↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > All EU Referendum Discussion Here
How do you intend to vote in the eu referendum on June 23rd?
Leave
60%
 60%  [88]
Remain
32%
 32%  [47]
Undecided
7%
 7%  [11]
Total Votes: 146

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 14 of 34 <123 ... 131415 ... 323334>
Print this entire topic · 
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
Actually I am a real farmer and as I see it leaving will create demand for my product by dint of actual market forces being applied. Yes we may well loose the subsidy but that is already a rapidly diminishing figure anyway. A really free market, survival of the most adaptable. Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #542345 22nd Jun 2016 11:50am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
This is the most entertaining thread we've had in months!
Post #542348 22nd Jun 2016 11:57am
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
stanley wrote:
Neither EU or USA or any other country signed the death warrant for the defender , Sales and finance did , globally the market was small and reducing all the time , forget the last year of production when sales went crazy , the end of defender was looming on the horizon for many years

may be but where's the fun in that.....it's all about leaving the EU so I think it's only right we blame the EU.

On the basis we'll be far worse off leaving the EU (no proof) surely we're equally as likely to be far better off (no proof), therefore knowing we'll be the same as we are now if we remain aren't we highly likely to be somewhere between no better off and far better off based on the laws of probability?
Post #542349 22nd Jun 2016 11:58am
Lost for Words

BBC News wrote:
EU referendum: Trade curbs 'foolish' if UK votes Leave, says German industry

Markus Kerber, the head of the influential BDI which represents German industry, said his organisation would make the case against such measures.

He said any introduction of tariffs would be "regression to times we thought we'd left behind in the 1970s".

The UK's referendum on whether to leave the EU will be held on Thursday.

"Imposing trade barriers, imposing protectionist measures between our two countries - or between the two political centres, the European Union on the one hand and the UK on the other - would be a very, very foolish thing in the 21st Century," Mr Kerber told the BBC's World Service.

"The BDI would urge politicians on both sides to come up with a trade regime that enables us to uphold and maintain the levels of trade we have, although it will become more difficult."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36596060
 Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver
Post #542351 22nd Jun 2016 12:08pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
In the example of Tate & Lyle, we've had them running since 1878 in this country.
The EU wouldn't give a monkeys if it went under tomorrow, they would come up with a new one in Germany or Poland instead. Rolling Eyes

But the EU on companies like BMW, Berlin Motor Works to be precise, now they are so very very important to us apparently.
They were busy in the war buying engines for Hilters regime to attack us and took over the rest of Europe.

Rolls Royce was quintessentially British and has been flogged off.

LR was, then went to Ford, Ford needed a bailout in about 2009 to keep JLR.
What did the labour govt do, gave handouts to Citroen, BMW etc.

JLR was then bought by Tata in India which removed the name from British or US hands.

So yes, a chain of events did lead to the Defender going under, and so called British people that think they are half Euro helped it happen buying foreign stuff.

At least forever more I'll have no conscience of feeling I've voted in to flog off everything British just live in Britain.

Instead I believe in and have voted for a Great Britain, and that is to Vote Leave and be Indipendant.

I wouldn't call last night a slanging match, I did however hear consistency Kahn and Ruth every time Leave were speaking going Boris, Boris, Boris, Boris.
That got extremely annoying beyond belief and was a blanket attempt to muddy the water abd prevent people listening to them.
Boris with his final speech had a standing ovation also.

Remain said there would be no Euro army, the BBC fact finder thing said yes there would be.
There was Euro exercises on Salisbury plain with in the last year.
Caneron said Turkey wouldn't join the EU, he said never, next he said maybe 2025.
Truth is it's more like the next 4 years, they also mention nothing about the other minor countries that want to get in.
Just yesterday there were migrants in France fighting with French police chanting "f*** England / Great Britain" because we are having this referendum.
No doubt ISIS terrorists have already and will manage to make their way in wit these migrants too.
Cameron's plan originally was to keep them in their home country, that was right but he failed there too.
Why? Because EU countries tell them to come here because life is easy.
Even if they do get work, that is one less job for you, a parent of yours or an offspring of yours.

Where will all these people go? Concrete all our countryside?
Where will we go? Be pushed out ourselves in our own country abd we become future refugees?
After all councils support them far more than us, equal opportunity after all...

Many don't even have the courtesy to speak or our language or integrate with society.

That aside, I think we are going severely downhill and needs to stop.
So I'm 100% British and generations before me, my grandfather fought a war for peace in Europe but not to be a part of it. Certainly not a superstate.
For this I believe in supporting Great Britain, the only way to do that is a Vote Leave.
You cannot reform the EU, it is not possible nor allowed and anyone believing that rubbish of "reforms in the pipeline" are deluded.
Anyone can see that's a kid on over the Indy ref to try and trick votes.
Cameron tried it, failed in a spectacular manner!
As my local pro Leave MP said Camerons handling of it was 'farcical'.

So that silly talk of reforming the EU is impossible, it's not allowed and it's not legal.
And last but not least they do not want it to be.

So with all of this in mind amongst many things be like most here on D2 I'm proud to Vote Leave and support everything British. Our Armed Forces, British Farmers & growers, British business of all sizes. Etc etc.

Very Happy
Post #542352 22nd Jun 2016 12:13pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
With now less than a day to go before we vote I am still not clear in my mind what the true facts of staying or leaving are and to be honest I do not think anyone has. This debate has been the most vague and disorganized I have ever come across. All I seem to have heard is more of a party political airing where each side has accused the others of lying, as the slogan says ‘Never let the truth get in the way of a good story’.

All the rhetoric from dozens of politicians and business leader has done for me is made me fearful of staying and fearful of opting out. However in my heart of hearts I feel that to vote to leave the EU is a vote for a change for the better.

I only hope that should the vote be in favour of leaving then our politicians and business men and women are up to the job, perhaps if it is a leave majority Business leaders can be seen and be proved to justify their huge salaries for doing a job and for politicians to show just how good they are in dealing with what will be a new beginning. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #542354 22nd Jun 2016 12:15pm
stanley

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Just add a little humour ! No offence to either side!

Click image to enlarge

I want the free puppies , show me the puppie , can I have the puppies!
Post #542359 22nd Jun 2016 12:24pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
^^^ That leaflet does have some very strong points I must confess Laughing Thumbs Up Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #542368 22nd Jun 2016 12:51pm
boode

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Rutland Red
A question for the Welsh members - If we vote leave and as is almost certain Scotland then leaves the UK - What will Wales do ?

PS I also want the puppies - I hope there will be enough for everyone
Post #542371 22nd Jun 2016 12:57pm
Penguin

Belgium 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Chawton White
blackwolf wrote:
If we stay in, how long before they makes us drive on the wrong side of the road?

What wrong side? Laughing

But no worries, you guys will remain isolated from the rest of the world.... By leaving, I'm afraid even more than before.
For sure if we Europeans will have more problems importing from the UK, and the Pound becomes even more expensive than now for us.
Exit will make a change, little or none for us, but a big one on the island. 28/02 - Loss of a good friend...

In a time of chimpanzees, I was a penguin.
Post #542375 22nd Jun 2016 12:59pm
Lost for Words

boode wrote:
If we vote leave and as is almost certain Scotland then leaves the UK

This is rubbish. Seriously, there just isn't enough of a correlation. A TNS poll asked the exact question and the result was 48% No to 38% Yes. There are far bigger issues involved with Scottish independence that are not suddenly overcome by leaving the EU. Threats from the SNP are just made to scare people into staying, but it just isn't how they pretend it is.

As for Wales, there's no massive favour with the EU there:

Click image to enlarge

Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver
Post #542379 22nd Jun 2016 1:11pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
For anyone who was unsure or who has never done it before the BBC has made this helpful article on "how to vote"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36584905

Click image to enlarge

Rolling Eyes Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #542386 22nd Jun 2016 1:32pm
bm52

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
Agree with the above. I have a large family and you should have been with us on Sunday when we had a long discussion. Age ranged from 25 to 90. Very passionate and respectful of each other but with a fair helping of banter as well
Post #542387 22nd Jun 2016 1:40pm
stanley

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
shaggydog wrote:
For anyone who was unsure or who has never done it before the BBC has made this helpful article on "how to vote"

Click image to enlarge

Rolling Eyes

Apparently they have to produce this under a EU directive !
Post #542388 22nd Jun 2016 1:43pm
boode

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Rutland Red
shaggydog wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Rolling Eyes

Do we all have to wear Green ?
Post #542390 22nd Jun 2016 1:51pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 14 of 34 <123 ... 131415 ... 323334>