the best of whatever outcome there is Mr. Green

My postal ballot was cast a couple of weeks or so ago. While I have remained receptive to sensible views and opinions from all sides my own opinions were formed many, many moons ago and nothing that I have heard in the interim has swayed me enough to make me change my mind.

Same here, nothing would have ever changed my mind, nor my other family members to be honest. Thumbs Up
Post #542485 22nd Jun 2016 6:14pm
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
"I think most people have made up their minds by now"

Minds were made up months ago, neither camp has come up with any argument(s) likely to change one's views.

Probably the most important decision of this generation will be decided tomorrow on the basis of: "BoJo's a clown so I'm voting in" and "Obama threatened us so to annoy him I'm voting out".

Peter
Post #542487 22nd Jun 2016 6:27pm
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
The head argument is firmly in. The lead camp says "people are tired of listening to experts" but the reason they're saying that is the vast majority of the experts (and common sense) says we're better off trading with our neighbours.

The only valid argument I can see for leaving is the heart one. It just comes down to whether you want to be a country that gets one and cooperates with its neighbours or not. Do you want to be part of a family that makes mistakes and gets stuff wrong but generally has its heart in the right place, or do you want to go it alone. There is no doubt in my mind that cooperation is the best way through anything and IMO life would be boring in isolation but if that's the sort of country you want to have then I can't argue with that.

(you can probably stop reading here)

If we leave then we have a choice to make whether we want to remain part of the single market. If we do, and get a deal like Norway then it's still worth big car makers like Nissan remaining here, because a massive advantage of making stuff here and trading with us is that we're part of the single market. Otherwise it's easier to just make stuff where there aren't lots of barriers and hassle to trade with one of the biggest group of customers out there. So if we get a Norway type deal, then we still have all the EU rules that people don't like, we still have all the immigration (that I think is a good thing, it works both ways) because part of the deal of free movement of stuff is the free movement of people. With the Norway deal, it costs us basically the same as we get at the moment and yet we have no say (rather than a little one) in anything that goes on. So all the negatives that people are winging about remain, and some of the benefits go, which seems silly to me.

I like traveling, I like how easy it is, I like working with our neighbours to solve problems that are best solved together and I don't like making a rod for my own back. The price is paying for some development of some countries near us which I think is something that we should be doing. The stronger they are the more they are able to buy the high tech stuff that they, through their EU membership, are paying our scientists to do. Plus you get a warm fuzzy feeling from not being a selfish dick to those around you.

Edit: one thing I am very disappointed by is the quality of the campaigning from both camps. They should be ashamed of themselves and seriously look at how they do things in future.
Post #542637 23rd Jun 2016 7:32am
pjb

Best Wishes to all on the forum.

Vote however you want in or out just please vote.

Tomorrow we can see how the forum represents the country or does not by comparing our vote with that of the country Whistle 2020 P300 HSE
Post #542639 23rd Jun 2016 7:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
The best argument I have heard is if the other countries were voting for the UK to remain or go, how would we feel? There would be many who would be delighted, but a majority would not want to be cut out of the EU at the hands of others, indicating stay.

I'm still undecided with hours to go, what has given me major concerns spending time at the IOD a few days ago, many senior executive types saying about cutting staff, will companies use Brexit as an excuse to cut jobs, even though in reality Brexit shouldn't impact their businesses. Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #542646 23rd Jun 2016 8:14am
Penguin

Belgium 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Chawton White
27th of June 22:30 CET... then you'll be out of the EU Twisted Evil 28/02 - Loss of a good friend...

In a time of chimpanzees, I was a penguin.
Post #542653 23rd Jun 2016 8:50am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 15 of 34 <123 ... 141516 ... 323334>