↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Corrosion Prevention Guide!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 25 of 84 <123 ... 242526 ... 828384>
Print this entire topic · 
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Cold wash, not steaming hot. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #478354 2nd Dec 2015 3:47pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Three nice motors in at the moment.

I love orange Defenders, always hankered after a G4 but a model one is as near as I ever got!

Could be a new air intake accessory for the tastefully challenged!!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #478737 3rd Dec 2015 3:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
I think we all know who's the AB Bowler is!! Does the Adventurer belong ot a Def2 member?

I do like the Orange Adventurer, just not sure I'm brave enough Confused
Post #478749 3rd Dec 2015 3:52pm
Holty

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Tonga Green
Yes the Orange one belongs to me, got a few looks on its first trip straight to zags !
I Love it
Kids love it
Wife hates it !
Result , she won't be allowed to drive it anyway!
Post #478894 3rd Dec 2015 10:27pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
My love of orange come from SAAB 96's, SAAB actually called it Indian yellow Confused Gorgeous.

I have now got an Opal Green one, even more outrageous but rare and it was their rallying colour also for the later V4 96.

Had loads of 96's since I was 13, I will never sell the above, just too hard to find in such good condition these days BUT would like another Two Stroke 96.

This rally one up for 18k plus 10k for a load of spare parts. 8k will get you a nice road one however, that will be a loooooong way off though :|

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #479003 4th Dec 2015 11:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Looks amazing Holty!! Thumbs Up Enjoy! The only way I could justify getting our 110 was as my wife's only daily car, but she loves it!! Some people have no taste Rolling with laughter
Post #479037 4th Dec 2015 1:54pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Zagato wrote:
My love of orange come from SAAB 96's, SAAB actually called it Indian yellow Confused Gorgeous.

I have now got an Opal Green one, even more outrageous but rare and it was their rallying colour also for the later V4 96.

Had loads of 96's since I was 13, I will never sell the above, just too hard to find in such good condition these days BUT would like another Two Stroke 96.
Now that Green one is my kinda (second) motor, it's a cracker Chris... Bow down

Even if it is a Saab... Mr. Green

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #479104 4th Dec 2015 5:22pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Laughing Yeah they are a milion miles away from a Defender but that's the whole point with Defenders, something totally different, the only modern motor I can get enthused about Wink Just a pity the build quality and components quality are so poor, the 40 year old SAAB puts a modern Defender to shame as similarly does an early Series II before Leyland got involved e.g. Galvanised cappings, thick bulkhead and axle metal.

The good news is that Holty is involved with Toyota, says something that he hasn,t gone for a Land Cruiser!! Defenders are not perfect by any means but you cannot beat that boyish excitement of what is a great big Tonka toy, a small lorry or a classic car, it,s not always about efficiency, practicality etc it's also about the fun of driving something you can get so involved in... a Defender is just FUN Very Happy
Post #479120 4th Dec 2015 6:01pm
Didster

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
Nice to meet you today and thanks for doing a superb job. See you in the new year. Various...
Post #479218 5th Dec 2015 12:16am
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
It was a pleasure and always nice to meet a real enthusiast Thumbs Up You have a very enviable stable of Land Rovers for every occasion Wink
Post #479411 5th Dec 2015 6:42pm
randjafloat

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
ACF-50 / Corrosion Block test results
One for any doubters out there...

Motorboat magazine did a back to back test on various anti-corrosion sprays marketed in the marine world (and stuff like Duck Oil, WD-40 too!) The test was a lot like real life for a Defender in winter:

Corrosion block (ACF-50 but a bit thicker) came out top:

Kind of reassuring......
Post #487723 2nd Jan 2016 11:46am
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Better still ACF-50 in practice on a Defender rear crossmember that is used to launch RIBS from a beach in Wales. This one came into me about 3 months ago. The crossmember rusted so the owner took it back to bare metal and sprays with ACF-50. It,s been like this for over two years... Quite remarkable stuff... Little point in spraying black just spray ACF-50 occasionally!

Post #487789 2nd Jan 2016 2:33pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
On Another note, I said I would test the clear Dinitrol high performance wax spray and as the makers in Germany explain touch dry isn,t quite the correct translation for their description. It is much thinner than the usual underbody wax 4941 and is sticky to touch after applying it a month ago in my workshop. It,s like touching sellotape but doesn,t come off on your finger. It is however very clear, you wouldn,t notice it was on but for a second look but as it is sticky it wouldn,t stay clear for long with road grime! Has it uses though and is much runnier than 4941 although can be scraped off easily with your finger nail unlike 4941 which is much harder.
Post #487794 2nd Jan 2016 2:44pm
JonnyW

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Alpine White
Treatment for new Defender
Hi Zagato,
I have just picked up my new 110 SW from Harwoods in Tonbridge today and am eager to get it treated before its gets exposed to the winter roads.
Can you let me know the cost and when you might be able to carry out the work?
(I cant PM you as I have not made 3 posts yet!)
Regards
Jon
Post #488893 5th Jan 2016 5:37pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Hi Jon, give me a call 01403 784686 evenings best and I will send you an email with full details also Thumbs Up

Either that or reply to this and post a thread about tyres... Always guaranteed to get a lengthy response Wink
Post #488900 5th Jan 2016 6:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 25 of 84 <123 ... 242526 ... 828384>